SASS Wire Forum

3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26, 1881

John Boy

http://www.vangargoyle.com/gallery/graves2/tombstone03.jpg

Killed were Tom and Frank McLaury, along with William (Billy) Clanton. Wounded were Virgil and Morgan Earp. John Henry "Doc" Holliday was bruised by a bullet which struck his gunbelt, and his best friend Wyatt Earp was unharmed.

Yep, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral!

Last year, I was doing some training at Ft. Huachuca, which is near Tombstone. I had the chance to take a day and go over there to see the reinactment and look through the town. Had a great time! Lots of history in that town.

http://www.vangargoy...tombstone03.jpg

Killed were Tom and Frank McLaury, along with William (Billy) Clanton. Wounded were Virgil and Morgan Earp. John Henry "Doc" Holliday was bruised by a bullet which struck his gunbelt, and his best friend Wyatt Earp was unharmed.

Yep, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral!

I forget about this every year thanks for reminding me. Rye :)

Wow! Did this really happen? This is the first I've heard of it. This would make a great Hollywood movie. What happend to this Wyatt Earp character?

I hope you're joking, but if not. The movie is called "Tombstone", watch it, it's great. Wyatt Earp died in 1929 at the age of 80. He never took a bullet.

Last year, I was doing some training at Ft. Huachuca, which is near Tombstone. I had the chance to take a day and go over there to see the reinactment and look through the town. Had a great time! Lots of history in that town.

I was in Tombstone at the end of August. Had a great time, even bought some stinkin' badges.

Archived