SASS Wire Forum

Bayou Blast 2012 cancelled

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

I want to let everyone concerned know that Bayou Blast will not be held in 2012.

There were no big issues or blow-ups. We just don't have the interest as a club to put on a successful annual, at this time.

We really appreciate all of our friends who have attended Bayou Blast in the past. You made it a worthwhile endeavor and fun to host.

Possum

Really hate to hear this Possum... We always did enjoy this match.. Great range and a great group of people there...

Hope to shoot with u and some of the other shooters from down that way in other matches..

We do LOVE our friends. That is what made this such a hard decision. As match director, nothing makes me happier than to see all my friends laughing, grinning and having a good time.

We WILL see y'all on the road.

Possum

We do LOVE our friends. That is what made this such a hard decision. As match director, nothing makes me happier than to see all my friends laughing, grinning and having a good time.

We WILL see y'all on the road.

Possum

Rats! Now I gotta redo my whole 2012 schedule.

Fingers (what had a blast in 2011) McGee

I hate that the club cant do Bayou Blast for 2012.That was my first and only big shoot and I had a ball. I will miss going to it again.I enjoyed helping to put up the tents and taking them down.Working speed pistols side match with Crosscut.Possum wish you could do it again but I know how much work it is.Wish I could have helped again.Will miss it.

Yes Possum I sure do hate to hear that. We've always had a good time shooting in LC. Definately a fun shoot n enjoy the people. Oh, yea. The food is great.

Possum, hate to hear that BB will not be held this year. I know you and Chatahoochee and a handful of others worked your tails off to make this match happen the past few years. I'm sure it was not said enough, but your efforts were appreciated. Bayou Blast was always a top notch shoot.

Bear

Sorry to hear that. I fully understand the amount of work and dedication it takes to put on a match of that quality. Its been a great one every time I have been there...which was every year. I cant say enough about how well things went and what a great time was had by all....even when I didnt shoot good..lol. Hope to see ya all down the trail. And...i will stilly probably be coming down at least once a year to shoot with ya'll

Possum, hate to hear that BB will not be held this year. I know you and Chatahoochee and a handful of others worked your tails off to make this match happen the past few years. I'm sure it was not said enough, but your efforts were appreciated. Bayou Blast was always a top notch shoot.

Bear

+1

I am glad I got to make it last year. Thanks for all of you that worked so hard to put it on. WL :FlagAm:

Possum, Bayou Blast will be missed it was one of our favorite matches. Thanks to all who helped put it on. I enjoyed helping and wish I could have done more. Also enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new friends. Will definately see ya'll down the trail.

Texas Gator

Well, I'm sad to hear you won't be having it this year but I'm sure glad I got to shoot with ya'll last year! Ya'll did a great job putting on the match...but I totally understand not having enough bodies to put on a great match!

This is getting scary. I shot Bayou Blast the last time it will be shot and now I shot Possum Trot the last time.

I hope I'm not setting some sort of a trend.

This is getting scary. I shot Bayou Blast the last time it will be shot and now I shot Possum Trot the last time.

maybe I just THOUGHT I wanted you to come to Comin At Cha....

:->

Well, Noz...looks like we can all blame it on you! ROFL Don't be going to any of my other favorite shoots!! {{{hugs...just kidding}}} :D

Archived