SASS Wire Forum

"All units respond!"

Old Scatterbrain

http://start.toshiba.com/news/read.php?ps=1020&rip_id=%3CD9QPTNH03%40news.ap.org%3E&news_id=18838792&src=most_popular_viewed

CHENANGO, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say one of the southbound lanes of an upstate New York interstate has reopened after a tractor-trailer hauling doughnuts overturned, spilling the baked goods across the highway.

Broome County Sheriff's Sgt. Tom Sienko (see-EN'-koh) says the driver fell asleep, causing the truck to hit a guardrail and roll over around 2:30 a.m. Friday in the town of Chenango (sheh-NAYNE'-goh), just north of Binghamton.

Police say the driver suffered minor injuries.

Sienko says "a lot of doughnuts" spilled when boxes split open, scattering the breakfast treats across the lanes of Interstate 81 and into the median.

He says the southbound lanes were closed for less than an hour. The left lane remains closed as highway crews repair the guardrail and remove the doughnuts and rig from the scene.

I have got to be one of the few Cops (save the health nut type) that didn't like donuts....lol

One thing I won't do is stoop to eating roadkill donuts. :lol:

Some years ago, there was a railroad derailment out around our farm on the Santa Fe. One or more of the cars were hauling Budweiser. They called out the National Guard! No joke.

JHC :lol:

Our guys don't have to resort to that kind of stuff.

Written from the "Home of Krispy Kreme Donuts"

Mmmmmm Krispy Kreme. :)

I used to have to drive to the state capital (412 miles) several times a year for meetings, training, etc. I found a decent hotel not too far from Headquartes and stayed there most every time. Then, upon arriving in town one afternoon for another stupid meeting, the fading rays of a beautiful sunset revealed they had built a Krispy Kreme right next to the hotel!! :blink::wub:

Archived