SASS Wire Forum

Outlaw Trail report

Tuco Taveras SASS#79313

Howdy Pards:I 've been huntin' all this last month...shot the second largest bear taken this year in las animas and huerfano county....400lb.s and 15years old.....,a 14' antelope and no elk yet....all 3 boys shot nice 120 to 140 pt mule deer.....was wonderin how that oct .outlaw trail shoot went....sorry to hear about Coyote....He will be hard to replace...it won't feel right without him..any ways just wonderin how it went...maybe they'll change the date next year.........Tuco.(see ya at the winter range)....

I was going to post a link to an old post on this subject but unfortunately it already disappeared. The weather was perfect and the stages the best I had ever shot at the Ranch. (Coyote apparently had a major hand in designing the match before his untimely passing.) The match was poorly attended. Many shooters from Arizona and Nevada who often shoot at the match were at the Nevada State Championship. Some local shooters were entertaining out-of-town guests who were visiting for the Balloon Fiesta and didn't attend the match. I'm quite pleased I shot the match but suspect the Wild Bunch will reconsider the schedule for next year.

I was going to post a link to an old post on this subject but unfortunately it already disappeared. The weather was perfect and the stages the best I had ever shot at the Ranch. (Coyote apparently had a major hand in designing the match before his untimely passing.) The match was poorly attended. Many shooters from Arizona and Nevada who often shoot at the match were at the Nevada State Championship. Some local shooters were entertaining out-of-town guests who were visiting for the Balloon Fiesta and didn't attend the match. I'm quite pleased I shot the match but suspect the Wild Bunch will reconsider the schedule for next year.

Much obliged for the info.......I read about Canby in some old new mexico history while I was in Deer camp last week....Was thinkin of all my shootin' pals and braggin on how much fun we have at the shoots......Good to here you shot good....I missed my first shot at the bear....he came out of some corn field that my friend was walkin thru.....I was told he was big and I was on his escape route..only had a 15ft wide path to shoot thru as a shootin lane.....My pards from the end of trail are comin' over tonite for some bear meat roast....one on the guys just bought a set of sass vaqueros last week in iowa for $1050.00..I'm sure he'll be wantin' to go to winter range now...Good hearin' from ya ....Tuco.

Archived