SASS Wire Forum

Name for a sweep?

Lethal Larry, SASS #58429

We The Texas Ten Horns in North Central Texas, shot a stage we have shot before from time to time but none of us could recall what the sweep is called. It is: 1,1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4. I checked A Glossary of Sweeps

Compiled by

Crooked River Bob

SASS#26199

but did not see this sweep listed, unless I overlooked it. Thanks.

Happy Halloween!

Badger Sweep

It may well be known by either of these names at some clubs but that site I referred to earlier shows a different pattern for both Badger and Progressive sweeps. I know many stages have more than one name.

I've known it as the progressive sweep but since I hate naming most sweeps prefer to have them always spelled out.

I've seen too much confusion between the Lawrence Welk, the Progressive and the IRS sweeps. It has been a "good" source for Procedure penalties.

> snip >

none of us could recall what the sweep is called. It is: 1,1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4. I checked A Glossary of Sweeps

Compiled by Crooked River Bob but did not see this sweep listed

> snip >

Yep ... a reverse Badger and have seen it used and called a Badger but look again at Crooked River Bob's "Glossary of Sweeps" as he has it listed as the San Juan Sweep. 1-1-2-1-2-3-1-2-3-4.

http://www.fwcc.net/A%20Glossary%20of%20Sweeps.pdf

We shoot it as the Maverick Sweep.

Name it what you will.

It should be named "Give 'em a P Sweep." I've seen more people get a P on this sweep I think than any other. I've heard it called both a Progressive Sweep and a Badger Sweep. After a very carefully conducted scientific study, it was found that calling it a Badger Sweep caused more P's. If you call it a Reverse Badger Sweep and shoot it correctly, it should be a 10 second bonus.

:ph34r:

Buck D. Law (gunfighter whose never P'd on it, but who puts it in his head by thinking of it in three separate number groups like this): 1,1,2.........1,2,3........1,2,3,4 as opposed to thinking of it in four groups: 1..........1,2.......1,2,3........1,2,3,4.

Guest Texas Bounty Hunter

Lets call it the' scratch your head sweep"Larry

Thats what they all did when we tried to ex plane it!!!! ;)

Around these parts it's called the Badger Sweep...

We always start with #1 being on the left..

Around these parts a reverse Badger Sweep would start on the right I reckon... :wacko:

With 2 pistols... pretty quick and simple..

First pistol... 1-1-2-1-2 second pistol 3-1-2-3-4 easy huh?

There's only 10 pistol shots and if ya want.. ya can make it a rifle Badger sweep with 10 rounds also..

Rance <_<

I call it "This is Not a Memory Contest Sweep" :angry: :angry:

I have messed it up many times!!

a "Progressive Sweep" is 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4.

We also call this sweep the Lawrence Welk Sweep.. a one, a two, a three, a four

In these parts.. I reckon :blink:

Rance <_<

What makes me laugh is when the stage instructions say Shoot each target at least once, there's alot of ways people do that! We sometimes have a stage with 3 Really Big Buffalo's and you have 8 rifle, 10 pistol and 3 shotgun's to put 7 shots on each. Figure that out!!!

What makes me laugh is when the stage instructions say Shoot each target at least once, there's alot of ways people do that! We sometimes have a stage with 3 Really Big Buffalo's and you have 8 rifle, 10 pistol and 3 shotgun's to put 7 shots on each. Figure that out!!!

7 shots from some gun on each?? :wacko: Maybe overthinkin' it :mellow:

No double tap.. now that's confusion :wacko::wacko:

Jack, that is easy...dump 5 rounds from each pistol on the 1st two targets. Then double tap each of the same targets with the 1st four rounds from the rifle. That is seven rounds on the 1st two targets, done with them. Put the remaning 4 rounds from the rifle on the last target and then the 3 rounds from the shotgun. That is 7 rounds on the last target.

We The Texas Ten Horns in North Central Texas, shot a stage we have shot before from time to time but none of us could recall what the sweep is called. It is: 1,1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4. I checked A Glossary of Sweeps

Compiled by

Crooked River Bob

SASS#26199

Happy Halloween!

Around here it's called a Cowford sweep.....first place I ever encountered it was at the Cowford Regulators......surprised Bob doesn't have it in there....

Stan

I know it as a Progressive, but I like the "Give em a P" idea since since that's what I got at Bordertown a few days ago on this very sweep. Lotsa names for the same sweeps.

Take care,

Barry Sloe

I've known it as the progressive sweep but since I hate naming most sweeps prefer to have them always spelled out.

I've seen too much confusion between the Lawrence Welk, the Progressive and the IRS sweeps. It has been a "good" source for Procedure penalties.

Well said.

We shoot a progressive sweep 1 on 1- 2 on 2- 3 on 3- 4 on 4, been doing that fer years.

I don't know what this sweep is called but how about the Texas sweep?

Jack, that is easy...dump 5 rounds from each pistol on the 1st two targets. Then double tap each of the same targets with the 1st four rounds from the rifle. That is seven rounds on the 1st two targets, done with them. Put the remaning 4 rounds from the rifle on the last target and then the 3 rounds from the shotgun. That is 7 rounds on the last target.

Ding Ding Ding......Gunslinger has it B):D

But I've seen many ways others have done it :blink:

Around here it's called a Cowford sweep.....first place I ever encountered it was at the Cowford Regulators......surprised Bob doesn't have it in there....

Stan

I agree. When I started writing stages for Cowford it was presented to me as the Cowford Sweep. Willy Whiskers

It is a nice sweep and is not a P-trap as it is so easy concept.

We used the same sequence at CVR last weekend. I called it a Badger Sweep for lack of a better term.

The important thing is to write and demonstrate the shot sequence, R1, R1-R2, R1-R2-R3 and so. This is usually met by, "Oh, I get it now...".

We had a shooter from Canada who liked it so much that he's gonna take it home and call it The Chorro Valley Sweep.

Fillmore

Yep ... a reverse Badger and have seen it used and called a Badger but look again at Crooked River Bob's "Glossary of Sweeps" as he has it listed as the San Juan Sweep. 1-1-2-1-2-3-1-2-3-4.

http://www.fwcc.net/A%20Glossary%20of%20Sweeps.pdf

Yikes! Glad it weren't a snake...it'd a bite me! You are right. There it is plain as day. Thanks for pointing it out!

The only places I've seen this used is at Ten Horns and at Midwest classic.

Jack the first time I remember seeing it was at the Buck Creek Bandolaros a few years ago.

That's the sweep that cost me the Gourd! PRGF - you get a P every time you start with 3 on the first target, then loose track and get a miss when you re-draw and fire that last bullet into the turf. What it gets you is 2nd place by 7 sec! ;) Thank God Spittoon never brings it up - nope ... never :P

CR

Compiled by

Crooked River Bob

SASS#26199

Happy Halloween!

In my neck of the woods it's called a Lawrence Welk Sweep, I actually like shooting it now, but not the first time I saw it.

Randy

Archived