SASS Wire Forum

HELL ON WHEELS,

Slowhand Bob, 24229

Overall I like it. My wife isn't quite sold on it yet, but we both agreed that last night's episode was better than the pilot. The jury's still out on whether I'll own it when it hits Blu-Ray, but we'll see (Need to see a few more episodes before that decision can be made). I do like the line up of Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels - makes fora good Sunday night! B)

Anyone know how many episodes will be in this season of Hell on Wheels? Hopefully it's not 6 like they did with the first season of The Walking Dead.

BTW - what was the revolver Thomas Durant (Colm Meaney) laid out on his desk in last night's episode? No bbl... just a cylinder. Doesn't look like it would be very accurate beyond a couple of yards.

that is a Pepper Box Ben

I want to watch a couple more before I form an opinion, I did see a 5 minute show on the weapons, I am not impress with the armor. He was talking about putting a percussion cap on a flint lock , how a blunder bust was a common gun for the time and how the 66 was the only cartridge gun at the time.

Anyone know how many episodes will be in this season of Hell on Wheels? Hopefully it's not 6 like they did with the first season of The Walking Dead.

There will be 10 episodes from what I've read.

Some have commented on the train. I haven't read the whole thread but it mostly made from styrofoam from another article I read, to keep costs down.

Its ok .

But we need to give it a chance and watch it to see if it gets better.

If it does good maybe they will see we wont more westerns on tv .

( STILL PISSED THEY DROPPED GUNSMOKE )

Its ok .

But we need to give it a chance and watch it to see if it gets better.

If it does good maybe they will see we wont more westerns on tv .

( STILL PISSED THEY DROPPED GUNSMOKE )

Me too Pard.My wife and I looked forward to seeing gunsmoke every chance we had even if we watched the same shows several times.I recorded them all just so we could watch them when we had the chance to relax.I sure am angry myself for them taking it off the air.Well,we still have the "Rifleman" left.Cross your fingers,maybe they'll bring Gunsmoke back eventually.

Funny, most of the sanctuary ruins from the swamp scenes in THE PATRIOT were made from styro and I was surprised at how long they lasted. I was unable to see them from the trails last spring but thats still quite a few years to stand unprotected out in a swamp. No telling how much RR history was lost to the old scrap iron yards through the years.

Me too Pard.My wife and I looked forward to seeing gunsmoke every chance we had even if we watched the same shows several times.I recorded them all just so we could watch them when we had the chance to relax.I sure am angry myself for them taking it off the air.Well,we still have the "Rifleman" left.Cross your fingers,maybe they'll bring Gunsmoke back eventually.

Where you been sleepin? Must be the great great grandson of Rip Van Winkle. ;) Gunsmoke is on every evening on Encore Westerns Channel & on weekends on TV Land. You probably need to upgrade your cable service or change to a cable company that carries those channels.

Where you been sleepin? Must be the great great grandson of Rip Van Winkle. ;) Gunsmoke is on every evening on Encore Westerns Channel & on weekends on TV Land. You probably need to upgrade your cable service or change to a cable company that carries those channels.

I don't get Encore Western Channel,sure wish I did.I had it with Dish Network but not on Armstrong Cable.It would cost me a fortune to upgrade just to get Encore which is in the higher package deal that I can't afford..I checked my listings again on the TV Land channel and Gunsmoke still doesn't come up.I was hoping I missed something when you said it was on weekends.The only western still listed on TV land is Bonanza which is on everyday.Maybe our area has something to do with it.For a minute,I had hope.Thanks anyhow Pard.

For the most part, I think they've done a fine job... the sets, makeup, costumes, firearms, etc.

In my opinion they spent too much time on slavery issues during the first episode... most of it historically incorrect, but I guess it was "politically correctness" that was driving the scrip writers.

Way to many commercial breaks for a 60 minute series...

I was very impressed overall and I'm recording each weeks episodes.

'Nooga

Archived