SASS Wire Forum

Buck Mark, 22/45 or 1911 conversion?

Old Scatterbrain

Huh? Not sure wat your answer wuz,

But ah gotz ah Ruger 22/45,

It's accurate, reliable and tons of parts and options ;)

Then ah don't hafta dissasemble mah 1911 ta' practice either.

I went with the .22 conversion kit. Because I shoot a 1911 a lot, and when I bought the conversion kit, .22 1911's were not readily available.

Now, I would just buy one of new 1911 22s (Sig Sauer, GSG or Colt...I'm not impressed by the Chiappa) and be done with it.

But then again, I carry a 1911 every day, so I'm a bit prejudice. :)

I went with the .22 conversion kit. Because I shoot a 1911 a lot, and when I bought the conversion kit, .22 1911's were not readily available.

Now, I would just buy one of new 1911 22s (Sig Sauer, GSG or Colt...I'm not impressed by the Chiappa) and be done with it.

But then again, I carry a 1911 every day, so I'm a bit prejudice. :)

Started to suggest the same but I've not heard consistant good reviews on any of them -

The Colt- Well, price put a stop to that!

Started to suggest the same but I've not heard consistant good reviews on any of them -

The Colt- Well, price put a stop to that!

I haven't had one of the Colts in hand...but they're selling on Gunbroker for $350-$395. The written reviews from people who shot them seems favorable, but I have to admit I don't know anyone who owns one of the Umarex Colt 1911's.

I have three Buckmarks and love everyone of them. I have one with a red dot sight on it and two for iron sights and have shot several hundred rounds through each of them and they have not failed to preform yet.

Sig Sauer 1911-22 HANDS DOWN! I have it and the Chiappa as well as the Umarex M-4 rifle in 22. The Umarex(Colt name on it) took some breaking in to do. The Chiappa had to be sent back. The Sig eats anything I feed it, has high quality parts, including solid metal magazine verses plastic and along with the standard safety on a 1911, will not fire if the magazine is out, even if a round is in the chamber, and Sig service said it is designed to be carried loaded and locked. 389 or so

Which .22 would you buy, and why?

I think I already know the answer.

I've got a Kimber .22 conversion: Colt with Conversion unit . . . and it allows me

to use the same gun I shoot in .45 a lot more, at less cost. I like the unit - it works well,

and gives me sub 2" with the right ammo. Cost $275 when I got it, and it's worth it.

If I was shopping for another .22 I'd wait to check out the supposed new Browning .22 7/8 scale gun due out any year now . . . .

SC

Huh? Not sure wat your answer wuz,

But ah gotz ah Ruger 22/45,

It's accurate, reliable and tons of parts and options ;)

Then ah don't hafta dissasemble mah 1911 ta' practice either.

=================================================

I've got the Ruger 22/45 and love it. It's the third Ruger .22 semi-auto pistol I've had. I sold the first two and regretted it, but I'm not lettin' this one go.

I have a Buckmark and like it.

+1

I have a Browning Buckmark Bullseye Target .22LR, with a 7 1/4" Fluted Bull Barrel & Rosewood Grips, sweet gun.

I can hit a golfball dead center @ 75 feet, freehand, with it.

It's very similar to a Ruger MkIII Hunter, but the slide on my Buckmark doesn't bother your fingers like the Rugers do.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/Buckmark22BullseyeTarget.jpg

I also have a .22 conversion for my Kimber 1911A1 Custom TLE/RL II, but I haven't used it since I got the Buckmark.

I haven't had one of the Colts in hand...but they're selling on Gunbroker for $350-$395. The written reviews from people who shot them seems favorable, but I have to admit I don't know anyone who owns one of the Umarex Colt 1911's.

Handled one today at my local's-

Marked $320 but i waz NOT impressed-

Also got one ugly billboard on'em!

Hard to belive it was a Colt>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Had a ceiner 22 coversion before he started making them with adj sights. It shot fine and worked with std power 22s as well as high speed stuff. Bought a Ruger 22/45 and it works even better, mounted a red dot on top of it and have it modified to take the suppressor as well. Its a real neat little gun. The new Sig looks real real interesting as well so one of them may make it into the gun safe at some point.

Sig Sauer 1911-22 HANDS DOWN! I have it and the Chiappa as well as the Umarex M-4 rifle in 22. The Umarex(Colt name on it) took some breaking in to do. The Chiappa had to be sent back. The Sig eats anything I feed it, has high quality parts, including solid metal magazine verses plastic and along with the standard safety on a 1911, will not fire if the magazine is out, even if a round is in the chamber, and Sig service said it is designed to be carried loaded and locked. 389 or so

Dang you Mike!!

Just took a look see on that Sig 'n now I gotta have one!!!!!!!!!!

But WHY do EVER MAKER have to put all that dang colored write'n on their 1911 22's?

Dang you Mike!!

Just took a look see on that Sig 'n now I gotta have one!!!!!!!!!!

But WHY do EVER MAKER have to put all that dang colored write'n on their 1911 22's?

I don't know, but I figure I don't see the writing when looking down the sights. That Sig 1911-22 is one fine pistol. I iwll add a word of warning, there is an extra step to disassembly than from a real 1911, they include a special allen wrench. You will see an extra hole with screw in it beside the slide release hole on the other side.

The Sig is such a good running pistol I even keep it near my bed at night, the 22 hollow points won't go through a wall, and hurt children, but will do damage needed to stop an invader, course the bigger brother Sig 22o with light rail I got for my anniversary is also there

Can't go wrong with the 22/45 OR the Buckmark. I prefer the Buckmark myself but the Ruger shoots great too!;)

I don't know, but I figure I don't see the writing when looking down the sights. That Sig 1911-22 is one fine pistol. I iwll add a word of warning, there is an extra step to disassembly than from a real 1911, they include a special allen wrench. You will see an extra hole with screw in it beside the slide release hole on the other side.

The Sig is such a good running pistol I even keep it near my bed at night, the 22 hollow points won't go through a wall, and hurt children, but will do damage needed to stop an invader, course the bigger brother Sig 22o with light rail I got for my anniversary is also there

Keep talkin- Ya costin me money-----

So without me lookin wat kinda cash we talkin?

Keep talkin- Ya costin me money-----

So without me lookin wat kinda cash we talkin?

I paid 389 for mine. I have seen them as high as 429. Mine came with a threaded barrell to attach a silencer if I wanted to as well as yellow dot novak raised sights. feels real solid in my hand. fires fast and straight. easy follow through.

I paid 389 for mine. I have seen them as high as 429. Mine came with a threaded barrell to attach a silencer if I wanted to as well as yellow dot novak raised sights. feels real solid in my hand. fires fast and straight. easy follow through.

Well, I been simi gud & Christmas is comin!

IO have a Browning Challenger 2, the predecessor to the Buck Mark. It is accurate as all get out but since I bought it in 1975, it has had nothing but feed problems. I bought new magazines for it as well as Challenger 3 magazines, all with no success.

I then, on a whim, borrowed a friend's Buck Mark magazine and inserted it into the grip frame. Since the Buck Mark is a thumb release and the Challenger is a heel type, I held it in place... 4 magazines later with no feed jams...

I bought a Buck Mark magazine and filed a ledge to use the heel release and VOILA!.... Success...... I then bought 4 more magazines and altered them. I have put over 2,000 rounds of jam free shooting through these magazines and am happier'n a pig in slop...

Browning knew about the problem and finally got their heads out of their rectal cavities....

Handled one today at my local's-

Marked $320 but i waz NOT impressed-

Also got one ugly billboard on'em!

Hard to belive it was a Colt>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

That's cuz it's not a Colt. The word Colt doesn't appear anywhere in the A/D books and is never written on the 4473 form. They're made by Walther and imported by Umarex.

The GSG/SIG is a great 1911/22, but tears down in a bit of an unorthodox manner.

That's cuz it's not a Colt. The word Colt doesn't appear anywhere in the A/D books and is never written on the 4473 form. They're made by Walther and imported by Umarex.

The GSG/SIG is a great 1911/22, but tears down in a bit of an unorthodox manner.

if they are made by Walther, and Walther is owned by Smith & Wesson, why doesn't S & W make one as well under their brand? I'd be more apt to buy it. I worry how long Umarex will support it with parts.

Walther is owned by Smith & Wesson?? S&W imports German made Walthers, and has exclusive rights to Walther USA, but they certainly don't own Walther Germany. Importation and distribution do not constitute ownership, and neither does production under license. Sadly, the parent company of Walther Germany is Umarex, the air gun/airsoft manufacturer, and has been for a decade.

I own a Buckmark Field 5.5. Accurate, reliable, with a large grip that fits my paws. And it's easy to clean.

I also own a Ruger Mark I. Accurate, reliable, and an absolute @#$%^&*-@##$@#^&* $%#@&^!!! to detail strip and clean.

BuckMark, no doubt. Several BuckMarks come with smaller grips for the kiddlettes and wimmens.

But the word COLT was on the slide-

Colt 1911 22

Archived