SASS Wire Forum

cattle barron class

JD_Kid

Howdy Ya'll

seem to recall a while back someone said about a cattle barron class it was like an idea for a group shoot team thing

from what i can recall you could hire hands/guns to shoot for your team there times writen down and fastest time for that stage goes forward etc etc you could buy other hand's /gun's at any stage of the match or a hand/gun could leave your ranch..

any ideas on this ????

why i'm thinking about it is next year the new zealand champs maybe at our local club about that time of year there is a lot of fundraseing for things like kid's cancer etc etc

so thinking maybe as a side line to rase a few bucks fer the kids or some other needy group all the cattle barron payments go to the fundraseing and maybe get some kinda mounted horns on a board award fer best barron

JD

Since the actual shooters are "hired guns" are you going to have the cattle barons bid on the top shooters? The only team stages I've seen are those where one person shoots pistols, one shoots the rifle and another shoots the shotgun. Would each baron need to hire three hired guns? You mentioned only the fastest time is recorded. So the baron could hire multiple hired guns, but they don't shoot as a team. Can a hired gun shoot for more than one baron?

This could be fun but depending on how its structured you might have only a few hire guns going to the highest bidder. That might not generate the donations you are expecting.

This is a team set up that I cam up with and have been monkeying with for an up coming annual. If a club tries it before I get to it, let me know how it turned out. Willy Whiskers.

Cowboy Fantasy Posse (a la football)

• Each shooter is randomly assigned to a posse of four shooters. We will assign them to a fantasy posse. The shooters will not be able to choose their posse members or trade posses or posse members.

• The shooters will not know who is on their posse, only to be revealed at the awards ceremony. An option: The shooter’s fantasy posse number can be posted on their check in data though this is only informational as they cannot change it.

• The posse score is the average of the final scores of the members.

• The shooter may opt out and not participate and so would not be in the running for the prizes; Best Fantasy Cowboys. We could include and opt-out box to check on the application.

• If there is a posse that does not have four members because a shooter did not show up or there is an odd number of shooters, the average of the existing posse members will be included as the score for missing members.

I like the idea. Do a 3 stage mini-match. Auction off the services of shooters to take the place of the person that signed up. Each person shooting can take the place of multiple Cattle Barons, depending on how much they want to shoot. All money goes to charity. Have some sort of small award for the winning Cattle Baron and the Shooter.

I would avoid an expensive award (like a gun) unless you can get a local dealer to supply it as a donation.

yea needs a bit of thinking seeing it's for a good fundraser most people are keen to give a bit extra

so maybe cattle barron and 3 shooters for X dollars the 3 shooters can't be in the top X% the barrons can have as many shooters as they want after that at a price the shooter agrees on ..

the hands can leave the ranch forseing the barron to buy them back .. hired guns can only shoot for the barron that owns them at that time

the barron has to pay a wage/reward each stage a hired gun shoots for them

like i said needs a bit of thinking maybe Avg time for the barrons team would level things out a bit

Doc yea as a side match would be a good thing as you could have a laugh joke etc etc or as a stand alone shoot don't know if it would work over a whole match

JD

Howdy

thinking on this a bit say 30 shooters enter and 5 want to be the barrons that makes 6 teams of 5 ( yea i know the maths don't work out ) the 6th team are Rustlers to start with

x amount min wage per shooter but a barron can buy more/better shooters at the shooters price ..any one not in a team for the next go round becomes rustlers barrons team must have at least 5 each go round ..

team shoots the stage as a group gives ranch score card to scorer to write times down

even at 10 bucks a go round per shooter thats $900 for 3 stages and braging rights for the top barron or the rustlers

JD

Archived