SASS Wire Forum

Hell On Wheels tonight at 8 MST

Diamond Curly SASS#57086

I am looking forward to the new series Hell on Wheels that is starting up tonight on AMC. I have read that there are about five or six new western series to be released on various stations this coming year. The teaser states the series takes place just after the end of the Civil War.

Missed it. Hopefully they'll have it online.

It's on again next Saturday.

Great show! Historically correct firerams, clothing etc. Yea it was a bit confusing but they're setting up the story. I like it alot. Deadwood without the %^&$#@!!!!!!

First episode was very slow and a bit disorganized. Sure hope it gets better as the season grows. Had a hard time paying attention last night.

I felt the same way, I was considering going on to bed about half way through. I stuck it out though, cause I did like the outfits, the guns, etc. But it gonna have to step it up to keep me coming back.

The first episode of Deadwood didn't grab me either. A lot of pilots are like that. I'll give it some time to mature. Even if it turns out to be mediocre, it beats the tar out of reality shows and sitcoms. ;)

Great show! Historically correct firerams, clothing etc. Yea it was a bit confusing but they're setting up the story. I like it alot. Deadwood without the %^&$#@!!!!!!

I was out last night so I have it on the DVR to see tonight.

I was reading reviews from the TV "reviewer" types who said the show starts out in their view slower than Deadwood because they're not using known historical characters in a known western town. They have to set it up to a viewing public that are not familiar with what was "acceptable" business/personal interactions of the day against what we accept today as business/personal practices. They said to think of it more in terms of Mad Men rather than Deadwood. And Mad Men is superb!

I am really looking forward to it.

EC

I would have guessed it's tamed down compared to deadwood ,being that it's on AMC.I watched Tombstone on AMC and I thought it was the andy griffith show......They overdubbed every adjective with "double darn" and "fudge"........not very close to the reality of a mining camp or the type of language used in a real fight with people killing each other......But then again "Two and a half Men " is the type of show that gets the highest ratings....And thats on at 5:30pm....... Maybe They'll bring back Prohibition...While they're legalizing... Pot and gay marriage.....No clue???...Tuco.

Tone down? Y'all must have missed the part where after the preacher says he's building a church there a bit later it shows the place where all the whores are and a guy has a woman bent over and having his way with her. Alot of sexual hints dropped also. Surprised me for AMC.

Archived