SASS Wire Forum

Bordertown is in the books

Go West

We wait all year for this match to come around and then poof, it's gone. Another fun one to be had: fun stages, folks, vendors and just plain good times. Congratulations to the winners, ya did good. The weather was perfect and we saw so many friends, both old and new. Travel safe pards and we'll see you next time. :wub:

Hey Go West fantastic shoot, posse #10, lots of good company. See you on the range and hope you and Aim Me make it to Railhead 2012.

Jackrabbit

That Posse 10 was was too loud and rowdy; I couldn't hear my gunfire over all the "Whoo-YEAHS!"

Whoooo Yeahhh Rattlesnake is still realing from this incredible shoot!!! Posse 10 was incredible!!! FJT, Johnny and Echo Meadows kept it running like clock work. Snake made sure we didn't have to wait too long for him to shoot a stage too! This shoot was incredible!!!! The only bad part is its over! We will be back next year for sure!!! Thanks to all that put on this great match.

Colt

Posse 4 rocked, a lot of great shooters, ran like clockwork, Chickamauga Charlie ran a great posse, fast and smooth. Thanks to everyone for putting on a great match. The most GF friendly match I have been to. Great job and Lady T and I plan to be back next year.

I forgot to say that Posse 10 was the best! I think we had 9 clean shooters and everyone pitched in to make it run like a swiss watch. I'd be honored to shoot with any of them again.

I forgot to say that Posse 10 was the best! I think we had 9 clean shooters and everyone pitched in to make it run like a swiss watch. I'd be honored to shoot with any of them again.

It was a pleasure to shoot with you GW!

Posse 1 had a great time at the match. I believe we had the second fastest man and second fastest woman of the match on our posse. We had some other darn fast shooters also. We had a blast. Congratulations to Hells Comin and Echo Meadows the fastest man and woman as well as Az state champions for another year. Got to meet a whole lot of shooters this year we had not shot with before and really enjoyed it. Managed to hit all the targets but on the first stage of the match the targets were so big and close my guns were faster than my brain for a P train wreck, which in this fast match is certainly not good and my score suffered. Can't wait for next year!

Edit: Forgot to thank the Bordertown board, Pecos Clyde for the great stages and all the others that worked so hard on this great match. It really showed.

What an AWESOME match! Hope they win Match of the Year!!!

And POSSE 10 ROCKED!

PS...it was sure fun watching Rattlesnake Wranlger shootin'! WoW!!!!

What an AWESOME match! Hope they win Match of the Year!!!

And POSSE 10 ROCKED!

PS...it was sure fun watching Rattlesnake Wranlger shootin'! WoW!!!!

Nellie

You were lots of fun to shoot with too!! I will have some of the video up as soon as I get some wifi

Well there pilgrims, That young Rattler named Rattlesnake Wrangler had a grrreat teacher being Colt Faro. Yeeeeh, Haaaa: Great folks to shoot with. Hope again to see you all at Railhead 2012. Posse 10 was also the very best!

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

Posse 4 rocked, a lot of great shooters, ran like clockwork, Chickamauga Charlie ran a great posse, fast and smooth. Thanks to everyone for putting on a great match. The most GF friendly match I have been to. Great job and Lady T and I plan to be back next year.

thanks TNT, youre much too kind. its just that we had the BEST posse on the range that it flowed so well, and was so much fun. i hope to have a chance to shoot with you again and you have as much fun this coming weekend on your route back.

CC

Overall I'd give this match a D......... as in D-best group of folks to spend time with, D-best match and D-most fun I could have in a weekend! It was great meeting new pards and seeing old pards and best of all for me was gettin to shoot with my jollly old Uncle Malpais Mike. Thanks to all that came and that made the match happen, it was truly a slice of heaven.

Brim

Overall I'd give this match a D......... as in D-best group of folks to spend time with, D-best match and D-most fun I could have in a weekend! It was great meeting new pards and seeing old pards and best of all for me was gettin to shoot with my jollly old Uncle Malpais Mike. Thanks to all that came and that made the match happen, it was truly a slice of heaven.

Brim

Brim it was great to finally get to meet you! There was so much fun at this match and it was really cool making and meeting new friends!

Colt

There is a reason why this match is so popular. :)

The hard work and planning by the Bordertown folks really showed once again.

As a special note, they even placed bales of straw to block splatter from the loading and unloading tables and the stages in general, they had numerous props and other stage design help to assist the shooter. It was truly fine :D

Thanks to all the Bordertown folks for their time and hard work --- just so I could come and play :D I would like to mention their names but I'm sure I would miss someone so I'll just leave it as a generalized thank you to all.

:D

My first trip to 'Bordertown', needless to say I will be back next year.

Got to meet a lot of new Cowboys and Cowgirls on Posse 4.

I had 'WAY' too much fun.

All you Cowboys and Cowgirls take care til we meet again at the next Bordertown................:-)

It was great to see old friends, make new friends, and reflect on the good Pards that have rode on ahead. It was a very emotional weekend for me. My heartfelt thanks to Posse 3 for the help and courtesy shown to my UK Pards, two who were young-ins and had never shot a match of this level. The patience and understanding shown by our Cowboy family was no less than I imagined it would be. You have all made quite an impression on a 17 and 12 year old shooters and we can expect them to stay with the sport for years to come. It was great to shoot with some of The Dusty Bunch again even though the Cow-Butt and Mutton-Butt awards were given out like chewing gum. Thanks to Squibber and Teaspoon for the use of a couple guns when one failed and another was a bit inappropriate for a Buckaroo.

Thanks to Bordertown for putting on a match that once again was in the spirit and style of Ole Deadeye's vision. I'm sure he was smiling.

I hope to see and shoot with you all more often in the future.

Safe trails,

CKid

Archived