SASS Wire Forum

Sheriff in SC urges common sense

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.wyff4.com/r/29638219/detail.html

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. -- The Spartanburg County Sheriff is known for speaking his mind, and at a news conference on Monday, he didn't hold back his anger and frustration after a woman was attacked in a park over the weekend.

Investigators said 46-year-old Walter Lance grabbed a woman who was walking her dog in Milliken Park on Sunday afternoon. They said Lance choked the woman, made her take off her clothing and tried to rape her.

Lance is in custody and was denied bond on Monday.

Sheriff Chuck Wright opened his news conference by saying, "Our form of justice is not making it."

He said, "Carry a concealed weapon. That'll fix it."

Wright said Lance had been charged numerous times with crimes against women, and other crimes such as resisting arrest and escape. Wright said Lance had been on probation for a federal gun charge.

He referred to Lance repeatedly as an "animal," and expressed his disgust about Lance's long record and the attack.

Wright said Lance has had more than 20 charges dating back to 1983.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/29638219/detail.html#ixzz1cPUBDn8c

There is a video on the page, also a poll.

What, the thug being shot by the intended victim isn't "serious punishment?"

Not when the victim shoots the perp - thats' just par for the course. I am refering to sentencing that is given out by the justice system.

I think serious punishment for a rapist (aside from death) should be rapped by gorilla!!...and that's just a start!!!!

Geez, SJ - you're too easy....tsk tsk

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Not when the victim shoots the perp - thats' just par for the course. I am refering to sentencing that is given out by the justice system.

I think serious punishment for a rapist (aside from death) should be rapped by gorilla!!

Geez, SJ - you're too easy....tsk tsk

Well, heck, I figure that after two to CoM and one to the CNS, what point in putting a corpse on trial? ;)

Well, heck, I figure that after two to CoM and one to the CNS, what point in putting a corpse on trial? ;)

Sorry, but crimes against children and women are in the NO tolerance zone for me.

and yeah, have the corpse ripped to shreds by animals!! :angry:

Sorry, but crimes against children and women are in the NO tolerance zone for me.

and yeah, have the corpse ripped to shreds by animals!! :angry:

I hear you on that. Add in the elderly or infirm.

Can't agree with having the corpse ripped to shreds, unless it is just taken out and dumped somewhere out in the boonies. Lord knows what diseases could be spread.

I hear you on that. Add in the elderly or infirm.

Can't agree with having the corpse ripped to shreds, unless it is just taken out and dumped somewhere out in the boonies. Lord knows what diseases could be spread.

You get my point ;)

I agree with the sheriff BUT...only if the ladies takes classes and PRACTICES! As most of you know, the average homeowner who buys a gun goes to the ranfge or farm, shoots a few times, and he/she is "ready". Many, many guns spend years in a drawer and were shot only a few times. Probably wouldn't do ya much good if ya needed it....

Archived