SASS Wire Forum

Dang, That Was Fun!

Uno Mas  SASS #80082

:ph34r: Uno-- you and your wife Calamity Kris and ALL the other RR_ riders are who

helped make the event "so danged much fun". Especially the nice touch of bringing the 'cowboy raincoats' and the HOT chocolate and coffee when it turned cold

and rainy.

In spite of joining the 'Incontinent Club' (I P'd twice), it WAS great fun,

meeting old friends, making new ones, and visiting with George 'Gabby' Hays.

Lucky and I have always considered this to be a great match and fun event. It's tough putting on a main match, no less a Regional Championship. Considering the size of the RR Bar Regulators, you'd think the feat would be imposible. They make it look easy.

And - as Bad Bascome said - they brought "Cowboy Raincoats", HOT cocoa and coffee out to the shooters. No charge. How thoughtful and classy is that!?! There also was firewood and fire pits available to help take the chill off. No charge. You could hang out at Twitchy's Saloon on Thursday night......and the town was lit up to boot.

Lucky and I will be back. How can you NOT want to hang around with Pards and Pardettes like those at RR Bar?!? Dang, that was a LOT of fun indeed!

Thank you Bad Bascomb and BT. It was so good to see you, your wives and many more this year. We did have a great time and are looking forward to it again next year for Dale's birthday!!

I would also like to take a second and welcome the new RRBar members who liked the match so much they signed up on the spot!! I believe we had five couples sign up!! We would like to welcome you into the gang and look forward to shooting with you.

Calamity {which way am I going now} Kris

Add Sour Kraut and I to the list of folks that will DEFINITELY be back. What a great bunch of folks to shoot with and an absolutely outstanding match.

And to top it all off, some folks I've had "discussions" with here on the Wire didn't even punch me in the nose when we met face to face. :lol:

Add Sour Kraut and I to the list of folks that will DEFINITELY be back. What a great bunch of folks to shoot with and an absolutely outstanding match.

And to top it all off, some folks I've had "discussions" with here on the Wire didn't even punch me in the nose when we met face to face. :lol:

Yeah, but you've gotta admit I did make a point of hunting you down. :lol:

Yeah, but you've gotta admit I did make a point of hunting you down. :lol:

Yes Sir, you sure did. It was truely a pleasure to finally meet you in person and remember that we can have our differences of opinion here on the Wire but, when push comes to shove, we're still one big happy family.

P.S. Congrats on your win. That wasn't an easy match so you must have shot VERY well.

This was a GREAT match with a real variety of stages and challenges (even if I fell short on a few). :o I LOVED the variety!

The orgainization was top notch as noted above, especially for a (relatively) small outfit.

To all the rest of ya - these folks are CONNECTED!!! As we started our second stages on Friday (about 9:30 or so) we had:

1) A bright, High Desert Sun casting long morning shadows against the craggy mountain (RRBar's "Berm"),

2) A gorgeous rainbow just a mile or so Nwest of the range, AND, wait for it......

3) SNOW!! :excl: (granted, they was just flakes for 10 minutes or so - just for the "ambiance").

Now that there is a challenge for all you other folks putting on regionals! :P

Things got a bit more dicey from there with cold rain for a couple stages (my excuse), but the rest of the day was dry and Saturday was truly fabulous. BTW, it was 80 the previous weekend.

Thanks to the RRBar gang for a great event, and thanks to Bad Bascomb (Posse Marshall) and all the other posse #8 pards for a great time!

Harvey

PS: Finally met Allie and got me one of her famous HUGS - most nice, plus she plied me with a special micobrew on Saturday after the match - my kind of gal!! Thanks Allie!

I just know that it's easy to have a great shoot when you have so many great shooters.

We had a little adverse weather (the match was temporarily moved a month later in the year to celebrate Roy Rogers' 100th Birthday.) True to the Cowboy Way, the shooters improvised, adapted, and overcame... with style.

I believe next year's Chimney Rock will be back in the first weeks of October -- much warmer and drier. :)

See you then!

If anyone has pictures or stories to share about this year's Chimney Rock - I'd love to see and hear them. I've been volunteered to write the SASS Cowboy Chronicle Western Regional article again. Drop me a PM!

Thank you all!!!

RRBar.com

Well.........I promised Lucky I'd behave.

Seriously - great to meet you, Slim! We can all disagree and still get along, particularly in this game.

Congrats, to Single Barrel and Crazy Little Woman Your Western Regional Champions for 2011 and all the other category winners, shooters that stuck it out thru the adverse weather conditions.

Desert Dawg

Hi Folks,

I must agree. It was oodles of fun! The stages were very creative. I even hit all the targets! I wasn't clean as I got a P on a very easy stage. The minute I fired the shot I knew it... :blush:

My posse was full of GREAT FOLKS. Most were from the Ridgecrest club. Harvey, it was a pleasure to meet you!

Bad Bascomb was our Posse Marshal. I'm so glad to finally get to meet Goode and him!

Kris, I sure hope it is warmer on Dale's birthday. The weather was SOMETHING ELSE. EEEK!

Uno, thanks for taking all the photos!

I love the booming echoes through in the mountain. Awesome sound!

It's always a blast to see and hang out with BT, Lucky, BH, Ivory Jack, Delaney, Emmy, Coffee, Lacy, Rose, Tillamore, Marshal Lewis... and the rest of the gang from Norco. They are so hospitable.

I was lucky to camp between Bodie Kid and Cayuse Kate/Oat No. Great neighbors!

I finally met Crazy Little Woman and Single Barrel. I love to see a couple win together.

I could go on and on...

Regards,

Allie Mo

I took about 500 pictures.

They're in my 'puter, and I've started reviewing, winnowing, and Photochopping.

I now regret each and every time I pushed the shutter button. :ph34r::unsure::rolleyes::lol:

One pic that caught my eye: I captured Big Iron Buster just as he unleashed one of his BP Jovian Thunderbolt shotgun blasts. A mushroom of smoke, streaked with red fire! Too cool! That's going in the Chronicle! And of course, Ms. Mo's portrait.

Guest Little Jersey Jo

To all of you wonderful people who attended Last Stand at Chimney Rock: A big thank you for being there and dealing with our high desert weather. We at the RR bar appreciate all of you and we so enjoy being with you. A big congrats to our winners - it was a pleasure meeting you. And, hopefully we will see all of you next year for Dale's birthday. Yes, we will put in our order for better weather for you (it will be moved back to October). Take care, y'all!

:ph34r: A BIG Plus 1 to all of the above. The only drawback to an otherwise splendid

event was that amid all the fun and excitement, I forgot to ask Allie M. to

tell us about her adventure in RVing. :o

Our posse was blessed with Allie, Howdy Doody and Jailhouse Jim (fastest TO in

the West), among a host of folks exemplifying the Cowboy Way. JJ saved me from

an SDQ when he caught my rifle as it decided to levitate from where I had

'securely' :o placed it as I moved to the next position on Stage 2. One of

those situations where you just KNOW you did it correctly, and afterwards all the

witnesses tell you otherwise.....

And yes, I was the miscreant in JJ's "What's the Call" post who parked the

wayward rifle round in my mouth while I got things sorted out. I knew at the

time it would be legal, if a bit unconventional, and with the amount of mercury

already in my mouth I figured a little lead couldn't hurt....

Goode and I are definitely looking forward to celebrating Dale's birthday next

year. Who's next? Trigger? Bullet? Buttermilk? Nellie Belle?

:ph34r: A BIG Plus 1 to all of the above. The only drawback to an otherwise splendid

event was that amid all the fun and excitement, I forgot to ask Allie M. to

tell us about her adventure in RVing. :o

You might be better off not knowing. At least the fire truck didn't keep folks awake. :blush::o:wacko:

You might be better off not knowing. At least the fire truck didn't keep folks awake. :blush::o:wacko:

I'll bet the firefighters were cute though, right? That must have made it worth while. :blush::blush:

Pictures!!!

Slideshow

Gallery

Too many photos, but it was such a great match, there needs to be a lot of pics!

I've enabled comments, so if you know the shooter or the story behind the pic, leave a note!

This is the first down select, without color correction, cropping, or photoshopping. Stay tuned!

Dang -- that was fun!

Congrats to Single Barrel and Craaaaazy Little Woman.

What a couple! Thanks for helping make Chimney Rock very special.

Archived