SASS Wire Forum

What Happend to da Chickens ?

Shotgun Bandit

All I can say is if I'd been in a larger vehicle, the chickens would no longer reside in Texas. They'd be trying to breath from the bottom of Lake Neely Henry in close proximity to my house. The average was better than one miss PER shooter on the friggin' chickens. Of course some hit 'em all. Personally, I helped raise the average above one. I HATE FRIGGIN' CHICKENS! If my frog had had chicken wings, he wouldn't have bumped his tail feathers and I'd have shot the sucker clean! :D

I cleaned that stage...what's the problem???? :unsure:

I learned how to do it....AIM!!!! :rolleyes:

I shot the chickens clean :blink: ... but.. How in world do ya miss a buffalo?? :wacko:

Yeah... I saw it happen.. with my own eyes :mellow:

Rance

Thinkin'.. Man that was a fun match..

Them friggin' chickens killed my match. 46 CLEAN? WHAT THE ****?

Down the rifle...over two steps.. RELOAD? THEN the reload jammed in the gate and I shut the lever... of course it didn't shut (you idiot) but now the lever is jammed and so is the round.

Once the moon came up and the stars changed, I got the lever opened and tore the skin off my index finger cramming that round in the mag tube. Over to the friggin' chickens...

1st pistol ..so good.. 2nd pistol...my Colts NEVER EVER have to go around... except on this friggin' chicken stage ...LEFT HANDED.

Now that it's almost Christmas the gun finally goes off. I guess I should be thankful that it hit something that went DING. :wacko:

I tried my best to get a chicken rustling party together on Sat night. :ph34r:

Was going to hold them for ransom.

NOBODY would go in with me to do the deed.

And I was really going to do it. But nobody wanted to help out.

SO. Everyone that wants them gone. YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE. The time was right.

Did not want to be the only one in on the chicken rustling. So I just went to bed and left them there. B)

I tried my best to get a chicken rustling party together on Sat night. :ph34r:

Was going to hold them for ransom.

NOBODY would go in with me to do the deed.

And I was really going to do it. But nobody wanted to help out.

SO. Everyone that wants them gone. YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE. The time was right.

Did not want to be the only one in on the chicken rustling. So I just went to bed and left them there. B)

Chicken!!!

Chicken!!!

Was going to hide in the cactus. Needed someone to hold the dang flah light so I did not

stick them things all over me.

But NO. Nobody wanted to help out.

So get ready to shoot them again next year. Hope this time he hangs them all out there.

THEN maybe I could get chicken rustling help.

Average misses per stage (taking out anyone who didn't shoot every stage - leaving 393 shooters)

1 - .26

2 - .50

3 - .46

4 - .73

5 - 1.25

6 - .23

7 - .50

8 - .24

9 - .07

10 - .64

Heeeeeere chicky, chicky, chicky! I'm gonna feed youuuuuu. I promise not to chop your heaaad off. :D

Congratulations to I. Reckon for being the fastest clean shooter with two hands on a pistol and to Possum Skinner who was the fastest to clean the match shooting pistols unsupported (and Gunfighter to boot!)

Average misses per stage (taking out anyone who didn't shoot every stage - leaving 393 shooters)

1 - .26

2 - .50

3 - .46

4 - .73

5 - 1.25

6 - .23

7 - .50

8 - .24

9 - .07

10 - .64

Heeeeeere chicky, chicky, chicky! I'm gonna feed youuuuuu. I promise not to chop your heaaad off. :D

Congratulations to I. Reckon for being the fastest clean shooter with two hands on a pistol and to Possum Skinner who was the fastest to clean the match shooting pistols unsupported (and Gunfighter to boot!)

ACCOUNTANT.......... :lol:

By my own admission I am....severely analytic. :D

Me too, I gotta' find 2.34 seconds per stage!

that was the difference between 5th and 1st in SD.

Take away the 3 misses I had and it would be .864 seconds a stage.

The spread between Ambush 1st, and Paladin 2nd, was .53 seconds total!!

Was going to hide in the cactus. Needed someone to hold the dang flah light so I did not

stick them things all over me.

But NO. Nobody wanted to help out.

So get ready to shoot them again next year. Hope this time he hangs them all out there.

THEN maybe I could get chicken rustling help.

Al!! You didn't ask me!!! Next year!! :lol::lol::lol:

Buck,'Are you mad at CHICKENS because they ROLLED UP THE TIDE LAST YEAR?

Oooop! I wuz just funnin'.

. .. The average was better than one miss PER shooter on the friggin' chickens. Of course some hit 'em all. Personally, I helped raise the average above one. I... :D

Well Buck, I single-handedly kicked that average past the decimal point on just about every stage! I'm blaming' the altitude, what with all that elevation above the targets a flat-lander like me gets real dizzy!:wacko:

Nice to have met you, see you on the range somewhere.

Olen

News Flash !!!!! I just went out to the Chicken Stage and all the Chicks are in the coop again....Not sure what happened just glad they are all home safe.. Cowboys all over the World say good things about our Chickens and we would like to say thank You.... T-Bone who is glad y'all liked stage #5 this year.......

News Flash !!!!! I just went out to the Chicken Stage and all the Chicks are in the coop again....Not sure what happened just glad they are all home safe.. Cowboys all over the World say good things about our Chickens and we would like to say thank You.... T-Bone who is glad y'all liked stage #5 this year.......

TBone, how's this for a Bar 3 money maker?

Hold a silent auction for each chicken.

Allow winners to do as they please with the varmints. Lake, cutting torch, deep hole, dynamite or place of honor.

Then give an award for the person using the most novel method of destruction.

I bid $20.

yea I mist a chickun, :angry: ,,,cant complane tho,,,,,,,,,I mist the right buffolo tuu.........duh!!!!!! :blush:

Cheyenne :rolleyes:

yea I mist a chickun, :angry: ,,,cant complane tho,,,,,,,,,I mist the right buffolo tuu.........duh!!!!!! :blush:

Cheyenne :rolleyes:

:blink::wacko::unsure::rolleyes:

I missed a whole bunch of targets, including several chickens, but even I didn't miss a buffalo!

Where had they been? I was startin to get worried, I like the chickens! Sure am glad they are back in there home coop!

TBone, how's this for a Bar 3 money maker?

Hold a silent auction for each chicken.

Allow winners to do as they please with the varmints. Lake, cutting torch, deep hole, dynamite or place of honor.

This is the best idea I've heard so far!

I don't see all the FUSS about the Chickens :unsure:

I hit all of them!!! Just gotta slow down a hair and AIM!!! :rolleyes:

Let's see. I shot nine stages averaging 23.44 seconds per stage. I shot the FRICKIN' CHICKENS in 32.56 (9.12 seconds slower) and STILL had two misses (only two in the match :( ). Now, I want to make certain that nobody misunderstands me: In spite of the FRICKIN' CHICKENS, Comin' at Cha is a FRICKIN' GOOD TIME! and I can only blame myself for missing the FRICKIN' CHICKENS! :D

Here is it in all its glory (or not)

A better stage - pistols two positions:

Archived