SASS Wire Forum

Shooting Attire

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

As Festus Hagen would say: "The onlyest trouble I got with all this Matthew, is that some fellers is tryin' ta tell other fellers what is right, but the fellers doin' the tellin' is a tryin' to make the fellers they is tellin' do somethin more than them fellers wants ts do. And iffin' a feller is abidin' by the rules even if he jest barely gets by, then the other fellers caint really say nothin', cause the first fellers is already a doin' what them fellers asked they ownselves."

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Men have worn work shirts, jeans, and work boots since jeans were invented, (CAN YOU SAY LEVI STRAUS???) and some have worn cowboy hats or the like for just as long, while some have worn Derbies, Hamburghs, Tam-O'-Shanters, Berets, Sombreros, a bandana, or nothing at all on their heads. "Cowboy boots", sandals, brogans, moccasins, infantry shoes, lace up town shoes, ie. wing tips and the like, and barefoot are all appropriate.

To answer a question posed earlier, If I showed up at a S.A.S.S. match and everyone else was dressed in the work shirt, jeans, flop hat, and work boots I'd probably think that for once I was the best dressed cowboy on the range, and then go about havin' the same fun I always try to have when I get to the range. ( :lol: I might take the opportunity to try to sell a hat or two! :lol::unsure: )

Yes!! I'd consider myself part of Jefro's collective "we" or "us" in that I don't think it is appropriate or within the current rules to criticize or penalize someone for the way they dress so long as it is within the rules and when necessary meets the dress criteria for the clothing specific categories.

I'll still wear a bandana and brogans once in a while, along with jeans and a flannel shirt. Nothing you can do within the rules is gonna' detract from my enjoyment of the match or the day.

Oh! By the way!! Yeah I wear the same clothes to work or to ride my motorcycle or to church. SO WHAT!!!

I often keep a sprig of missletoe attached to my shirt tail too!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:B)

Archived