SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Pioneer Arms Coach Gun

Guest Tommy Reb

Guest Tommy Reb

I would like to buy a Pioneer Arms coach shotgun with walnut stock. I am interested in the later versions with the closely spaced hammers. Please PM me with particulars. Thanks.

Reb,

I don't know if anyone has seen ANY Pioneer coach guns this year, let alone the newer version with the hammer change. I'd suggest you give Pioneer Gunworks in Oregon a call.

Coffinmaker

Guest Tommy Reb

Thanks for the replys. Pioneer Gunworks sells the shotguns, but does not have any in stock. Pioneer Arms is the importer and they have none as well. They had told me they expected to receive guns by late October and I got on their "wish list" to be notified. Have not heard anything from them, and they will not respond to emails or phone calls. So, I am in the market for a used one. Tex, I will try to get in touch with Sixgun Shorty. Thanks for the lead.

Thanks for the replys. Pioneer Gunworks sells the shotguns, but does not have any in stock.

Huh, learn something new every day. I suppose if Will actually advertised them somewhere on his website, he might sell more of them.

For the record, I do Not, and Have not carried the Pioneer SXS Coach Gun for at least 2 1/2 years if not more.

Several reasons why i dropped them, but the quality of the gun wasn't one of the reasons.

Sounds like the Pioneer coach gun is as hard to get as the TTN

All for now JD Trampas

Actually, it was harder to sell and justify the high cost of the inventory than it was to obtain inventory, at least in the beginning.

Before Pioneer opened a US office, they were dealing through a 'Master Distributor' in the Midwest.Much easier to obtain their guns before they opened the US office.Don't ask me why, just a fact.Also, being a foreign company , Pioneer did not understand marketing in the US in general and CAS in particular..And they were not receptive to suggestions from those that knew better how to market in the US..Constant price increases, little if any media support,extremely high dealer pricing with little room for anything resembling 'normal' Dealer mark up,and no dealer support killed any legitimate business reason to continue carrying their line.

Actually, it was harder to sell and justify the high cost of the inventory than it was to obtain inventory, at least in the beginning.

Before Pioneer opened a US office, they were dealing through a 'Master Distributor' in the Midwest.Much easier to obtain their guns before they opened the US office.Don't ask me why, just a fact.Also, being a foreign company , Pioneer did not understand marketing in the US in general and CAS in particular..And they were not receptive to suggestions from those that knew better how to market in the US..Constant price increases, little if any media support,extremely high dealer pricing with little room for anything resembling 'normal' Dealer mark up,and no dealer support killed any legitimate business reason to continue carrying their line.

Thanks for the info, Shorty. I didn't realize there were that many business problems with carrying those shotguns. Too bad. They looked like good guns.

Thanks for the info, Shorty. I didn't realize there were that many business problems with carrying those shotguns. Too bad. They looked like good guns.

They were very good, utilitarian guns..nothing fancy,, totally unembellished, no engraving, no case hardening,plain walnut..just a bullet proof, well fitted hammered coach gun 18", that needed no gunsmithing to be CAS competitive..Very heavy though, over 71/2 lbs.

Too bad the Polish manufacturer just couldn't understand American marketing and business practices, let alone the function and necessity of an FFL dealer.

Archived