SASS Wire Forum

Don't ya wish you lived in TEXAS!

Jack Houston # 35508

I love Chicken Fried Steak but since the time in 2003 that I spent 3 weeks one day on the ice on Highways I-10 and I-20 I have had no great desire to go back.

A short annual trip to Clarksville is enough to keep me happy.

Col. sad to report Massey's closed down a few years ago, and yes the cfs was outstanding, so were the frog legs.

That is sad, Ranger. I was planning on going over & have a cfs my next trip to FW. Wonder why they're still listed in the phone book.

That is sad, Ranger. I was planning on going over & have a cfs my next trip to FW. Wonder why they're still listed in the phone book.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/02/15/2852085/masseys-a-fort-worth-icon-serves.html

GG ~ :FlagAm:

My dad was in the air force (Army Air Corps) during WWII, stationed at Goodfellow air base in the bustling metropolis of San Angelo TX. I was born a couple weeks after Pearl Harbor, spent much of my young childhood there. I got sunburned so bad my bones would peel. A bit after the war was over, family moved back to Minnesota. Permanent case of culture shock. Swore I'd never go anywhere it got over 70 degrees. Went into the army in 64, they sent me to Ft. Sam in San Antonio, was there for several year off and on. Love Texas, way of life and general attitude. Best CFS I ever had was at the Albany Hotel Bar and Restaurant in downtown Cheyenne Wyoming. Sorry, Texas.

The O'Meara, Himself

I love Chicken Fried Steak but since the time in 2003 that I spent 3 weeks one day on the ice on Highways I-10 and I-20 I have had no great desire to go back.

A short annual trip to Clarksville is enough to keep me happy.

We were in Branson one year during Thanksgiving and couldn't get out of the Resort because of the Ice and Snow!!!

My dad was in the air force (Army Air Corps) during WWII, stationed at Goodfellow air base in the bustling metropolis of San Angelo TX. I was born a couple weeks after Pearl Harbor, spent much of my young childhood there. I got sunburned so bad my bones would peel. A bit after the war was over, family moved back to Minnesota. Permanent case of culture shock. Swore I'd never go anywhere it got over 70 degrees. Went into the army in 64, they sent me to Ft. Sam in San Antonio, was there for several year off and on. Love Texas, way of life and general attitude. Best CFS I ever had was at the Albany Hotel Bar and Restaurant in downtown Cheyenne Wyoming. Sorry, Texas.

The O'Meara, Himself

Really!! I grew up in San Angelo! Was there from 1955-1969

I prefer a medium rare ribeye over chicken fried steak any day. Having said that Texas would be a great place to live, perhaps I'll move there when I retire, gotta check with the boss first.

Ditto! Except, "he who makes the 'to do lists'" will not leave California. ;)

Well, yeah. But you don't have Oklahoma to pick on. ;)

Where were all the Texans in the second half of the OU/Texas game. Musta went lookin' for some chicken fried steak. :lol: They sure weren't in the stadium.

Oh, wait a minute. Texas Tech 41, OU 38. Maybe I better shut up and leave! :lol:

I’ve been to Texas a couple of times, nice state to visit but not for me to live in. It was too damn hot, it seems like it’s impossible to find a place to hunt without paying some landowner a fortune and most importantly I don’t speak the language!

I LOVE Texas! Enjoyed the time I lived there. Chicken Fried Steak....and then some Bodacious BBQ. Yeeeeeee Haw pards!

GG

Yeah, and don't forget the chili! Rumor has it that some folks actually put BEANS in what they call chili! That's gotta be up there with child abuse doesn't it? ;)

You lived in California...

lived in Texas for 12 years

and then moved back to California????

I wasn't understanding why anyone would possibly do that until I read "Grand-kids"

then it made sense!

If you've never lived in CA, you'll never understand why someone would want to live here. The nutballs and idiot gunlaws aside, CA is the best place to live. Besides, if I leave, there will be one less gun store fighting the good fight here.

IROT

Jack Houston;

1. Family moved north before '55. Did you know any of the Flowers family?

2. Spent three days in Amarillo in a road closed blizzard. Don't like Amarillo except for the Big Texan restaurant-touristy but fun. Food is adequate.

Anthing in Texas is better than anything anywhere else - except for the Chicken Fried Steak in Cheyenne,

If you've never lived in CA, you'll never understand why someone would want to live here. The nutballs and idiot gunlaws aside, CA is the best place to live. Besides, if I leave, there will be one less gun store fighting the good fight here.

IROT

I DID live there... I lived there for 21 years!!!

But my daddy was all Texan so I knew the difference even before I moved to Texas.

When I was growing up in California it was a great place to be but still not as great as Texas.

I can give you a long list of why I would rather live in Texas than California.

I didn't want to raise my children there.

My kids can say they are from a small town in East Texas and they are proud of it.

I am guessing that someone who is living in California but is a cowboy action shooter...

is more like a Texan than other people living in California.

Well I have been in Texas quite a few times. Since I have retired from the navy been trying to move there. Guess I have to wait till 2015 when the step-daughter graduates from HS, I don't want to move the kids after they start HS so 2015 is the time for me one graduates HS that year and another becomes a freshmen.

Archived