SASS Wire Forum

Guns of Autumn 2011

To Badlands Bob and the rest of the officers and workers of the Cherokee Cowboys: Y'all outdid yourselves this year. Good stages, good food, and an extremely smooth run match. If any of you have not been, you need to consider it. God willing, we will see y'all next year.

BTW, LSC's new bride looked like she was scared out of her wits. Are you sure the shotguns weren't for HER? :P:D:lol:

To Badlands Bob and the rest of the officers and workers of the Cherokee Cowboys: Y'all outdid yourselves this year. Good stages, good food, and an extremely smooth run match. If any of you have not been, you need to consider it. God willing, we will see y'all next year.

BTW, LSC's new bride looked like she was scared out of her wits. Are you sure the shotguns weren't for HER? :P:D:lol:

I agree with you Matt. I was impressed with the match. It was well run and a lot of fun. Badlands Bob and his crew should be very proud of themselves. They made it look easy... Witch Doctor

Ditto! Whiskey Business and I had a great time and the weather could not have been better. Very well run match, fun stages, and lots of great company.

Bucky

Kudos to Badlands Bob, Cantankerous Tom and all those who worked so hard behind the scenes so that 110 of us could come to a terrific shoot. Hauling out, and putting away, all those targets, stands and props is a lot of work, to say nothing of the many other things that have to be done to pull off a match like this one. Silver City Rebel wrote some great scenarios and shared some research on a number of our cowboy heroes. We enjoyed beautiful, if cool, North Georgia weather, good food and awards. And talk about door prizes! There were 3 pistols and a ton of other prizes given away, along with a drawing for a new Stoeger Coach Gun Deluxe. I really enjoyed Posse 1 and was humbled by the many Senior shooters who showed up to trounce me. Congrats to all the winners. See you next year.

Cassalong Hopidy

It was a really well run shoot!

Things ran on time and were well organized. With a good lunch provided.

And as mentioned the stages were fun and had some nice challenges - not too hard but adding great variety with a (large) moving target and some plate racks for falling targets.

And a lot of fun folks attending! Posse 7 was great as well!!!

:D GREAT MATCH. My only suggestion would be a ladder for Whisky Business to reach the coffin. Looking forward to next year.

McKenzie

Hey Badlands Bob...next year, instead of putting the coffin on sawhorses, we'll use saw-shetland ponies! :rolleyes:

Dakota Di and I had a great time. With all the fast shooters on posse 5 i felt like I was slowing them down but I had a ball.

How could you feel that way with me shooting on the posse? I dang near got the coveted last shooter award.

OKB would have been proud of me.

Archived