SASS Wire Forum

CCW Holster

The following is a non-compensated endorsement ...

I recently picked up a new CCW holster, the Split Decision IWB model by High Noon.

All leather construction, with a good open & stiff throat to assist in reholstering. Far superior to the nylon bag holsters that collapse.

The hook clamps on to your trouser band with good tension, and the rest of it is shaped so that it fully surrounds your belt. Stays put with no slippage on the draw.

The best part is it's tuckable. The belt hook is on a tab that is stitched to the toe of the holster, leaving a gap so you can tuck your shirt in and completely conceal your sidearm. No need for an outer garment at all.

After trying several different types, I have to say this is the best Inside-The-Waistband one out there. For pards that carry, I think you won't be disappointed if you get one. And at $37, American made, you can't go wrong.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/product_line.html

The following is a non-compensated endorsement ...

I recently picked up a new CCW holster, the Split Decision IWB model by High Noon.

All leather construction, with a good open & stiff throat to assist in reholstering. Far superior to the nylon bag holsters that collapse.

The hook clamps on to your trouser band with good tension, and the rest of it is shaped so that it fully surrounds your belt. Stays put with no slippage on the draw.

The best part is it's tuckable. The belt hook is on a tab that is stitched to the toe of the holster, leaving a gap so you can tuck your shirt in and completely conceal your sidearm. No need for an outer garment at all.

After trying several different types, I have to say this is the best Inside-The-Waistband one out there. For pards that carry, I think you won't be disappointed if you get one. And at $37, American made, you can't go wrong.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/product_line.html

Thanks. This bears looking into!

It's even available for a 1911 5" with rails! Wow! Not sure how comfy that would be, but it might bear lookin' into.

Thanks for the info!

Dan

AND... made in right here in :FlagAm:

:D

They have one for my H&H USP compact, but not for my Taurus PT99, though I imagine one of the others is probably pretty close...

They even have left hand versions, not all makers bother...

Nice lookin' rig..Nice price too!

I couldn't find anything that said if any of their holsters was available in left hand though..

Nice lookin' rig..Nice price too!

I couldn't find anything that said if any of their holsters was available in left hand though..

Doc, I didn't at first either, so I clicked on the purchase or buy button, on that screen you specify the gun and left or right handed. The ones I checked did have left handed versions.

I've always wanted a inside the waist holster, but the thing that bothers me is, I would have to buy more pants so it would be comfortable to wear, the ones I have now fit just right, if I went this route now, it would be very uncomfortable to wear a IWB holster, it would be really tight. Have heard you need pants one or two sizes bigger to be comfortable.

All for now JD Trampas

I've always wanted a inside the waist holster, but the thing that bothers me is, I would have to buy more pants so it would be comfortable to wear, the ones I have now fit just right, if I went this route now, it would be very uncomfortable to wear a IWB holster, it would be really tight. Have heard you need pants one or two sizes bigger to be comfortable.

IMHO, the IWB is will worth the trouble of getting a new pair of pants or two. Heck, as much as male CAS shooters spend on clothing already, isn't this really a non issue? ^_^:D

In my experience, if your choice of CCW piece is one of the flatter pistols like a single stacked mag Ruger, Kahar, 1911, etc..., you can easily use the pant size you normally wear while using an IWB holster. In fact, the heavier the gun (think full size 1911), the easier it is to keep it in place with a snugger than looser fitting pant. Comfortably snug but not uncomfortably tight. It is the belt you are wearing that makes the difference. A good quality leather and properly sized belt (1 1/2" wide or better) is the key to maintaining a secure and safe IWB fit. Don't go cheap on your belt. If the pants or jeans you're currently thinking of wearing with a IWB rig are tight to begin with, then probably they won't work. If the pants you are wearing are a comfortable fit and you normally use a belt to snug your pants, you will most likely be good to go.

Experiment a little. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Happy shooping!

Archived