SASS Wire Forum

I propose a rule change

Matthew Duncan

Normally I'm ain't for most of the proposed rule changes, additions or modifications that I read on this here forum.

Now here I am proposing one.

I see 3 major problems that need addressing.

1. Spotters unable to hear the "DING" when the target(s) are hit.

2. Lead splatter from the metal targets.

3. Lead ground contamination at the gun ranges.

I've been muling it over how to address these problems with only 4 or 5 pages of rule changes.

Tonight I was in the library sitting on the throne reading a flyer from Midwayusa when it hit me!

Right in that Midway flyer was the answer! Simple!

Instead of 4 or 5 pages of new rules, one simple rule modification will address all three of the problems!

Require rubber bullets!

Instead of "DING" Spotters will have a new sound, a "bong".

No more lead splatter!

No more ground contamination from lead!

And SASS would be more politically correct by going green. No more poisoning the atmosphere with melting fumes from hard to find wheel weights. Just sharpen one end of a pipe that has the inside diameter of .452. Drive the pipe thru your antigun yankee neighbor car tire sidewall and you got yourself a 45 caliber rubber bullet!

As soon as I can get my "caller ID" blocked on my phone so my Territorial Governor will answer my call I telling him about my idea.

Normally I'm ain't for most of the proposed rule changes, additions or modifications that I read on this here forum.

Now here I am proposing one.

I see 3 major problems that need addressing.

1. Spotters unable to hear the "DING" when the target(s) are hit.

2. Lead splatter from the metal targets.

3. Lead ground contamination at the gun ranges.

I've been muling it over how to address these problems with only 4 or 5 pages of rule changes.

Tonight I was in the library sitting on the throne reading a flyer from Midwayusa when it hit me!

Right in that Midway flyer was the answer! Simple!

Instead of 4 or 5 pages of new rules, one simple rule modification will address all three of the problems!

Require rubber bullets!

Instead of "DING" Spotters will have a new sound, a "bong".

No more lead splatter!

No more ground contamination from lead!

And SASS would be more politically correct by going green. No more poisoning the atmosphere with melting fumes from hard to find wheel weights. Just sharpen one end of a pipe that has the inside diameter of .452. Drive the pipe thru your antigun yankee neighbor car tire sidewall and you got yourself a 45 caliber rubber bullet!

As soon as I can get my "caller ID" blocked on my phone so my Territorial Governor will answer my call I telling him about my idea.

Sorry Matt, If I do do that, the low down yankee sidewinder is going to carpetbag me and ask for a ride. Since it is against my natural principal to give a carpetbagger a ride inside my vehicle, I will allow the CB to ride under my truck for a maximum of 5 miles. After that, CB is nothing more than parasitic drag.

BTW.....the rubber bullet idea sucks.

CS

Well it ain't a gonna work!!

First off only one out of three spotters needs to see and hear.

Cause the other two ain't paying attention and just look at the one spotter, to see how many fingers he's holden up!!

Don't mess with lead splatter, are you trying to put safety glass manufactures and eye doctors out of business???

And last, rubber tires are just as pollutant as lead...that's why you ain't suppose ta throw them in the river.

Ya need ta thunk some more!!!!!!!

BH :wacko:

BH,

1-why pay attention, Ihaven't bee able to see or hear worth a hoot in years,

2-not to worry bout them, we baby boomers is already making them very rich,

3-and I never throwed tires in the river, that's a waste of perfectly good yard planters.

MD, I prefer wax over rubber, plus with some leather over-powder wads we could even use bp, and the wax is much more highly greener and bio-degraguadebateable.

Hey Matt,

While you was on "the throne" I tink you musta shat your brains out! :wacko:

Where has all the rubber that has worn off all the tires that have worn out over the last 100 years GONE?

Rubber bullets are a joke I get it. But sintered bullets are coming along and are the future of SASS and indeed all close range target games.

Archived