SASS Wire Forum

Possum Trot

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

What? yu say!!!!!!!!!! :mellow:

First let me say what a grand time was had by all this weekend at Smoke out in the Hills, the KY-TN blackpowder champeenship....

Congrats to Silver City Rebel for shooting a GREAT match!!! :excl:

Anyway, this was the final Smokeout at Possum Trot. I'll let details filter out from sources closer to the club, but we are all greatly disapointed but greatful for years of great times there!

My heartfelt thanks to LIL Joe and his family for all the fun we've had! :lol:

Cheyenne :huh:

It sure was a great time to be had! Like all who came, we hate to see it go. I have no doubt that the personality of the match will remain the same up at Copperhead's place, but it still won't be Possum Trot.

To all the victors I say congratulations. It was a great match and to win, you had to do it right for sure!

to Jackalope Jasper, hat is off to you sir! Congratulations to the 2 time!!!! Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation!

Now back to work to get some rest!

The Possum Trot folks gave us another great time!

All meals for four days,a fun group of stages by Blackwater Desperado,Cowboy Olympics(congrats,

Tequila Liz,1st in that event,)great weather provided by Copperhead,(he said,)and the band

Milkbone,tore it up once again!

Sad this has to be the last match at Possum,but the Smokeout will live on at Joe's.

Thanks to all the family,members,and workers for years of memories.

Congratulations to Silver City Rebel,(1st overall,)and Anita Margarita,(1st ladies!)

Harley.

:FlagAm: Was sorry to hear it was to be the last. I understand the legend will continue in care of Copperhead Joes place.

CONGRATS to Silver City Rebel on the overall and to all who won and those who had alot of fun. Thanks to Copperhead Joe, Ringer, Iron Maiden and all who worked so hard to put on a quality shoot.

McKenzie

Thanks to all who have visited with us and to those who joined us for what may well be the last big match at Possum Trot. The fat lady ain't sung yet and there may still may be a glimmer of hope, but rest assured the Highland Regulators ain't about to go off into the sunset any time soon.

Yes Possum Trot is for sale, and as of now we plan to shoot in November and there will be a Christmas party as well. If some benevolent individual buys the facility and wants to keep it as a cowboy town and shooting venue there could be a future there. Just Little Joe has put a lot of work into the maintainance and a lot of heart into maintaining Smokin' Joe's dream, but running business and raising a family make it a burden, and Smokin' Joe always said when it stopped being fun......... God bless him for doing all he's tried to do.

We'll keep you posted as the rest of the story unfolds, and Copperhead Joe Black has graciously stepped up to make sure that Smokeout In The Hills will continue to happen every fall as usual. The tentative plan is to move up to Ponderosa Pines in Manchester, Ky and keep on keepin' on!!

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...........

What? yu say!!!!!!!!!! :mellow:

First let me say what a grand time was had by all this weekend at Smoke out in the Hills, the KY-TN blackpowder champeenship....

Congrats to Silver City Rebel for shooting a GREAT match!!! :excl:

Anyway, this was the final Smokeout at Possum Trot. I'll let details filter out from sources closer to the club, but we are all greatly disapointed but greatful for years of great times there!

My heartfelt thanks to LIL Joe and his family for all the fun we've had! :lol:

Cheyenne :huh:

I have to put this match right up there in my top three list. I tactfully won't tell my other two...but I have never been so well taken care of at any match. Thank you Cheyenne for your posse marshall work. I know we were a hand-plum-full (at least I tried my best). Congratulations on your own high finish in and among some powerful company. I am so glad we went this year. I wouldn't trade the experience of seeing Blue Boy shoot so well. For those who don't know Blue Boy, there is a rumor that he is 92. I hope Pig Iron and I see you somewhere else soon. We are moving on to the Guns of Autumn in Gainesville GA next weekend and I'm expecting you at the Georgia State match next May.... Witch Doctor

I, too wish to add my thanks to the good folks that put the match together. I think Iron Maiden about wore her shoes out with all of the running around she did.

A note to the fish fryers at CaC.

Get ready!!!

Copperhead tried his recipe out on us in preperation for the Great Parking Lot wars to come a CaC.. It was real good! You LA boys have got your work cut out for you.

On a purely personal note. I want to thank the Match directors for allowing the large number of Frontiersmen on Posse 10. We normally are separated and do not get the chance to shoot together. In this case 6 of the 9 were on one posse. What a hoot. It was also inspiring to see the very top shooters in that category in action. Did you notice I said 9? the largest category in the match.

I also wish to thank Posses 9 and 10 for voting a Spirit of the Game award for my wife Lorrie. For those that don't know, she does not shoot but has adopted the score keeping job as her own. She also jumps in a shags brass if necessary.

Many thanks from her to you for the honor. She was deeply touched.

Yes, it is true, Possum Trot will be closing its doors after the Christmas party in Dec. unless someone decides to buy and keep the range. We will be moving to Copperhead's place in Manchester, Ky. There are no cabins but he has 15 hook ups and plenty of space for dry camping and parking.

We just want to let everyone know that you folks know just how much we have appreciated your devotion to P.T. over the years.

I thought that everything went pretty good. Maybe a few little glitches, I mean we aren't perfect. The weather was great, the food was great, the festivities went well, great shooting with great friends.

We learned that Ohio Cheatin Charlie is a heck of a hold em player!

Tequila Liz never gives up, and won the campfire olympics.

Duffield can tell a heck of a tale.

Our top cowboy(Silver City Rebel) can out shoot us all.

Our top cowgirl ( Anita Margarita) can outshoot most of the men.

Jackaloupe Jasper-Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation

Stonecreek Drifter-King of Kaboom

Split Rail-Sultan of Smoke

We raised 287. for the cowboy memorial.

We raised 310. for the boy scouts.

We gave away 14 free matches!

I hope that everyone had a safe trip and enjoyed our last hooray at Possum Trot with us and hope that you join us in our new adventures in Ky.

Thank you all and I hope to see you all down the road!

Iron Maiden :FlagAm:

Best dressed working cowboy- Branchwater Jack

Best dressed working cowgirl-The Lady

Best dressed gentleman-Badlands Beck

Best dressed Lady-Badlands Bell

And the best of all-The spirit of the game winners were:

Miss Lorrie

Blue boy

Stagecoach Hannah

and a tie-Jackalope Jasper and Fast Harley

Congrats to you all!

I am so sorry but it wasn't Stagecoach Hannah who won the spirit of the game it was Miss Bo. Maybe I just thought that she should have. She was a delight!

Mike, we sure hve missed you! We will still have a blast at Copperhead's! Hope to see you and Moe Gunns down the road!

I'd like to ad that the boys in the band said they'll be at Copperhead's next fall. Seems they've become addicted to lemonade. :wub::lol:

Congratulations again to all the winners! I'm glad I had this opportunity to shoot my first, and sadly, probably my last time at Possum Trot. I've only been shooting a little over a year, and it still amazes me what a great group of people the cowboys are! Thanks to Iron Maiden for making me feel so welcome and giving me a few little pieces of advice!

Thanks again to all to worked hard to put on such a great match, and look forward to seeing you all on down the trail!

Blue Hare

It comes as no surprise that the Possum Trot crew put on another outstanding event.

To echo Doc Eells, there's no doubt that future Smokeout in the Hills matches will keep the same "personality" regardless of the venue.

The food was great, the Cowboy Olympics were huge fun, everybody enjoyed Milkbone, there was free beer, and a heck of a shooting match.

When you also consider the characters who sometimes show up around there, it's hard to beat a weekend like that!

Anita and I pass on our thanks and hugs to all those who worked so hard to make it happen. We're already looking forward to Smokeout in the Hills, 2012.

Jackalope

Jedi Gunfighter Lucky #7

Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation 2010, 2011, and beyond...

I would like to second what everybody said about Possum Trot. This was my first trip south and I would like

to thank everybody that made me feel welcome as a first timer. That was my first time I had ever seen the

" STAR OF DEATH ", Pretty cool!

I would like to set a vicious rumor to rest. I did not cheat to take chips from the poker players.

They freely gave them to me! LOL

I hope I get a chance to shoot again with some of my new friends that I made over the weekend.

By the way what's up with spiders in Tenn? When I packed up there was a Tarantula on my rain fly! I never

saw anything like that in Ohio!

I would like to second what everybody said about Possum Trot. This was my first trip south and I would like

to thank everybody that made me feel welcome as a first timer. That was my first time I had ever seen the

" STAR OF DEATH ", Pretty cool!

I would like to set a vicious rumor to rest. I did not cheat to take chips from the poker players.

They freely gave them to me! LOL

I hope I get a chance to shoot again with some of my new friends that I made over the weekend.

By the way what's up with spiders in Tenn? When I packed up there was a Tarantula on my rain fly! I never

saw anything like that in Ohio!

Charlie,

I thought I heard some screaming over that way as we left..lol. Was it really a tarantula?? Or is that one of those 'Cowboy Stories'??? Anyway, really enjoyed shooting with you and hope to see you again when it gets warmer :)

Blue Hare

Well, I've seen small scorpions but not tarantulas! You sure it wasn't just a garden spider. They get really big and scary looking but are harmless. :D

I don't know what kind of spider it was for sure but it was "HUGE"!!!!!

I think I could have thrown a saddle on it and rode it home!

I wonder how many flies per mile I could have gotten out of that sucker?

There ain't nothing like that in Ohio!

This would have been a good story for the liers competition, but this is true!

Bummer, I still have the dog (Red Dog ) that we adopted from Possum Trot when we were there the weekend Joe passed away. I have not been there the last couple years and was hoping to soon. Ill sure miss it.

Smokin' Joe always said you could tell the charachter of a man by how he treated a dog. :FlagAm:

Smokin' Joe always said you could tell the charachter of a man by how he treated a dog. :FlagAm:

Dats about da dam truth!

Wonder what'll come of all tha dollors hung in tha saloon? Mine was tha first. I got ta play cards wid Joe tha night afore he passed an lost some more of em. I miss him, his FRIED AGGS as he called em for breakfast. An I miss tha possum. :wub:

Tha onlyest place I drank so much I waz a noshow for tha next days shoot! :ph34r: Time well spent!

RRR

Ray, we took some of the dollars down and many of the pictures too. i think they are gonna' make some sort of comemorative with them. when I know more I'll fill you in. See you at the SE regional.

Cheatin Charlie seeing spiders?

Not me. I'm seeing pink elephants. But that may be due to the lemonade? :wacko:

Archived