SASS Wire Forum

Rossi Overland

ol  poke  SASS 57567

Was out with some friends shootin' clay birds yesterday and thought I'd liven things up by tryin' my hand with my Rossi Overland and blackpowder shells. I hollarred "PULL" and raised her to my shoulder and while watching the bird was lookin for that bead and ?@#$#!!! My coachgun somehow lost the bead for the front sight! The post/base is still there, but the bead is gone. :o

Is this easily replaced? And if so, how? Is the post threaded and screwed in, or maybe soldered? Any idea where to obtain a replacement?

BTW, still impressed my friends with the BOOM! and smoke. :D

ol' poke

easy to replace.

Yes.

I just used brass rod. Turned in in the drill press with a fine file until it fit tightly in the sight hole. Shaped it by just rounding of the top. I did not put a waist on the sight.

Tapped it in and it's been there about 15 years now.

CH

Ya said tha "while watching the bird was looking for that bead". Ya just look at the bird and don't need no bead, can't see bird and bead at the same time. Just point and shoot.

easy to replace.

Yes.

I just used brass rod. Turned in in the drill press with a fine file until it fit tightly in the sight hole. Shaped it by just rounding of the top. I did not put a waist on the sight.

Tapped it in and it's been there about 15 years now.

CH

Thanks C.H.! Do you know, Is it threaded is? Or soldered? How can I tell? I don't want to bugger it up worst than it already is....

ol' poke

Well, I managed to unscrew what was left of the bead sight. It's threaded, with a .115" diameter threaded post - unknown tpi. Anyone know of where a replacement can be found?

ol' poke

You might try M&M Gunsmithing.

Archived