SASS Wire Forum

FS: Pair of Colt SAA's. SOLD

SOLDI am selling these for the estate of my late pard Greeenriver. When he got sick he ordered these Colts as they were his dream guns. Sixgun Shorty helped him in obtaining these guns. .45 Colt 4 3/4" barrels. All blue black powder frames. They have custom ivory grips made by Paul Persinger of El Paso Texas. I have the bill of sale for the grips and he paid $445 per gun for them and Paul hand fitted them. Have a friend that has been a Colt collector for sometime and he claims they are the nicest looking and fitted Ivoires he has ever seen, they feel pretty sweet in hand. Greeenriver installed a Wolff spring kit and I had a smith who is very knowledgable on Colt's check the timing and he said they are good to go. These are shooters and I think Greeenriver got to shoot them in a few matches. There is some holster wear on the muzzles and top of the front sights. The sights have not been messed with at all. Overall these Colts are in excelllent condition are very striking to look at. One of the cylinder pin screws looks to be slightly buggered from a ill fitting screwdriver. thats about all I can find on them. Will come in original blue boxes with white outer box,all the paperwork and original black grips and springs. We are asking $3000 plus shipping and isurance. They will be sent to a FFL and be shipped insured overnight via UPS. I will not comprimise on the shipping of these. The payment will be made directly to Greeenrivers widow. You can see pics here GREEENRIVERS COLTS. . thanks for looking. SOLD

Deuce is right. Real nice guns. The ivory grips are fit like they are supposed to. No ugly over hang and they are flush with the frame as well. Plus they have the correct contour like 1st gen colts do. Best fited ivories I've ever seen. Paul did a better job fiting these grips than any gun I've seen come from any other shop. Great price too.

BTT

I remember when Greeenriver showed me those guns. Sweet!! He was so proud of them and rightly so. Sure do miss him.

I hope they find a good home. I sure can't swing it with puttin the daughter thru college right now.

CPK

btt for a good pard

Archived