SASS Wire Forum

A Big Thank You for a Great CAC

Guest Mace Bishop

Guest Mace Bishop

I want to thank T-Bone, Nuttin. Honey, Ringo and every one elso who made this a great shoot. It was my first CAC and it was a memorable one. I was able to meet lots of new folks. Posse 3 was a fun and hard working posse. The only thing that was negative was that there were too many darn chickens. Once agian THANK YOU one and all.

I want to thank T-Bone, Nuttin. Honey, Ringo and every one elso who made this a great shoot. It was my first CAC and it was a memorable one. I was able to meet lots of new folks. Posse 3 was a fun and hard working posse. The only thing that was negative was that there were too many darn chickens. Once agian THANK YOU one and all.

Amen to them pistol chickens, they turned sideways when you hit them even a little bit off center and when you came around for the second string they hadn't turned back. The rifle chickens just danced a lot.

My hats off to those folks for taking care of I guess 400 shooters. Spur Roberts was our posse mashall and he was great to have as our leader.

It was definitely our pleasure Mace. Thanks so much for the kind words. It's knowing folks like yourself are liking what we do that makes all the work that goes into it seem not that hard. Seeing all of the smiling faces and getting bragged on so much, we just ride that wave of positive energy. I sure enjoyed visiting with you this year, and I'm glad you finally got to talk to Texas Gunslinger. See you next year I hope. Vaya con Dios, Ringo

All I can say is CAC was just awesome. Saw some old friends and met a lot of new ones. Shot like, well, like something that comes out of the back end of dooley dog, but had a great time all in all. Everyone who worked so hard did an awesome job. There were so many things going on at any give time, it kept everyone busy, and happy.

I have already received requests for next year. so far I'm up to 15 gallons of apple pie and 10 gallons of gasoline. Sorry to those who did not get a taste, it went quick.

Congrats to Waterloo for the overall win. I met him and his whole family, what wonderful people. They are all deserving of the win.

I have an idea about what to do with the chickens.........Let's feed them to the "Man Eating Chicken" and see how he does with them. A little copperhead juice goes a long way......

Tonic Kid has the pipes. One of the best renditions of The National Anthem I have ever heard, and I mean that. you can sing brother....:FlagAm:

Hats off to everyone,

Rowdy B.

Ever go to a match and say to yourself.. "It was an ok match"

Lacey and I had a 11 hour drive back home and it was all about "Man that was a GREAT MATCH!!!"

It started off with the Dooley Gang..

Honey B. Graceful answered every dumb question I had..

She even E-mailed me turn by turn directions from our hotel to the ranch.. that's service huh? Thank you Maam :wub: ..

We pulled in and was met at the gate with a greeting crew recognizing all the VIP's and thanking us for coming..

Then they proceeded to tell us where to go :angry: .. I mean park :blush:

Shot the warm up stages on Wednesday.. we were Possed with a new shooter to us.. Pious Player..

Lacey and I were introduced.. Well heck.. she was Minnesota State Lady Champion..

She was beatin' me about 5-6 seconds on every warm up stage :angry: She finally had 3 misses on a stage.. Whew!!

I beat her.. :rolleyes: finally.. :blush: I went up and thanked her.. She smiled and said "Yer welcome"... Very nice little lady..

The stages were excellent.. Had to use yer ol' brain.. but not a whole lot.. I had a big ol' brain fade on Anvil Al's stage :blush: reload ya know..

Lot's of movement on every stage.. except fer the Buffalo, they were the only stand and deliver... The chicken's &%%#$&& were not so much fun :blush:

Posse 4 was Great.. Titus was our Posse Leader and, as always, ran a Great Posse.. We all had a ball...

Met a lot of new folks on our Posse that were easy to get on a first name bases with...

Had a couple new folks from out west.. they introduced themselves as Tex & Cat Ballou... musta been new shooters :blush: but nice folks..

Rowdy Buckshot.. Congrads on your "Spirit of the Game" for Posse 4.... a BIG little thing that forgets to get mentioned..

Rance <_<

Thinkin' Posse 4 was a good one

All I can say is CAC was just awesome. Saw some old friends and met a lot of new ones. Shot like, well, like something that comes out of the back end of dooley dog, but had a great time all in all. Everyone who worked so hard did an awesome job. There were so many things going on at any give time, it kept everyone busy, and happy.

I have already received requests for next year. so far I'm up to 15 gallons of apple pie and 10 gallons of gasoline. Sorry to those who did not get a taste, it went quick.

Congrats to Waterloo for the overall win. I met him and his whole family, what wonderful people. They are all deserving of the win.

I have an idea about what to do with the chickens.........Let's feed them to the "Man Eating Chicken" and see how he does with them. A little copperhead juice goes a long way......

Tonic Kid has the pipes. One of the best renditions of The National Anthem I have ever heard, and I mean that. you can sing brother....:FlagAm:

Hats off to everyone,

Rowdy B.

Please make that 15 and a half gallons :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing

15 gallons divided by 400 shooters plus a good few significant others makes of less than a swaller each.

I'm thinking a more realistic number might be 5 gallons per posse.

T-Bone and all the Bar 3 Hands

With out a doubt the greatest show in SASS.

Thanks again, already signed up for 2012, can't wait.

Marshal Big Daddy Jenks

PS: Parking Lot cook off was the best. It did just what it was meant to do. Everyone was together and having

a great time. No body lost every person there was a winner.

Great match put on by great people at a great location with a load of great big fun !!!!! :)

Posse #2 Ruled

Ivory , Slick and the gang :)

PS

I hope everyone enjoyed shooting the Wild Bunch Stages, Slick sure enjoyed writing them again this year. We are already looking forward to next year.

+1 for a great venue.

I can say as a vendor that I have never felt so welcome at a shoot as we were at CaC. You could see the hard work everywhere by all the top hands at Badlands Bar 3.

Sure enjoyed the visit and welcoming there Ringo. You made us feel at home about the whole outing.

Hope to break out the guns as well next time and do it all.

Thank you very much,

Johnny

I agree with you Johnny! It's great to work at a place that appreciates your presence and your contributions. And yeah the shootin' is fun too. Actually it ain't at all like work when they are constantly encouraging folks to stop and shop with you and coming around asking what else they can do for you!

...Well I had one of the funiest weeks ever. First all a big thanks to my travelin pards. We had constant laughter around the bunkhouse, and the road trip there and back.Once we were at the range it was constant entertainment. To all the Bar 3 staff,Every match director needs to attend this shoot to see the way things should be set up and run. Heck they even gave me a big ol b-day cake....thanx T-bone ;);) . To all on possee six, what a great group to shoot with. I look forward to seeing all of you again. As a possee they certainly took home their share of buckles. Was great meeting many new freinds. Even better was seeing many old freinds.To anyone who has never been, This is a must attend shoot. This was my second trip to the bar 3 and I am already looking forward to my third..My hats off to everyone involved with this shoot, there are far to many names to list em all but you know who you are. thank you,thank you,thank you

How good was this match? Good enough that even though I wasnt able to shoot the match this year, my buddy Ruckus Ralph and myself made th 600 mile round trip on Saturday just to spend the day there. We were able to visit with old friends and make a few new ones as well.

The Gang always puts on a great match...whether its 30 shooters or over 300, they always take the time to make each and every person feel welcome.

Well me being a newbee, who just started CAS shooting in July, I really did not know what to expect. All I can say is WOW WHAT AN EVENT! I mean where do I start and where do I finish? Thanks go to T-Bone and his crew and to the lovely ladies, pards, and Anvil Al our posse marshall for posse 13, what a nice, helpful, hardworking, fun posse to shoot with! Really I need to thank everyone in attendance also, what a great group of people, it was a an absolute blast. Rowdy you might just have to add another gallon of apple pie to your list!! I WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR!

All we can say from the Ranch is Thank You,, all of you..... CAC is the best and one of the largest because of You.....The stages ran smooth because of You, the parties and entertainment You helped... What I'm trying to say is without You there would be no CAC.... Look in your mirror and you'll see the people who made CAC great... Thanks T-Bone

Kudos to T-Bone and company for puttin on a great match at a terrific venue. Plenty of room, great stages, close targets, great mix of targets - even the chickens - lots of movement, parking wasn't a problem, food was great, weather cooperated; although mornings could have been a little warmer and less windy.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Got to see old friends and make new ones. Nice being able to put faces to names. Really enjoyed shooting with posse 14. Great bunch of folks - and Buck D. Law getting the Spirit of the Game award was well deserved. He's a great RO and coach.

Will definitely be back next year.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

What an awesome shoot! 400 people, and not a one of them without a grin half the size of Texas! I cannot wait to see all my new friends in Texas next year!!!!!!

Kudos to T-Bone and company for puttin on a great match at a terrific venue. Plenty of room, great stages, close targets, great mix of targets - even the chickens - lots of movement, parking wasn't a problem, food was great, weather cooperated; although mornings could have been a little warmer and less windy.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Got to see old friends and make new ones. Nice being able to put faces to names. Really enjoyed shooting with posse 14. Great bunch of folks - and Buck D. Law getting the Spirit of the Game award was well deserved. He's a great RO and coach.

Will definitely be back next year.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Thank you, Fingers. The pleasure was all mine.

Had a great time at CAC, special thanks to Bar 3 gang, and all you're friends & shooters who helped this come off so well.

Posse 2 was a great group of cowboys/cowgirls --AND-- we had W A T E R L O O on our posse; Big congrats to Waterloo on a great match for him.

Archived