SASS Wire Forum

Just how fast do you wanna' get?

Doc Silverfinger, SASS#3444

...well, someone asked me that question once, and I replied:

"Well, right now, shooting double duelist, I can shoot a 10/10/4 course in about 30+ to 40+ seconds - but soon, I'd like to get that down to under 20 seconds.....

...........and then to under 10 seconds.......

...........and then to under 5 seconds........

...........and then to under one second......

...........and faster, still - until time reverses itself......

and

we

all

start

gettin'

younger!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I don't want to get younger. :blink: I like my age. I'm old enough to do whatever I want and Young enough to enjoy it.

I vote to keep what I have in my brain housing group (intellect and memories) and go back to have my Marine Corps 21 year old body. :FlagAm: My Wife might like that too. Just sayin' :lol:

Big Jake

I too would welcome my 21 year old body.

Can I go back to my 19 year old body?

Wrestling and football.

20 is when I shattered my ankle and tore apart my knee.

And then it was over... And then I got fat.

I would love to be able to average in the low 30s.

I love shooting 10-10-4 stages in 21 seconds and would like to get it under 20, shooting 2-handed. I am about to start shooting Classic Cowboy and going duelist and shooting a hammered shotgun requires me to adjust my expectations a bit. I like a formulation I got from Randy St. Eagle recently--try to shoot a stage averaging 1 second per round. Thus, you would be looking for 24 seconds on a 10-10-4 stage. I am going to start with that in Classic Cowboy, knowing it will be a challenge for me for some time. Later, who knows? Most of us want to improve--it is the nature of competition, even competition framed in a fantasy game. It is reasonably clear to me that there are limits to how fast I can get, however--and that I will never be pressing Deuce, Fast Eddie and their ilk--so I am looking to see how well I can do while still having fun. When speed gets to be more important than having fun with great friends, I hope one of you will nudge me to another hobby.

Cassalong Hopidy

I wouldn't mind having a 21 year old's body. Do I get to pick her out? B)

Philly, Your sick. I like you! :lol::lol::lol:

For speed, I'd settle for a little of the quickness and mobility of Badlands Bud, the sheer speed of Deuce, and the eyes of Lassiter (I think he can see about everything all the time).

Oh yea, I'd also love to have the bank account of Korupt Karl to buy abunch of ammo to practice. :D

..........Widder

NO!!!! :angry:

To My good friend Philly:

I often share my opinion on the Wire.

Sometimes, I share info based on experiences.

I normally don't try to give advice or pretend I'm Dr. Weisenheimer. BUT PHILLY, ifn I were you, I think I would find a good place to hide until those flowers and chocolate candy have been delivered to your house. ;)

..........Widder

How fast do I want to get?

As fast as I can given my age and eyesight.

I am not like one of the seniors who has been shooting a long time, was real fast when he was younger but is now just trying to hold on. I didn't start competitive shooting of any kind until I was a senior. I am more like a kid still trying to find the limits of his game. If I was 18-19 again I would be gunning for 18-19 second 10-10-4 stages. As a 63 year old I don't think that is going to be possible, but I want to see how fast I can become.

I would quit if I ever thought I was fast enough, but I don't think that is going to happen.

To My good friend Philly:

I often share my opinion on the Wire.

Sometimes, I share info based on experiences.

I normally don't try to give advice or pretend I'm Dr. Weisenheimer. BUT PHILLY, ifn I were you, I think I would find a good place to hide until those flowers and chocolate candy have been delivered to your house. ;)

..........Widder

'prciate it Widder. She's out of town right now and I'm catching a plane to go see her this evening. She's not much on flowers. I'll deliver the chocolate myself. ;)

I vote to keep what I have in my brain housing group (intellect and memories) and go back to have my Marine Corps 21 year old body. :FlagAm: My Wife might like that too. Just sayin' :lol:

Big Jake

Ain't it the truth! A former coworker once told me that when I reached his age (which I am now at), I will discover that what I used to do all day will now take me all day to do. :P

Ain't it the truth! A former coworker once told me that when I reached his age (which I am now at), I will discover that what I used to do all day will now take me all day to do. :P

I may not be as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was. Just sayin'

Big Jake

How fast ye wanna get?

Iffen I eva git dare I'll let ye know.

Shot my fastest stage in a 10 stage travel match this year. No tha targets wern't in your face. At 8 an 20 wid no double taps two shotgun. 10-10-2 with 20 foot of movement. 2 shooters were in tha 12's on 16" targets. GarOtee neither one of us will eva B satisfied.

RRR

How fast ye wanna get?

Iffen I eva git dare I'll let ye know.

Shot my fastest stage in a 10 stage travel match this year. No tha targets wern't in your face. At 8 an 20 wid no double taps two shotgun. 10-10-2 with 20 foot of movement. 2 shooters were in tha 12's on 16" targets. GarOtee neither one of us will eva B satisfied.

RRR

YEP, I was at that match and got to see 'the other' shooter run that 12+ second stage. It was pure blistering.

And ye is right Wray, the targets were not in the face and weren't multi-tappers either.

..........Widder

I wanna be so fast i need a cowboy hat with a spoiler on tha back like Widder has to wear.

Howdy Hugh. Yep, that spoiler is the secret... :lol:

Actually, mostly what it does is distract the competition. :D

When ya get a chance, holler at me sometime.

..........Widder

I have shot clean matches, but I made mistakes in them.

Just once I would like to shoot a smooth, error-free, clean match as fast as I can. No fumbles.

It would not bother me to get beaten by everyone else, as long as I knew I did not beat myself, no matter what the numbers on the timer are. Just to know that for once I shot my BEST possible match....

Archived