SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 1894

Doc Neeley

Your source?

Respectfully,

LG

The one I just received in my gun shop and the ones another distributor just got (and sold). It looks like they'll be allocated for a while.

The one I just received in my gun shop and the ones another distributor just got (and sold). It looks like they'll be allocated for a while.

LG, it looks as though he has answered your question already.

To the best of his abiity.

LG

Well I guess the fact that you visit the Marlin forum makes for all your knowledge...geeze, the guy just makes a Heads Up and keep yer fingers crossed statement and you 3rd degree him.

OY...you ever wonder why?

:FlagAm:

I expect that I will be seeing some as soon as they get Up here .... None as yet ...

Hopeing they get it right this time .....

Jabez Cowboy

Well I guess the fact that you visit the Marlin forum makes for all your knowledge...geeze, the guy just makes a Heads Up and keep yer fingers crossed statement and you 3rd degree him.

OY...you ever wonder why?

:FlagAm:

Over the years I have seen tons of misinformation and lack of information on the Marlin forum. No different than the SASS Wire, reader beware.

Just a head up, it seems Marlin may have the kinks worked out on the 1894's as they are showing up in distrubutors. Keep you fingers crossed.

Thanks for the info..

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Lets hope the shipping information is correct. Hopefully Remington has solved the quality assurance issues with the newly manufactured Marlin rifles. The Marlin 94 is a wonderful rifle for cowboy action shooting, and many of us would like to see them around for years to come.

Lets hope the shipping information is correct. Hopefully Remington has solved the quality assurance issues with the newly manufactured Marlin rifles. The Marlin 94 is a wonderful rifle for cowboy action shooting, and many of us would like to see them around for years to come.

X2 :excl:

Guest Kid Sopris, Regulator, #3290

This is from Gary Reeders sight about Marlin

*"A little clarification about Marlin here. A while back I mentioned that they had closed their doors and I was hoping it wasn’t for good. Well, I was somewhat right.* The Freedom Group’s factory rep was in the shop a few days ago and gave me the scoop on all the things that are going on with the company. Marlin also has a plant in Kentucky and this plant is where the bolt action guns are being made. They have new equipment and all is going well there. They are cranking out new rifles on a regular basis and the quality is fine. The problem was in their New York plant. The equipment for making the 1894 and 1895 rifles was so worn out that they couldn’t put out a gun that would work reliably. When they moved from their old plant they let all their old workers go and those old guys had babied the old equipment along to make it work. The new guys didn’t know which buttons to push to make the old worn out equipment crank out good product. So they closed down the production of the 1894 and 1895 rifles until all new equipment can be made and tested fully. They hope within a few months to start doing the testing and have guns coming out by next fall. The equipment that makes the model 336s and the model 39s* is newer equipment so they are able to build a few of them, but the emphasis right now is getting the new equipment in and going, and let the Kentucky plant carry them along."

I do not have independent knowledge to confirm or deny the statements.

This is from Gary Reeders sight about Marlin

*"A little clarification about Marlin here. A while back I mentioned that they had closed their doors and I was hoping it wasn't for good. Well, I was somewhat right.* The Freedom Group's factory rep was in the shop a few days ago and gave me the scoop on all the things that are going on with the company. Marlin also has a plant in Kentucky and this plant is where the bolt action guns are being made. They have new equipment and all is going well there. They are cranking out new rifles on a regular basis and the quality is fine. The problem was in their New York plant. The equipment for making the 1894 and 1895 rifles was so worn out that they couldn't put out a gun that would work reliably. When they moved from their old plant they let all their old workers go and those old guys had babied the old equipment along to make it work. The new guys didn't know which buttons to push to make the old worn out equipment crank out good product. So they closed down the production of the 1894 and 1895 rifles until all new equipment can be made and tested fully. They hope within a few months to start doing the testing and have guns coming out by next fall. The equipment that makes the model 336s and the model 39s* is newer equipment so they are able to build a few of them, but the emphasis right now is getting the new equipment in and going, and let the Kentucky plant carry them along."

I do not have independent knowledge to confirm or deny the statements.

Cool! Seems like something good is happening if the statement is on the up-n-up...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

That statement has a little Spin ,,,, on it ....

All the Guns We saw up here were Stamped as made By Remington in Illion NY USA ....

All the Pre "R" guns at least worked...

Jabez Cowboy

Archived