SASS Wire Forum

S S S S SNOW

Colorado Coffinmaker

Aw Nuts. Got up This morning to about two inches of snow all over everything. :ph34r: Pennsylvania looks like a Curier and Ives Post Card today. Means all the ranges are (gasp) Closed!! Phooey.

Plus, Wednesday, I was at Disney World on Mouse Safari with beautiful blue skies and 85 degrees. BWAaaaaaaaaaaaa

Coffinmaker

Aw Nuts. Got up This morning to about two inches of snow all over everything. :ph34r: Pennsylvania looks like a Curier and Ives Post Card today. Means all the ranges are (gasp) Closed!! Phooey.

Plus, Wednesday, I was at Disney World on Mouse Safari with beautiful blue skies and 85 degrees. BWAaaaaaaaaaaaa

Coffinmaker

2 inches and they close the ranges? For shame.

Coffinmaker

Two inches and you shut everything down?

Wow, you fellows from out West really don't know how to deal with the stuff, do ya? Forcast up here back East is for 8 to 15 inches, depending on where exactly you are.

Should be interesting.

Where's Algore and his global warning when you need it? :P

Two inches and you shut everything down?

Wow, you fellows from out West really don't know how to deal with the stuff, do ya? Forcast up here back East is for 8 to 15 inches, depending on where exactly you are.

Should be interesting.

Where's Algore and his global warning when you need it? :P

Out West????

Well it looks like we have about 2 big fat fluffy inches so far from the Nor'Easter they called for and local amounts are predicted to be 5-8 last I heard.

Hmm hope none of the little kiddies out there are planning on going out as casper, wont be able to see them for the background.

Ya got a point there Remo. Got back from NM visiting the folks yesterday and had to go grocery shopping this morning to refill the fridge etc. You'd have thought the world was coming to an end the way folks were shopping.

Its winter, its (well at least here) is New England, it SNOWS! Pull on your big boy pants and deal with it or move.

Pulled the snowblower out and did the preseason service, cranked it up and it's ready to go, all I have to do now is put the snowbrush in the car. Prep work complete, wow what a tough set of chores ;) .

Hey H.K.Uriah; Last time I looked, Pennsylvania was out EAST. If you read the post you quoted by Colorado Coffinmaker, he lives in PA. I know...you'll go back and really read it and go Ooops!!!! Just sayin'

Big Jake

Yup. And it's the darndest thing. It does this EVERY year! Usually not this early. I did however, get the snow machine out and fire it up, found the shovels and my mittens. Gotta love having 4 seasons.

Coffinmaker

I'm not loving it. We're at around a foot and it's real wet, heavy, sloppy stuff with a stiff wind. Tree came down on the corner of the garage. KABOOM. Shook the whole house. Can't see much damage but won't really know until it's light. Got a couple other tres that are making me nervous. My plane reservation for AZ. isn't until January :(

Well, at 10pm we're at about a foot and a half and still coming down. At least I was able to get in the White Mountain Regulator's match at the Sig Sauer Academy this morning before the snow came. It was my first cold weather shoot and I can't say that I enjoyed it as much as warm weather ones :ph34r:

Willy

Full light and I can see LOTS of split trees and branches down. One took out a section of fence in "Warthog Farm" and a tree is across the path into the woods. Nothing more hit the house, we're very lucky! Making some sourdough biscuts and sausage gravy to fuel us up so we can head outside. Looks like we ended up at around 15 - 16 inches of snow.

Glad you and Doc are OK there Lou. Total for Keene looks to be about 14" in my neck of the woods. Best news no power outage and no damage. Cant wait till it warms up a little more so I can watch the snow come rumbling off the sheds new metal roof.

Took a good an hour and 3/4 to clear my little driveway with the single stage blower, 6.5HP seemed like plenty of power but sure wish it had the augers instead of the scooper thingies. Had to take a hell alot of "small bites" instead of just busting through it. Talk about a great upper body workout, not having power drive negates the need for heading to the gym.

Stripped down to tshirt on the porch and sat there steaming while enjoying a nice post session coffee and cigar. Checked the weather on the smart phone and saw that we will be way above freezing for daytime highs next 10 days so theres going to be a lot of melting going on. Next thing we have to worry about is spring style runoff flooding in November.

Actually, Jake, I did read his post.

To be honest, I wondered if anyone would catch what I said...

It's all a matter of perspective. If you check a map, Pennsylvania is WEST of the Hudson River. To a New Englander, anything to the left of that on a map is "out west."

Hey H.K.Uriah; Last time I looked, Pennsylvania was out EAST. If you read the post you quoted by Colorado Coffinmaker, he lives in PA. I know...you'll go back and really read it and go Ooops!!!! Just sayin'

Big Jake

Well, at 10pm we're at about a foot and a half and still coming down. At least I was able to get in the White Mountain Regulator's match at the Sig Sauer Academy this morning before the snow came. It was my first cold weather shoot and I can't say that I enjoyed it as much as warm weather ones :ph34r:

Willy

Yeah, Willy's area is where the big snowfalls came- all along the eastern NY border with NW Conn, Mass (esp. the Berkshires- hey, has anyone heard from Driftwood?!? :o ), VT (Green Mts.), "New Hamster" :lol: . Around two foot, as of late last nite, ain't seen the news since (and I don't wanna!)

Lou and I are from further south- we didn't get hit so bad, 8-12 inches by me, depending where exactly you measure. I'm also a little west, mebbe that's why I ain't got as much as Lou

Actually, Jake, I did read his post.

To be honest, I wondered if anyone would catch what I said...

It's all a matter of perspective. If you check a map, Pennsylvania is WEST of the Hudson River. To a New Englander, anything to the left of that on a map is "out west."

Well, I think I'm going to shut up now and go jump in my POOL. It's 75-80 degrees everyday here in Sunny SoCal and I've got a couple of days more of swimming season before it drops into the 60's(Burrrrrr)and then have to wait till March or April to start again. Have FUN with all that white stuff.

Big Jake

P.S. Just checked the temp outside at 2:32......83 warm degrees...ahhhhh

It is going to be a very long, unpleasant winter if this keeps up. 63% of CT is still without power.

Howdy

Just got my power back. It has been a cold few days and nights. Lost power Saturday night, just got it back at Noon today, Wednesday. To you boys who think this is nothing unusual, the difference is we NEVER have this much wet snow this early while all the leaves are still on the trees. All the trees still had their leaves, so thousands of branches and entire trees fell on the power lines. If this had happened in a month it would have been much less of a big deal because all the trees would have been devoid of leaves. I was helping a friend with some carpentry on Friday when I heard this storm was coming. I took one look at the trees and I said this is going to be bad. As of yesterday my town was still 80% without power.

Drove out to Springfield Saturday before the storm hit to attend the gunshow at the Big E in West Springfield. This was the annual show where the Winchester collectors show up and I wanted to see all their beautiful rifles. Not disappointed, saw tables full of beautiful original 73s, as well as a couple of original '66s. Alas, no Henrys. Also handled a few excellent S&W Tip Ups as well as a couple of original New Model Number 3s. They each had problems and the sellers wanted too much money given their condition, so no sale.

Note to Big Jake: Came across THREE three screw Single Sixes. Came home with one, so that made the trip worthwhile.

Left just as the storm got going. The normal 2 hour drive took about 3 1/2. I was only going about 30 on the Mass Pike most of the way. No fun. Got home and the power went out late that night. Driving around town Sunday it was an absolute disaster. Trees and power lines down everywhere. Lots of roads blocked by the police because of downed wires. Used the fireplace to keep as warm as possible, it was not really designed for warmth, just for show. But it helped.

Power back now, very happy. Hope it stays.

I'm so happy you found a Ruger 3 screw Single Six. :) Wow, 3 in one show. For a state with the laws that you have, I guess that's good. At least you had a choice and could get the best of the 3.

I feel for you guys that have no power for a few days. My Parents had a ranch in Railroad Flat Calif. Calaveras County (think frog jumping)and sometimes they had no power for a few days at a time. My Dad had propane tank, and wood pile for alternate fuels. Lots of oil lamps and candles too.

Big Jake

It was 65 degrees here on the North Coast today. It's been in the 50's and 60's all week. Saturday going to a shoot, 60 and sunny!

Yippekyioh

Archived