SASS Wire Forum

Colorado Pards,

Chili Ron

Just took the car out, had to clean off every bit of 10 inches of snow off it. Roads are just wet though. Did spin a bit in the drive way though, need new tires bad.

You should have bought new tires instead of that new gun! :lol:

Beautiful clear sky and a crisp 25 here this morning. :D

Grizz, good luck standing in line at the tire store now. Always buy yore snow tires in summer I sez.:lol:

Howdy, Pards,

Yeah, we had about 6-inches of snow in the southern suburbs of Denver. Other than the fact that we've got so much stuff in our garage (from cleaning out my late Mom's house, and substituting a bunch of her furniture for our own) that I can't get either car in, and had to clean two cars instead of just my wife's, no big thing!

Heck, the sidewalks and the streets didn't do much more than get wet. Drying out by now. I don't wear shorts at any time (something to do with skinning both knees while roller skating about 62 years ago or so), but Colorado is one of the few places where you can get 6 inches of "partly cloudy" on your driveway, and be sweating like a hawg in your shirtsleeves clearing it off! :rolleyes:

Now I will admit that sometimes we can get a bit more snow...like March 2003 when I had 35-inches on my back patio! Couldn't get my brand-new Expedition out of the garage then cause I couldn't get the door open! :wacko:

Supposed to be back in the 60's or even 70's by the weekend! B) That business about "a few flakes"...does that refer to the precipitation...or the population of the PRB? (People's Republic of Boulder!) :ph34r:

Ride easy, but stay alert! Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America! :FlagAm:

Your Pard,

howdy all, am planning a trip to visit family in Estes Park, Co. next summer. I would be camping. Would like to get some ideas of "local" cowboy shooting around there. When is the best time for good weather? Oh, and BTW, it is snowing here right now, they are calling for 6" - 15" before it is done. Earliest snow since 1972 they are saying. The 2 shoots i had to choose from tomorrow have just posted closed. Any advise would be welcomed. slim chance pistolero

Slim - Lots of good cowboy shooting within a couple of hours of Estes.

Cheyenne Regulators shoot first Saturday.

Colorado Cowboys In Lake George (West of Colorado Springs) also shoot first Saturday. It's quite a ways from Estes, but worth heading down the day before and then shoot the match on Saturday.

Coyote Gulch Cowboys in Boulder shoot on the 2nd Saturday at the Boulder Rifle Club.

Pawnee Station in Wellington shoots 3rd and 5th Saturdays year round.

Briggsdale County Shootists shoot 4th Saturday.

Sand Creek Raiders Near Byers shoot the 4th Sunday.

Typically we can get heavy snow in the spring months in the mountains. But as you said summer weather shouldn't be a major concern, but realize that weather can change quickly, and snow up high even in summer isn't unheard of. Always best to dress in layers when yer out on the trail.

Hope that helps.

Grizz

Bring ear plugs if you're coming in late summer. The dang Elk will keep you awake all night. We rented a cabin just outside town one year. It was an ungulate symphony until the wee hours of the morning. :blink:

:lol::lol: UNGULATE SYMPHONY!! :lol::lol:

Ask ol' Captain Jack Storm (who lives in Estes Park) and he'll tell you that he can't sleep any night in Sept.

Dang, that's funny right there.... now I have a new saying for elk camp! THANKS, UB! :D

WAIT? It's snowing in CO? Heck, I'm in my flip flops. I looked outside and it's 78 degrees. It can't snow at 78 degrees!

Oh yeah! I'm in TEXAS! B)

Ask ol' Captain Jack Storm (who lives in Estes Park) and he'll tell you that he can't sleep any night in Sept.

Dang, that's funny right there.... now I have a new saying for elk camp! THANKS, UB! :D

WAIT? It's snowing in CO? Heck, I'm in my flip flops. I looked outside and it's 78 degrees. It can't snow at 78 degrees!

That's way too hot for elk hunting. Oh, that's right there aint no elk hunting in Texas or very little. Elk hunting in flip flops?

See you in the spring, that's June around here. :)

LL'

thanxs all for the info .... we had planned on coming out this year, but between the fires, earthquakes, floods and tornados, those plans fell thru. And about the snow we just had here in the east, i had 11" of heavy wet snow. Brought down lots of trees. Our power was off for 32 hours, sure is nice to have a generator. Snow is mostly gone now but several thousands still don't have power. So, next year i think we are left with the locust. We will be staying at the Estes Park KOA, since my wifes uncle owns it. Will remember the ear plugs and the warning about dressing in layers. thanxs again..... slim chance pistolero

Double check that snow. It could be ash. :lol::unsure:

It's so cold up here that the@OccupyTheSecretHiddenBunker hippies are shivering so badly they can't get their fatties lit! We're providing emergency matches, since we already have a Frozen Dead Guy...let the sunshine in!

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

It's so cold up here that the@OccupyTheSecretHiddenBunker hippies are shivering so badly they can't get their fatties lit! We're providing emergency matches, since we already have a Frozen Dead Guy...let the sunshine in!

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Archived