SASS Wire Forum

This is what I have to deal with all the time at home!

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

Rattlesnake is more like an energizer bunny around the house. He never stops dry firing!!!

HELP!!!! I'VE CREATED A MONSTER!!!!

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qS9-ptQLNU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Howdy......

That kid shoots FAST!

It was also a good idea to make him shoot

smokeless powder in the house too...... ;)

Vern / Foothills...

Yep it's a good thing he's using light smokeless loads. Lol.

If you do not practice for jams & mistakes, you won't know what to do when they happen on the firing line.

It will cause you to stop and think about what to do next before going on. Or you stand there fumbling about until you get through it.

Colt Faro,

Pay attention.

Rattlesnake may just teach you a thing or two.

Young fresh eyes over "set in your ways" may show you something you would have never thought of.

CH

Make no mistake about it, I do pay attention. I've never seen anyone who thinks more out of the box than he does. He's always trying something new. Not everything works but he does find things that do.

I made this post like what he does is a bad thing but it's not. It's really amazing to watch him and it's been a pleasure watching him grow. He loves and lives what he does. He's too hard on himself sometimes but he's really been working on that. He messes up just like the rest of us and that's when he's critical on himself. He's learning to channel that in a positive way. Sometimes it's hard to remember that he's only 12 years old and it's been just me raising him since he was 2. I am very proud of him and while neither one of us is anywhere close to perfect, we try and live the cowboy way the best we can and enjoy ourselves and friends in this sport.

Colt

I beat him all the time :rolleyes:

EVERY night, in my DREAMS :lol:

I would make him use GLOVES, BTW :P

Cheers,

LG

I agree LG!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoh_UMRYK24&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ain't nothin wrong with that. I wish him continued success, especially as a two handed shooter and not GFer... :lol::lol::lol:

I've got a set of Rugers that I dry fired OVER 1.5 million cycles each while doing nothing but speed runs. Plus, they have a 'few' thousand live rounds thru them also.

I've wore out one 97 shotgun on 3 different occasions after having it repaired 3 times. I finally gave it to Curly Bill Kelly as a parts gun. Now, I'm wearing out another 97 doing dry fire AND live fire practice.

Its obvious that his practice is doing well.

Best regards

..........Widder

Ain't nothin wrong with that. I wish him continued success, especially as a two handed shooter and not GFer... :lol::lol::lol:

I've got a set of Rugers that I dry fired OVER 1.5 million cycles each while doing nothing but speed runs. Plus, they have a 'few' thousand live rounds thru them also.

I've wore out one 97 shotgun on 3 different occasions after having it repaired 3 times. I finally gave it to Curly Bill Kelly as a parts gun. Now, I'm wearing out another 97 doing dry fire AND live fire practice.

Its obvious that his practice is doing well.

Best regards

..........Widder

Sounds like your guns get plenty of use as well! You're right there's nothing wrong with lots of practice!

Archived