SASS Wire Forum

If we had only one rule......

Buffalo Dick, SASS #12880

Someone would want to change it, someone else would want an exception made because of what they have to shoot or want to shoot, and someone else would say "Don't worry, you can do what you want at a monthly match." :angry:

We could have a "Secret" rule like one year at the "Shoot-n-Scoot" at Comin' At Cha. No-one knew the "Secret Rule" until it was over!

The "Secret Rule" was.......

"Misses Don't Count" :lol:

We could have a "Secret" rule like one year at the "Shoot-n-Scoot" at Comin' At Cha. No-one knew the "Secret Rule" until it was over!

The "Secret Rule" was.......

"Misses Don't Count" :lol:

Even that wouldn't have helped me last year, I was painfully slow, AND I missed a whole bunch. :D

I don't think you could do it with one rule. It would take 3 minimum.

Shoot old west guns

Wear old west clothes

Be safe

I would add "have fun" but that one takes care of itself, cause if you are not having fun, you won't come back.

Honestly, I think the more rules we have the more rules we get. When you try to get specific, well...then people tend to get REAL specific. I remember when this was a pretty simple sport, before the "loading table lawyers" got involved and applying the rules required not one but several layers of classes (ROI, ROII). Back then everyone was an range officer, because the rules were simple.

Ah well, that was a long time ago and it aint likely to go back. So, we live with what we have and do the best we can.

If we had only one rule, you can bet your bottom Dollar it would be so convoluted that likely at least 1/2 of the shooters couldn't fully understand it. Nothing new.

I don't think you could do it with one rule. It would take 3 minimum.

Shoot old west guns

Wear old west clothes

Be safe

I would add "have fun" but that one takes care of itself, cause if you are not having fun, you won't come back.

Honestly, I think the more rules we have the more rules we get. When you try to get specific, well...then people tend to get REAL specific. I remember when this was a pretty simple sport, before the "loading table lawyers" got involved and applying the rules required not one but several layers of classes (ROI, ROII). Back then everyone was an range officer, because the rules were simple.

Ah well, that was a long time ago and it aint likely to go back. So, we live with what we have and do the best we can.

I like it, and its simple -- but we don't all agree on what constitutes an "old west gun."

Safely enjoy your stages and have fun!

Most shooters know the difference in right and wrong. The rules are for those that don't seem to want to know or want to better their scores be edging as close as possible to the rules. I really enjoy shooting on a posse or being in a match where the rules are known and respected without any amount of questioning or challenging.

Just my $.02 worth in a million-dollar world.

Archived