SASS Wire Forum

Seasonal rental in Arizona

Winter is the perfect time to shoot in Arizona! I have a small, one bedroom cottage for rent in Yarnell, AZ which is about an hour drive from Ben Avery Shooting Facility and Cowtown. The house is perfect for an individual or couple - fully furnished, utilities negotiable per rental period. Currently no tv, phone or internet hookup but it is available on your own. Beautiful mountain views, easy access. There is a pad on the property for parking your RV (or a visitor's) with water and electric (no dump) available. Pet ok, has fenced dog run. Minimum rental 30 days. Email me at Geolady10@aol.com for additional details and photos, then come and stay for the winter!

Weaver Gal

Sass #71821

Lumpy, the rent is $550 a month plus security/cleaning deposit. Rental is 30 day minimum due to zoning requirements in Yavapai County over which I have no control.

The good news: As noted earlier, Phoenix ranges are about an hour away and it's a nice drive. The Prescott range is also fairly close (not sure of its exact location). So plenty of opportunities to shoot during a month or two. Yarnell is 20 miles from Wickenburg and 35+ from Prescott, and also a good jumping off point for day trips to Sedona, Jerome and Flagstaff. As a very small town (600), the services are somewhat limited to a small grocery and a hardware store (and a bunch of antique stores), but Prescott has just about everything (mall, Wal-Mart, restaurants, banks, etc.) and Wickenburg also. The house is rustic but cozy, and the view is fantastic! It is at 5000' in the Weaver Mountains.

Hope this is helpful.

Hmm, maybe in 2013 if you still have the place.

I'd love to come down for a month and help set up WR as well as play tourist,

Would love to have ya! There's a lot to see and do (and plenty of shooting as well).

Winter is the perfect time to shoot in Arizona! I have a small, one bedroom cottage for rent in Yarnell, AZ which is about an hour drive from Ben Avery Shooting Facility and Cowtown. The house is perfect for an individual or couple - fully furnished, most utilities (electric, gas, water) paid. Currently no tv, phone or internet hookup but it is available on your own. Beautiful mountain views, easy access. There is a pad on the property for parking your RV (or a visitor's) with water and electric (no dump) available. Pet ok, has fenced dog run. Minimum rental 30 days. Email me at Geolady10@aol.com for additional details and photos, then come and stay for the winter!

Weaver Gal

Sass #71821

Wheelchair friendly??

Texas Lizard

Wheelchair friendly??

Texas Lizard

Probably not. Bathroom is VERY small, kitchen narrow, not sure how much space is needed for a wheelchair or if doorways are wide enough. Sorry.

When I moved into Phoenix in 63 Yarnell was a very long ways away particularly when you were traveling in a car with 4 40 AC. Roads were narrow and bad.

Given all the 4 lane plus now it sure is a lot closer to town, and with the windows rolled up and the ac blasting it is pleasant drive now even in the summer.

Ref wheel chair space. Need about 36 inch clearance for a lateral transfer to the John and 36 inch doors help.

Some streams and lakes in the Prescott area.

When I moved into Phoenix in 63 Yarnell was a very long ways away particularly when you were traveling in a car with 4 40 AC. Roads were narrow and bad.

Given all the 4 lane plus now it sure is a lot closer to town, and with the windows rolled up and the ac blasting it is pleasant drive now even in the summer.

Ref wheel chair space. Need about 36 inch clearance for a lateral transfer to the John and 36 inch doors help.

Some streams and lakes in the Prescott area.

Thanks for the additional info. I don't fish, but nice to know someone can nearby!

Archived