SASS Wire Forum

Alchimista Pistols from EMF

Saddletramp Joe

It was the ShotShow gun of the year in 2008. I was around EMF all during the coming of the gun. Old Top had been requesting a couple sets of 1860 grips/backstraps to put on his GW2. We finally got them and I waz going to put up a pix to show you but can't get into my photopage right now. (you can look on go to the just for fun gallery)

anyways long story short. The Alchimesta is much more than just a set of 60 grips on the GW. (which in itself would seem to be enough) Alchemista has been smoothed ever better than the GW2. I describe it as smooth as a pig rollerskating on glass. but besides that it has a wider trigger and it is set in the MIDDLE of the frame.

It is well made, priced right and looks great. Go for it.

curley

Howdy Saddletramp,

I've been shooting Alchimistas for about 2 years. IMHO they are the best tuned "out of the box" guns I've ever shot. I've shot Uberti cattlemans and Uberti open tops and tried the Taylor's Uberti smokewagon, but I settled on the Alchimistas because of the grip size and the smoothness of the action. I shoot BP and have had no issues. They do shoot low and slightly left, which can be easily fixed if I was a serious competitor. I just adjusted my POA and hit within an inch of center most times. I really don't think you can go wrong with them, especially at the price.

Shakey

And for those who want to change hammers, they are available also. EMF told me they were not, but Alchimista hisself says tain't so.

Shenny

And for those who want to change hammers, they are available also. EMF told me they were not, but Alchimista hisself says tain't so.

Shenny

One of EMFs ads in the newest Chronicle supports that.

I got into my website so here is a pix of Old Tops home made Alchimestia. (now he is trying to get Mr. Alchimestia to give up a couple of those great triggers.

Tops Gun

curley

Archived