SASS Wire Forum

EOT entry

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

Was figuring to go ahead and sign up for EOT, but when I went to the EOT website the dates and info shown are from 2011. Saw a link for the entry, went to it and it's for 2010. I already shot it in 2010 so I don't plan on signing up for it again.

It seems it would make sense to make it easy for folks to sign up early. I would even try to encourage it.

Isn't EOT supposed to be the most Premiere match in the world?

I just don't get that feeling. ( and I really want to)

Possum

Was figuring to go ahead and sign up for EOT, but when I went to the EOT website the dates and info shown are from 2011. Saw a link for the entry, went to it and it's for 2010. I already shot it in 2010 so I don't plan on signing up for it again.

It seems it would make sense to make it easy for folks to sign up early. I would even try to encourage it.

Isn't EOT supposed to be the most Premiere match in the world?

I just don't get that feeling. ( and I really want to)

Possum

Howdy,

The man that Ran the show there has recently passed I'm sure things will get back to normal give them time, they have some big shoes they have to fill, Coyote Calhoun was Founders Ranch and EOT, IMHO.

KK

Dang, y'all are a tough crowd. You could sign up for Winter Range and Comin' At Cha the day after the shoot was over. Bordertown was sold out 8 months before the shoot.

Frankly I'm surprised that there isn't current information, too.

Howdy, PS -

Really? The match is amost eight months away and you're unhappy because you can't sign up yet?!? And so you go on their forum to vent?

Sounds like someone needs to get a life... :rolleyes:

Regards, TJH

So, Let me see if I have this right. We have a match that brings in big bucks and fills up real fast. Now you want to tell me only one Man had control of this match. Well I guess they should have had a VP in charge of EOT. Give me a break. Sounds like poor planing to me. Most major matchs can be signed up on the day after the match.

JMHO Possum is correct on this one.

Yes, Jim. I came on their forum to 'vent'. Where would you suggest would be better? Do you really think going to some other forum and speaking behind their back would be better?

Its gonna cost me about $2000 and over half my vacation time to come to EOT. It's the world championship. That's why I'll make the trip.

The anticipation of it all is a big part of the experience for me. I WANT to be excited about going.

And Jim, I like my life as is, thanks.

Kiowa Kid,

Thank you for your explanation and reminder. I will try to be more patient.

Seems like I remember doing the same thing before I went to EOT in 2010. As I recall, the website had all the 2009 stuff until after the first of the year. It sure was cool when it showed up, kinda like another Christmas!

The passing has nothing to with it.

It was that way two years ago when I tried to sign up early.

They just don't get it done. You would think that they would want to. But????

I mean. That is money they could go ahead and be useing. Don't know why they wait so long.

Good business practice.

You just heard a good Sunday morning sermon that you want a friend to hear. Takes the church a month or two to get you a tape CD. Your "urgency" to have you friend hear it just isn't quite intense anymore. But if the church handed you the CD as you exit that Sunday...BINGO.

Same thing with Clubs web sites. If the information isn't there or out dated when the Customer wants it, then the "urgency" to attend your match will have the tendency to fade as time passes.

Why do you think a car Salesman wants to get you pinned in his office? So he can close a deal while you still have buying on your mind.

The ONLY time I have found the "urgency" not to fade over time is when you have a swollen prostate.

I recall a little shoot a month or so ago in North Louisiana that people could sign up for the next year at the match. This same little match gave out a 2012 "Free" match application at another club shoot for a door prize the month before the 2011 match ever took place. I also recall another match (which is Comin At Us this week ;) ) in nearby TX that had applications at the match last year for shooters to fill out for 2011 and the 2011 match was over half full before the 2010 match was even over. At least some folks get it!!!!! All this was said IMHO :P

Slick

Nellie,

Yes we are planning on coming. Bringing our motorhome, too. Should be more enjoyable for both Cookie and I.

Possum

O'boy...an onsite cookie baker.

bb

As long as I can remember , EOT sign-ups have never been available much earlier than 6-8 months. And Winter Range used to have an opening date , and folks would have thier forms all filled out and waiting to hit the "send" button. And I think that date was July 1st.

So , not having entries up now for a June match doesn't seem unusual to me. But then what the hell do I know , I'm not one of the SASS elite.

Interested bystander , Rex :lol:

Archived