SASS Wire Forum

Naw couldn't be

Red Logan #12252

Is the quality of all USA made guns goin to the dumps, take Marlin, picked up several new off the rack, would take a gorilla to work the lever, Remington, bolt gun fit n finish looks like 3rd world, it goes on and on, what say you...

Kimber and Cooper Browning ok...

Dont blast me to bad...

I'm trying to think of a product that's gone up in quality.

Well... it sure ain't Remington .22 ammunition... :huh:

We say buy American. But the quality of the American manufactured products continue to decline. They can't compete on cost and then the only reason to buy American would be if it was made better. Seems we are loosing that reason also.

We can grump all we want about foreign made products. But in most countries the quality is up and the workers know if they don't work hard and produce quality work they will be replaced. Not here though.

We have done this to ourselves.

Ike

Automobiles.

My dad bought a 1966 Chevy pickup brand new. 11 years later, with barely 105,000 miles on the ticker, he had already rebuilt the motor and the front end. The truck was functionally worn out, and needed a complete rebuild when he traded it for a '77 model.

I have driven 2000 and newer vehicles with more than twice that mileage on them, and I'd be hard pressed to know that they were not relatively new vehicles if it were not for the odometer reading.

I think my Rugers are as good as or even better than the one's I bought 30 years ago.

I'm pretty sure my Colt's are better than the one's I bought 30 years ago.

My Dodge Pick-up is better than any Dodge I owned or saw 30 years ago.

Any firearm I buy from Uberti or Pietta is better than it was 20 years ago.

My Computer is hands down better, as is my TV, my Stove and refrigerator. My clothes

are better made and better fitted, and my doctor is doing far better medicine than

thirty years ago, as is my Dentist.

YMMV - but all thing considered - I think things are better and the products are too.

There may b e crap out there - I avoid buying it as much as possible. I'm happier to be

alive and shopping now than I was 30 years ago.

Shadow Catcher

Automobiles.

My dad bought a 1966 Chevy pickup brand new. 11 years later, with barely 105,000 miles on the ticker, he had already rebuilt the motor and the front end. The truck was functionally worn out, and needed a complete rebuild when he traded it for a '77 model.

I have driven 2000 and newer vehicles with more than twice that mileage on them, and I'd be hard pressed to know that they were not relatively new vehicles if it were not for the odometer reading.

Yup, the Chinese, Korean, Mexican, Japanese, Brazilian and Indonesian parts that are shipped in and assembled by American workers make a really good car.

It runs good on Argentine gaS too.

I guess it is kinda hard for me to ignore all the complaints that I hear and see about poor quality control and manufacturing defects. Machines will do only what they are told to do by either computer or tradesman.

Machines will produce tighter tolerances that a man can even dream of, working by hand. BUT, and there is always a but, a skilled craftsman or tradesman will produce a thing of delight and beauty of form and function. The kicker is in the head of the craftsman. If he or she does not think quality, it will not be there

Management can go a long way to improving that mind set. I think our biggest problem is to get the giverment out of the picture and let the labor and management decide how to produce quality products.

And let the market place determine who has it right, and who doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, some of the laws on the books to protect the workers are there for very good reason,

but some are just self defeating.

My opinion is that NOBODY OWES YOU A DAMN THING. If you are too lazy and/or too stupid to find out how to make a living, that is your problem. The only thing that is owed to you, is to give you the OPPORTUNITY to acquire the skills and knowledge to earn that living. For 184 years the giverment did that and we made life a whole lot better for the world.

JMO YMMV

Archived