SASS Wire Forum

Started building my cart last night (pictures)

Rancho Roy

I started building mine last night.

I decided to build two "Wagon Gun Boxes" that will transport my rifles to the meet and then quickly attach to the cart. If it rains or is very dusty I can simply close the boxes up to protect the guns.

P1030060-vi.jpg

P1030062-vi.jpg

P1030063-vi.jpg

My "Junk Box" will be in the rear of the gun cart and have a series of drawers making it easier to get at cartridge boxes, cleaning supplies, etc.

But I haven't decided on a clear design of the actual cart. I want it to fold up to be compact for storage at home. I have a full size pick-up truck so transportation isn't an issue, but home storage will be.

Here is a picture of the "box" before the pegs are leveled and sanded and then the box is cut in two on the table saw. Hinges and latches are installed and the interior needs to be designed and finished. Each box will hold two rifles / shotguns.

P1030064-vi.jpg

Leather handles will be installed after the final finish.

The stain I used is Minwax "Gunstock".....I'm not sure I've ever seen such a red gunstock before.........

The img function is disabled due to bandwidth on this forum. Click on the "insert link" icon or just paste the url direct like Griz did.

I may be wrong but bandwidth isn't compromised if pictures are hosted on another photo hosting site and simply inserted into the message body as a link. This is the way this forum server is set up as is most all forum servers in use today.

Archived