SASS Wire Forum

WTB Uberti Russian

Howdy Amigos

I'm looking for a Uberti copy of a Smith & Wesson Russian model in 44 Russian caliber, If you have one you don't shoot anymore and are interested in selling it let me know.

Thanks

Willy B'

I got one but it is 45 LC, is you sure they came in 44R

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/top_break.php

Scroll down. I had one of the Russian models. Should have kept it. :(

I've got the first half of a pair out in the safe and it's in 44 Russian, I wanted to make sure I could reach the hammer before I bought the second half of the pair.

Still Looking

Willy B'

You may want to post the barrel length wanted to match the one you already have.

They Uberti Russian Models were made in both 6-1/2" & 7" barrels.

When you have holsters built just make sure the maker knows what your barrel length is to avoid a possible "misunderstanding".

They may not be the fastest, but they do look cool. I shoot Gunfighhter with a pair in .44 Russian now & then with blackpowder.

Best of luck in your search.

Thanks Earle

The Russian I already have is a 6 1/2 barrel and I would like to pair that up with another the same length But if I find a 7" at a good price I would sure consider it.

I'd been thinking of ordering a set of holsters for them from Wolf Ears but found they fit perfectly in a pair of Ross holsters I've had laying around for awhile, I may reconsider the holster situation after I get the second revolver but for now I'll see how the ones I have work out.

The only problem I've had is I shoot duelist and when transfering the gun from my left hand to my right I get tangled up by the spur, If I can't figure how to do the transfer more smoothly I may try to put a Schofield trigger guard on the left hand gun.

As you can probably tell i'm still figuring out the russian, So far it feels pretty good but I think with putting more lead down range I'll get a lot more comfortable with them.

Willy B'

Hey There Willy!

There is one on GUNBROKER right now [keyword search: UBERTI RUSSIAN] (until ~noon Nov 16th) in .44 Russian with 6 1/2" bbl for $800 plus $25 shipping and another 3% if paying by Credit.

I am not affiliated with the sale in any way, I am shopping for a .45LC top break and came acrossed it - thought you might be interested.

~William

:FlagAm:

Hey Willy D

I spotted that one earlier this morning, That's getting pretty close to the price I can buy a new one for from one of the discount gun outfits, It doesn't close for a few more days so it gives me a little time to think about it.

There was one on there in 45 Colt until just a few days ago I noticed they didn't repost it after time ran out.

Willy B'

Willie I ended up with a 6 1/2" and a 7". Shot them for awhile like that then decided to even thing up so i cut the barrels....to 5" :D

I shoot them in Classic Cowboy and am quite competitive with them. You must me using 2 strongside holsters I use a crossdraw and shoot both with my right hand, making the transfer to the crossdraw by grabbing the topstrap with my left had while drawing the right.

Archived