SASS Wire Forum

Don't ya wish you lived in TEXAS!

Jack Houston # 35508

Poorly written, but you have to appreciate the spirit. I do enjoy a good chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and cream gravy. Was not aware of this "holiday."

Regards, TJH

PS That's okay, Bart. You just stay up in Misery. We don't need any more undocumented aliens! ;) GO RANGERS!!!

Tell ya what....I used to live in Cleburne just south of Ft. Worth and the best chicken fried steak I EVER ate was at a little restaurant in Midlothian at the intersection of Hwy 67 and 287. I lived there 1982-91. I don't remember the name of the restaurant or know if it's still there but they had the best chicken fried steak and the best banana pudding I ever wrapped my lips around!!!!

Used to live in Austin way back. There was a restaurant that was part of a motel called Hill's...Best CFS I ever had. It was at least 12" across,(That was the "SMALL" order, Large was 2) plus you got another Platter full of Fries or Onion Rings a never empty glass Of Sweet Tea :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm good here thanks.

But I can eat me some chicken fried steak every now and then. ;)

Texas chicken fried steak, mashed taters, Texas toast, salad........doesn't get much better, unless its some good Mexican food, or a Texas T-Bone and baked tater........wait a minute, Texas Bar-b-que and pinto beans.......yep doesn't get much better than Texas.

Enjoy Goodson's in Tomball, TX

I lived in Houston in 1977, bought my first new car in Tomball....a lime green Subaru station wagon...ugliest thing you've ever seen!

I loved visiting in Austin. County Line BBQ on FM 2222 out by Lake Travis...menu on Big Chief tablets....food served family style. Best brisket I've ever had.

I lived in Houston in 1977, bought my first new car in Tomball....a lime green Subaru station wagon...ugliest thing you've ever seen!

I loved visiting in Austin. County Line BBQ on FM 2222 out by Lake Travis...menu on Big Chief tablets....food served family style. Best brisket I've ever had.

Mary's in Strawn. :P

http://www.city-data.com/forum/texas/386664-marys-cafe-strawn-texas-dallas-morning.html

No, I have sworn off living in little states :D

Hey, Alaska would be a great place to live.......but can you ship all that snow somewhere........just saying, if that place ever melts it is gonna be the fifth largest state......LOL. Besides where you gonna get a chicken fried steak there?

Hey, Alaska would be a great place to live.......but can you ship all that snow somewhere........just saying, if that place ever melts it is gonna be the fifth largest state......LOL. Besides where you gonna get a chicken fried steak there?

Oh we have perfectly fine chicken fried steak and we don't mind the snow....it keeps all the Texans away :D.

We are more than twice the size of Texas and there are only about 600,000 people in the state. We have world class hunting and fishing, we can carry with out a CCW, there are no state income taxes and we get a check from the state every year from our oil revenue.

Alaska, the great land!

Oh we have perfectly fine chicken fried steak and we don't mind the snow....it keeps all the Texans away :D.

We are more than twice the size of Texas and there are only about 600,000 people in the state. We have world class hunting and fishing, we can carry with out a CCW, there are no state income taxes and we get a check from the state every year from our oil revenue.

Alaska, the great land!

Well, yeah. But you don't have Oklahoma to pick on. ;)

Best chicken fried steak I ever had was at a place on the river walk in San Antonio. I don't get down that way much, and couldn't name the place.

'Round DFW, Babe's does a pretty good one... along with chicken fried chicken, fried catfish, roast beef - all served family style. And pecan pie. With Blue Bell ice cream.

Alaska, the great land!

Ok, I am on my way.......

Heck, isn't Texas just Baja Oklahoma? :lol:

Don't start, Nanook! You already said they ain't but 600,000 of you. We can match that in a heartbeat. Sides, most of yours are froze in for the winter. Make Valley Forge look like Palm Springs in season. :P

The best cfs I ever stuck a fork in was @ Massey's on McCart Blvd in Ft. Worth. In '81 it was voted the best cfs in Tx by Texas Monthly or Texas Highways (can't remember which). Nowadays I get it at home cause the wife was watching the food channel and they had the chef from Massey's on & he gave out the recipe. It's now on 8th Ave, a couple blocks south of Allen.

Lived/worked in Texas for 12 years had a good time and met lots of

very nice folks. Got my CCW the moment it was offered and I was surly

one of the first 500 to obtain the license.I took advantage

of being able to buy and walk out with the gun thanks to the CCW permit!

We lived about 1 mile from "Cheap as Dirt" gun store in Ft. Worth.

Fantastic food and lots of restaurants.

I retired and moved back to California, what can I say, but "Grand-kids".

Happy trails

QDG

Don't start, Nanook! You already said they ain't but 600,000 of you. We can match that in a heartbeat. Sides, most of yours are froze in for the winter. Make Valley Forge look like Palm Springs in season. :P

We can put that many gangbangers in the front line. They may not be much of a match for you popsickles, but they'll tire you out some - then the Men can move in & clean up!

Mama always said, "If yuh can't say sumpin' nice, don't say nuthin' at all."

OK, y'all can have all that "steak" y'all want. Us'n's raised on (non-Texas) cattle ranches will just have t'settle fer those Porterhouse scraps.... :rolleyes:

~Checotah, whut's dun been raised on good steaks, black-eyes, greens, and pan-fried cornbread. Somebody pass the buttermilk, please....

Lived/worked in Texas for 12 years had a good time and met lots of

very nice folks. Got my CCW the moment it was offered and I was surly

one of the first 500 to obtain the license.I took advantage

of being able to buy and walk out with the gun thanks to the CCW permit!

We lived about 1 mile from "Cheap as Dirt" gun store in Ft. Worth.

Fantastic food and lots of restaurants.

I retired and moved back to California, what can I say, but "Grand-kids".

Happy trails

QDG

You lived in California...

lived in Texas for 12 years

and then moved back to California????

I wasn't understanding why anyone would possibly do that until I read "Grand-kids"

then it made sense!

I work for the days I can spend the 3 coldest winter month in the lone Star state. As for CFS well I had some once and it was a great disapoibtment, the meat was tough and the gravy was bland. I've always said I would try it again somewhere else. Now I did have a great porterhouse, MMMM MMMM!

I keep trying to get back to San Angelo for "Massacre on the Concho" in November, but I keep getting vetoed!

Frenchy

Yep, I can hear my left ventricle slamming shut as we speak! :lol:

Col. sad to report Massey's closed down a few years ago, and yes the cfs was outstanding, so were the frog legs.

Bought my Mustang in '89 at Dusty Rhodes Ford, Kilgore TX - still have it :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived