SASS Wire Forum

Florida State Wild Bunch Match

Wigley Down Yonder #67002

To all you Floridians out there that Missed the First Florida Wild Bunch State Match….Well you missed out on something fun. But that was only if you were on Posse One with me. I can honestly say I did some of my best acting as a Mexican who singlehandedly stood off the Gringos.

Check List:

Stages excellent, something you would expect at a State Level Match. Nop, no one shot clean. We were having too much fun shooting our 1911s.

Food, two different caterers for Saturdays lunch and dinner. Shot 3 stages ate lunch, and then shot 3 more. On Sunday we shot 4 straight then awards.

Two Posses, no one had to work too hard.

To the Committee, thanks...great job.

Senior Wigley

Awards, you other Clubs need to take heed...

I thought that the ribbons and medals the Committee gave out that were replicas of the originals showed excellent task and for thought.

History Has Been Re-Written...Senior Wigley was in the Medal round

Senior Wigley

Wiggley, I thought you were chinese?

Hats off to the whole group who put on a great match. Learned a lot about "power factors".

Sorry about the poor times Dang it Dan turned in... We'll work with him. He may have won it all but all of us slowed down for him.congratulations.

M.M.

Congrats to my Pard Dang It Dan for winning Modern and Top Gun!!!!!!

Word is that Congratulations is in order for the Lake County Pistoleros for putting on a might fine shoot as well. In the infamous words of my Pa-In-Law.....GOOD JOB SOLDIERS!

Stan

The first Florida State Wild Bunch State championship match is in the books.

Congratulations are in order to the following Winners

Dang it Dan – Overall Florida State Champion and 1st Place Modern

Sassy Teton Lady – Florida state Ladies Champion and 1st Place Ladies Modern (6th Overall)

Bronco Man – 1st Place Traditional (4th OA)

Deadly Sharpshooter – 1st Place Senior Modern (3rd OA)

Cypress Sam – 1st Place Senior Traditional (9th OA)

On behalf of the Lake County Pistoleros, we would like to thank all those that shot and those that contributed their time and help in making this match top notch.

Till next year......................

Sassy

I have to say that it was a very well balanced match and the shooter had a lot to do and a lot of different "looks" when it came to target placement and style. There was a mix of steel and paper targets. There were targets that moved or swung. There were courses we would call "field" courses and some with less movement but more complex target arrays.

Honestly, and some may not like this, it reminded me of the "old" SASS days when a rifle shot meant looking at the front sight. It had plenty of movement with plenty of activities to accomplish along the way. You had to think about the sequences. And to be quite honest, it was refreshing to hear "BANG, BANG" instead of "pop, pop" when folks were shooting.

To be honest, I was not a big fan of WB because of some of the rules, but now - BRING IT ON!!

A lot of effort was put into this match, I just wish more folks would have come out to see it. Very well run match overall. My hat is off to all who contributed to the match in any way. Can't wait for next year.

Dang It Dan

It was a great match (except for the cold weather which plummeted down to the 60's). As one of the OF's who can't move very well anymore, I really enjoyed the movement and the variety of targets. The posses were just the right size and no one was overworked, even though we had a lot of brass to pick up and targets to reset.

Congratulations to Woody, Sassy and the rest of the Committee for their hard work putting on the match. We "lesser folks" on Posse 2 missed the Wiggly show though!

This was my first time shooting with the Lake County Pistoleros. I couldn't have picked a better match to attend.

I had the best time shooting WB traditional. Seems like we shot well over the 200 acp round count. I came home with bags of brass and shot shells.

If you like to shoot challenging stages with a ton of ammo this is THE match!

And remember WB is not SASS with a 1911. It's a new game that is tons of fun!

If you haven't tried WB, you should ask your local club to offer it at Monthly matches.

Senior Wigalito, you are right on target

Woody and Sassy and their crew did a great job. The stages were very well thought out and FUN. It was great to shoot with this "Wild Bunch" a very fine group of quality folks. This will be a must attend event in the future for any one interested in Wild Bunch and having a great time.

Congrats on a very professional, interesting, and fun filled match.

Thanks so Much

Bill Bonney

To all you Floridians out there that Missed the First Florida Wild Bunch State Match….Well you missed out on something fun. But that was only if you were on Posse One with me. I can honestly say I did some of my best acting as a Mexican who singlehandedly stood off the Gringos.

Check List:

Stages excellent, something you would expect at a State Level Match. Nop, no one shot clean. We were having too much fun shooting our 1911’s.

Food, two different caterers for Saturday’s lunch and dinner. Shot 3 stages ate lunch, and then shot 3 more. On Sunday we shot 4 straight then awards.

Two Posse’s, no one had to work too hard.

To the Committee, thanks...great job.

Senior Wigley

I had the best time shooting at this match than I have had at any other. The stages were a nice mix of movements, targets, and shooting order. Targets had a great sound and there was no doubt that a hit was a hit. My hat is off to Kingfish Dave (The R.O.) for doing a fantastic job of explaining the stages and moving us along at a good pace. As long as I can walk and shoot, I'll be back. Thanks for all the work that the committee and volunteers put into making this a HIT.

Eagle Eyes James (SASS 49863)

To all you who have pics from the Florida Wild Buch.

I need them!

I have a story burning to be told but I need pics for support...Patty Cakes

Senior Wigley

Wigley,

When Zack was watching our posse I saw him taking some photos. He is a great photographer!

Archived