SASS Wire Forum

OT - Brother and sister want my '94 Winnies

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

I am selling my two 1894-1994 stamped Winchesters to my bro and sis (one is 30-30, the other is a Trapper in 45 Colt)....what is the procedure to send them. From an FFL here in Mich to an FFL in California (like Grant Boys in Costa Mesa, or maybe Walker '47)?? anyone know?

Thanks for any advice...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I am selling my two 1894-1994 stamped Winchesters to my bro and sis (one is 30-30, the other is a Trapper in 45 Colt)....what is the procedure to send them. From an FFL here in Mich to an FFL in California (like Grant Boys in Costa Mesa, or maybe Walker '47)?? anyone know?

Thanks for any advice...

If you are sending them from a Mich. FFL to a Cal FFL your Mich. FFL will need to be signed up with the California Firearms Licensee Check (CFLC)program. Your Mich FFL will then need at least a faxed copy of the Cal. FFL's and his Cal. Firearms license number. With that info your FFL will go to the above site to verify then print an aurthorization from the Cal. DOJ. The Cal FFL needs a copy of this so this printout goes in with the guns. I like FedEx Ground but long guns can be sent postal.

Or, if you can locate a Cal FFL that will accept firearms from a non-licensee send them yourself( think Mich. allows this?). Then you won't need to deal with the Cal. DOJ bureaucrats waltz.

my first question is where abouts in cal? sounds like youre headed to OC. i would call nasty nick at walker 47, im sure he will walk you through the process.

CC

+1 for Nasty Nick. I shipped a long gun to him for a pard who bought it from me. I just packed it up in a cheap hard side case, put that in a plain box, addressed it, took it to the PO and off it went. Easy Peasy. Other times I have shipped through my FFL, he took care of everything including packaging for a small fee. But, he won't ship to CA because he is a small one man operation and doesn't feel it's worth his time to work through the CA stuff.

Thanks Gents for your help - I knew I could count on the Wire...from recipes for Bloody Mary's to shipping firearms ~ yee haw pards!! :)

Thanks Gents for your help - I knew I could count on the Wire...from recipes for Bloody Mary's to shipping firearms ~ yee haw pards!! :)

...thought you were coming out around Thanksgiving?

Fillmore

...thought you were coming out around Thanksgiving?

Fillmore

Yes I am pard!....don't want to bring 'em on the plane though...

Hope to see ya in Norco :)

Archived