SASS Wire Forum

Tonic Kid

Cash Duckett

At CAC I got to meet Tonic Kid one evening. We chatted a bit, it seems we have some common friends. He is a very sharp, nice person. The next day I hear someone singing so beautifully, I had to look and see who was hired. It was Tonic. That cowboy can sing like nothing I've heard before! My wife was almost in tears. If you ever get a chance to hear him sing, by all means you must.

Tonic, thanks for singing for us. It was truly a pleasure to meet and shoot with you!

Cash and Kelly.

At CAC I got to meet Tonic Kid one evening. We chatted a bit, it seems we have some common friends. He is a very sharp, nice person. The next day I hear someone singing so beautifully, I had to look and see who was hired. It was Tonic. That cowboy can sing like nothing I've heard before! My wife was almost in tears. If you ever get a chance to hear him sing, by all means you must.

Tonic, thanks for singing for us. It was truly a pleasure to meet and shoot with you!

Cash and Kelly.

Cash, you said it perfectly. If anyone recorded it, please post a link for all to see and hear.

Rowdy

Cash and Kelly.

He was great... When he started singing our National Anthem..

I thought WOW!! They hired a great singer for our anthem...

Now I see he was a feller shooter.. Sure wish I'd a known that :mellow: ..

It would have been a pleasure to shake his hand and thank him..

Great job Tonic Kid and THANK YOU...

Rance n'Lacey <_<

Thanks again Tonic Kid :)

p.s. Ya know how ya get them little goose bumps on ya when somethin' feels special or just perfect :blink: Gottem' that day :)

AMEN to all the above. Like I said on one of the other threads, Tonic did it the way it should be done!!

Thank you for all of the kind words. It is my pleasure to be able to sing the National Anthem, being the son of a Vietnam Veteran and the grandson of a WWII Veteran. Cash, it was a pleasure getting to visit with you and Kelly. If anyone would like for me to sing the National Anthem at their event, I would be happy to do so. If I can "financially" make it and my schedule will allow it, I will do it. Again, thank you for all of the kind words. I wish I could meet all of you in person, and hopefully some day I will. Take care and God bless.

Tonic

Normally I sign the National Anthem along with the singer. Usually I do it only loud enough for me to know that I'm doing it. But, I like singing along and I feel a bit more patriotic for having done so.

When Tonic started singing I teared up, my throat choked up and all I could do was mouth the words and listen.

Way to go, Buddy. You are a fine American, and a great Classic Cowboy. Thanks for gracing us all with a performance for Americans to be proud of and remembered by all for a long, long time.

and He's a SWEETHEART too!

Don't tell anyone CL. I've got a reputation to think about. :lol:

Normally I sign the National Anthem along with the singer. Usually I do it only loud enough for me to know that I'm doing it. But, I like singing along and I feel a bit more patriotic for having done so.

When Tonic started singing I teared up, my throat choked up and all I could do was mouth the words and listen.

Way to go, Buddy. You are a fine American, and a great Classic Cowboy. Thanks for gracing us all with a performance for Americans to be proud of and remembered by all for a long, long time.

After the thing with Cripple Creek and the National Anthem and all that.

I teared up also.

I had a hard time with the safety meeting (was going to be hard enough anyway as I am VERY scared to talk in public)

Still had the sniffles when it came time to do it. Thought I was going to pass out.

Ya did a great job again Tonic.

+1. Although, I'll never admit to the tearing up part.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

+1. Although, I'll never admit to the tearing up part.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

I don't know about crying, but while I was singing the National Anthem, I did notice you standing at attention saluting the flag. Thanks Fingers

Tonic

I remember either the first or second Showdown with CVV. The week of 9/11/2001. On Friday night they were having a talent show on main street at Buckcreek. Lots of cutting up and carrying on by the crowd. This freckled redhead got up and said he had intended to sing something else, but felt this selection was more appropriate. He proceeded to belt out either God Bless America or the Star Spangled Banner, I can't remember which. The place was silent as he sang, spellbound. I have listened and admired the Tonic Kid ever since. I'm thankful to have known him for 10 years now.

I don't have a video or audio recording of me singing the National Anthem. I would probably break the video camera. :blush: I guess the next time I know I am going to be singing the National Anthem, I will try to remember to find someone with a video camera or a video camera phone to record it. I mentioned earlier I would be happy to sing the National Anthem at any clubs' match if I have the resources to get there. I also didn't mention I do not charge a fee to sing the National Anthem. It is a "labor of love", and a pleasure to sing. :FlagAm: Now if someone wanted to comp a match or buy me dinner, what kind of a cowboy would I be to argue? :lol: Thanks again for all the kind words. :blush:

Tonic

TK has been my best friend for over 20 years and I STILL can't beleive that that voice can come out of him. I have heard him sing many times including at the funerals of both my parents, and his own wedding, and I am still impressed every time. If you want to hear something really good contact the Kid about the group he sings with "Broken Vessel" it is not to be beleived.

TK's Baby brother, biggest supporter, gun cart pusher, and proud friend,

Slim

Not ashamed to admit it either. I teared up this time as I always do when I hear Tonic sing the Anthem. :FlagAm:

Titus A.(thankful for cowboys like Tonic Kid)Gnatsass

You tear up at the drop of a hat!! You teared up comein out of the shower when you saw Noah and I in your bus Saturday Night at CaC too. :lol:

Ya'll need to stop the Tonic praises we have to shoot with him. :D

Love ya Kid darlin, and that god given talented voice! :wub:

You tear up at the drop of a hat!! You teared up comein out of the shower when you saw Noah and I in your bus Saturday Night at CaC too. :lol:

Ya'll need to stop the Tonic praises we have to shoot with him. :D

Love ya Kid darlin, and that god given talented voice! :wub:

Rocky, you've brought a tear to many a cowboys eye, I'm sure. :wub:

Archived