SASS Wire Forum

Baikal Shotgun - latest edition

Long Gulch, SASS #53035

Contact Phil Rezac at Philrezac@yahoo.com.

He sells them and will give you good information. I've bought from him and he's OK.

Again folks, Phil is the dad's his name is on the shingle on the LLC business, but Joel does all the Gun business, and BTW I recently got one from Joel last spring as well as my cousin and we both are pleased with them... They tune up very nice...

And I was at Rezac's yesterday, Joel has both the Coach gun and the 28 inch barrel shotguns hanging on the wall...

I bought one this summer, love it. As Grizzly says, its built like a tank. I put in Papa Dave's modified cocking levers, polished the chambers & smoothed the trigger guard (russian tanks aren't necessarily built for comfort). I wouldn't hesitate to buy another or recommend someone buy one.

Tha gun is as good as any in tha past. I shoot one thats 12 years old, an 8 year old done by Three Cut an now a new one done by Three Cut. I myself had tha hourglass ext cut an

pinned so it would load like tha rest. Last one was a gift from a good friend. I don't believe one can wear these out.

RRR

Tha gun is as good as any in tha past. I shoot one thats 12 years old, an 8 year old done by Three Cut an now a new one done by Three Cut. I myself had tha hourglass ext cut an

pinned so it would load like tha rest. Last one was a gift from a good friend. I don't believe one can wear these out.

RRR

Ifn yoo aint wore one out yet I dont see the rest of us doin it.

I shoot a Rem. Spartan version wit da hour glass shaped extractor cut in half and pinned down and I love the gun. No oother SXS beats em fer ANY price.........

Long Gulch didn't you see the one I brought to the range in September? It was out of the most recent shipment into the country. Curly Bill got it right after the match and said in all his years he never saw one that stiff/tight, whatever. It almost took us two hands to break it open. Clancy, Kiss and several more were wanting to find one and everybody that handled it had never seen one that hard to open.

Double Eagle has in now and I'll get it back this weekend and you can see what you think, maybe at Oak Ridge.

Pop

As Pop stated, they are very stiff out of the box, but to me that means that I have enough material

to fit the gun the way it should have been done at the factory.

When the work is done correctly on them, they are an excellant gun either in double trigger or single trigger.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

Ifn yoo aint wore one out yet I dont see the rest of us doin it.

I shoot a Rem. Spartan version wit da hour glass shaped extractor cut in half and pinned down and I love the gun. No oother SXS beats em fer ANY price.........

How is the extractor pinned down? I might try that myself.

As Pop stated, they are very stiff out of the box, but to me that means that I have enough material

to fit the gun the way it should have been done at the factory.

When the work is done correctly on them, they are an excellant gun either in double trigger or single trigger.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

I got a single trigger from Johnny yesterday and folks let me tell you, Johnny knows what he's doing on these guns! Very nice especially for the money.

Colt

How is the extractor pinned down? I might try that myself.

By Nate Kiowa Jones. At least that's how mine was done.

Hey Jake

Have you done this? Mine has a round pin on the bottom. Right now the extractor stays lined up because of both pins. If I cut it, the bottom section looks like it will spin on one round pin and get out of place. Am I missing something? Do I have to shorten the stroke of the bottom section so it doesn't come out beyond the barrel? Thanks for your help.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but this shotgun is fantastic. Beside the normal sslicking, I filed a notch on the bottom of the lug so the barrels stay open. I can turn the thing upside down and they stay open, then a little flip snaps it shut. GREAT GUN!!!

Hey Jake

Have you done this? Mine has a round pin on the bottom. Right now the extractor stays lined up because of both pins. If I cut it, the bottom section looks like it will spin on one round pin and get out of place. Am I missing something? Do I have to shorten the stroke of the bottom section so it doesn't come out beyond the barrel? Thanks for your help.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but this shotgun is fantastic. Beside the normal sslicking, I filed a notch on the bottom of the lug so the barrels stay open. I can turn the thing upside down and they stay open, then a little flip snaps it shut. GREAT GUN!!!

Hondo,

I am waiting for Jake's answer to your question as well but given my own thoughts and obsevations,I would assume that since there is a flat on the top side of the bottom pin,that the screw that keeps the extactor from coming out so far, will also help to keep the bottom half of the extractor from rotating.I would suggest waiting for clarifacation though.

When I do this extractor mod I pin the top using the pin hole that is there now but reaming it slightly so a larger tighter pin can be used. But I also drill a second hole for another pin. Now the top section is held in place by two tight fitting pins. Sometimes I will use red Loctite on these pins but JB weld isn't needed.

Then, before I cut the bottom portion loose from the top I drill it for a guide pin so the extractor doesn't turn.

When I do this extractor mod I pin the top using the pin hole that is there now but reaming it slightly so a larger tighter pin can be used. But I also drill a second hole for another pin. Now the top section is held in place by two tight fitting pins. Sometimes I will use red Loctite on these pins but JB weld isn't needed.

Then, before I cut the bottom portion loose from the top I drill it for a guide pin so the extractor doesn't turn.

I sure am glad you jumped in before I started hacking away.lol I was thinking that it was more involved then what I was thinking.I can't do that with a hand drill.Much appreciated.

Thanks Nate, that is about what I was thinking it would take to make sure everything was where it belonged. I don't think I will tackle this before Comin at Cha, since I leave in a couple days. First cold snap when I can't work........ you never know! :rolleyes:

I love my Baikal, (the Remington SRP210). I received a catalog of the 2011 Baikal's and I see were they only have 26" and 28" barrels for the 210 model SxS. The 220 models have a 20" barrel available, along with 28 and 26", (ext hammers),and advertise these for Cowboy shooters. Surprise that they don't have a 20" barrel for the internal hammers, Model 210. I am interested in getting one of their .410 SxS Model 210 for the farm. Cut the barrel down to 20".

One nice thing about these Baikals, they're easy to repair, since they carry replacement parts, compared to Stoegers. And have had no problem completely stripping them down. MT

I just completed the hourglass extractor modification to my Baikal last night. I drilled the extractor and barrel on my drill press, then drilled the barrel out slghtly larger so I could use a larger rod (end of drill bit) for a press fit in the extractor. I welded over the end of the rod to make sure it stayed put. I cut the extractor into two parts, then used a sharp punch to peen the guide rod in the top portion of the extractor, added red lock tight, drove it in, then drilled for another pin at a slight angle to keep the top portion secured. I don't think this was really needed as the peened rod was really tight.

This really made it easier to load the shotgun. I have been working on this thing since I got it and finally feel I have it just the way I want it. Thank you for this latest idea and the sharing of information needed to let me do it.

I love my Baikal, (the Remington SRP210). I received a catalog of the 2011 Baikal's and I see were they only have 26" and 28" barrels for the 210 model SxS. The 220 models have a 20" barrel available, along with 28 and 26", (ext hammers),and advertise these for Cowboy shooters. Surprise that they don't have a 20" barrel for the internal hammers, Model 210. I am interested in getting one of their .410 SxS Model 210 for the farm. Cut the barrel down to 20".

One nice thing about these Baikals, they're easy to repair, since they carry replacement parts, compared to Stoegers. And have had no problem completely stripping them down. MT

Hi Marshal, I am having trouble finding a extractor for a Baikal, who carries parts??? Thanks

Rebel Bill

I am having trouble finding a extractor for a Baikal, who carries parts??? Thanks

Recently got a batch of parts from EAA themselves (the importer), for a Baikal IZH-43 made back about 2000.

Check this page:

http://www.eaacorp.com/diagrams-izh43lg.html

Their order process usually wants the serial number that you can find on the bottom of the locking lugs of the barrel. Sometimes also on the watertable (the flat part of receiver under the barrel), as the parts vary somewhat over the years (like the extractor).

Good luck, GJ

Recently got a batch of parts from EAA themselves (the importer), for a Baikal IZH-43 made back about 2000.

Check this page:

http://www.eaacorp.com/diagrams-izh43lg.html

Their order process usually wants the serial number that you can find on the bottom of the locking lugs of the barrel. Sometimes also on the watertable (the flat part of receiver under the barrel), as the parts vary somewhat over the years (like the extractor).

Good luck, GJ

Thanks much, thats a starting place. Rebel Bill

Archived