SASS Wire Forum

Question about U.S. OPEN - 2012

Widder, SASS #59054

Suppose a 59 year old State Champ within their respective category becomes 60 years old before the 2012 U.S. Open.

Would that particular person be required to shoot in the category of which they earned their State Championship OR, could they now shoot in the SR category?

ALSO, what if Agenda Item #2 becomes a reality.

Could this present any obstacles of what the U.S.Open has planned.

EXAMPLE: a bunch of 49er's win their categories (during 2011) in a dozen states and all of them turn 60 before the 2012 U.S.Open. Would that situation create a Top Heavy list of Seniors and fewer 49er's than expected.

Just wonderin.

..........Widder

Dang it Widder, yer makin my head hurt! :wacko:

Good question though. Ok Mose, T-Bone, y'all got another quandry ta deal with. Course their both pretty busy with CAC bout now, might not have time to give it a lot of thought fer a while.

Considering who is running the show up there...

I'd say they'd let cha shoot what category ya wanted. Mandated age brackets passing or not.

I could be wrong, but...that's the way I figure it.

Ok I can say that if you win an age based class and become eligable for an older class . You can shoot either age based class you qualify for, you can not change shooting styles( I know you wouldn't change styles any way Widder).

We will work within the boundries of what ever rules SASS has in place at the time .

Don't Worry you guys know we can make it work out for Ya.

I am just glad so many of you are planning to come to our little play ground in Sparta next year.

SEE YA

MOSE

Archived