SASS Wire Forum

OT - Striker fired pocket pistol?

Krazy Kajun

I am looking for suggestions on a striker fired "pocket carry" pistol, one that completely fits in your pocket. I have a S&W Bodyguard 380 that I currently use. Other equivalents to that would be the Ruger LCP or the Keltec P3AT. I don't particularly care for the longer trigger pull on either 3 of these pocket pistols. Does anyone know of a striker fired pocket pistol in 32 or 380?

Diamondback 380 Don't have one, but I've handled them. The guy that designed it worked for Glock. I like them.

I've recently become interested in their 9mm; I handled one at my local gun shop the other day and was impressed with the small size and feel.

The Taurus has a hammer and is, as I understand (other than having a working slide lock) very like the P-3AT and LCP. I have a Taurus and its been a really good gun so far. (though I've started to think about trading it on something like a Diamondback Db9).

Glock .380's are made for countries that specifically prohibit military calibers such as 9MM and .45 ACP

This is from Glock's FAQ: G25 & G28

The G25 and G28 are .380 ACP versions of the G19 & G26. Because of their caliber they do not get enough import points for normal importation and are only available to LE and military

Glock .380's are made for countries that specifically prohibit military calibers such as 9MM and .45 ACP

That and the frame size is the same as the 17,19 and 26,all 9 mm so they are not truly pocket sized guns.

As you have said they are for country's that do not allow military calibers.

I have seen and read on the Diamondback,their seems to be quite a few functioning problems with them,although they are otherwise glock like. Adios Sgt.Jake

I bought the Taurus TCP after comparing to the other pistols mentioned. Slightly shorter trigger pull and much smoother than the LCP. Same size as LCP. Shot 100 rounds as recommended with only 1 failure to feed. Quite happy with it.

Archived