SASS Wire Forum

Changing my Alias

Made a promise recently to stop reading so much of the news...

Seems I'm becoming angry, fixated and bombastic...

So when this story came along, rather than talkin' about it, I'm considering just changing my alias....

To "SPEECHLESS"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/26/justice-department-proposes-letting-government-deny-existence-sensitive/

LL

Will we ever get our country back will the Nutty "Patriot Act" be repealed?

I despair sometimes there seems to be no political will on either the right or the left to repeal it I have a friend who is a State level LEO with 20+years in investigation who says things like" I hate the PA and like almost all law down in a hurry it is bad law... but it is just too useful in my work for me to push for its repeal"

I wonder how much of the LEO community feel the same way? How many "Officers of the Court"

Some times I am glad I never had any kids and have no Nieces or Nephews :angry:

Feds have always lied like a cheap rug, now they'll have a license to!

Yup! Just making it legal.

This is incredible. I've never held the ACLU in high regard, but this time I find myself siding with them on this issue.

How anybody can think this is a good policy escapes me.

Obviously these SOB's have a lot to hide.

Will we ever get our country back will the Nutty "Patriot Act" be repealed?

I despair sometimes there seems to be no political will on either the right or the left to repeal it I have a friend who is a State level LEO with 20+years in investigation who says things like" I hate the PA and like almost all law down in a hurry it is bad law... but it is just too useful in my work for me to push for its repeal"

I wonder how much of the LEO community feel the same way? How many "Officers of the Court"

Some times I am glad I never had any kids and have no Nieces or Nephews :angry:

Doc:

The Patriot Act is a whole other beehive, and its political implications probably exceed the allowable scope of discussion on this board.

But any administration, past or present, that believes it is ethical and proper to not only lie, but to authorize that lying by law, is no friend of the people. The Freedom of Information Act was designed to open the closed doors of government to the light of day - to as full a public examination as possible without violating individual privacy rights (like government employee health information or the identities of whistle blowers or informants). While some government documents can be exempted from disclosure based upon legitimate national security concerns, the government is still required to DISCLOSE the EXISTENCE of those documents, just not the content. If a requesting party thinks the non-disclosure is improper, he can go to a Federal judge and get a hearing on the non=production. But if the government becomes authorized by law to LIE to you and me, and tell us instead that no such documents exist (when they actually do), then there is nothing for the Court to review.

Basically, the Holder Justice Department considers itself to be above judicial review - and that's a short definition for tyranny.

I do not think this is a coincidence, coming on the heels of Fast and Furious, the solar energy loan scandal, and recent demands for FBI documents.

Well now, there I go; readin' the news and getting angry again; don't tell the missus, will ya?

LL

Archived