SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2012

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but there is a 100% chance of FOG if yer shootin' on Posse 1....soot shooters will deliver that!

Yeah but there is a 100% chance of FOG if yer shootin' on Posse 1....soot shooters will deliver that!

I'm gonna do my part! I spent the afternoon loading shotgun rounds and .44-40 cartridges (all BP). Fixin' to go back and load some more rifle/pistol rounds this evening. See y'all Wednesday afternoon!

Badlands, I clicked on all four days of the match and there is 0% chance of snow!

That's a load off my mind. Sometimes winter comes early in Alabama. Snow drifts pile up to 3-4 inches at times. Never seen it myself but I heard about it.

That's a load off my mind. Sometimes winter comes early in Alabama. Snow drifts pile up to 3-4 inches at times. Never seen it myself but I heard about it.

It can be terrible here. Starvation, isolation, frost bite, loss of life and limb...just awful, I say. Why I remember a time not long ago when the entire State was crippled by over a foot of snow....

For reference, I will share a photo with you. You may want to send the women and children out of the room before you open it up, as the content may upset some of our younger and more sensitive viewers...

Blizzard of '08

BLB...did you happen to be drinking an adult beverage with ole CC and that hardshell Baptist BQ when he told you that "truth" about the snow drifts in Alabama? If LSC was there I hope you had your hand on your wallet too...never can tell about that gang!

Oh...and Lawman Mark...if'n you'll tell the AL border patrol to take a short siesta on Friday morning whilst a few of us Jawja based shooter sneak across the state line I'd be appreciative. Looks bad when they pull you over and you have more guns and ammo than they have in their patrol vehicle :)

Yep, unlike the NOPD a roll of dimes won't get you out of a jam with Bama LEOs. :wacko:

LOL...now I laughed out loud on that one. Silly boy...why bring a roll of dimes when pennies will do....just save your money for boolits

LOL...now I laughed out loud on that one. Silly boy...why bring a roll of dimes when pennies will do....just save your money for boolits

Just come on, KK...I can assure you that the local gendarmes wont lock you up. :unsure::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(They are issued a stick of chalk to draw your outline with on the pavement, though) ;)

Oh...and Lawman Mark...if'n you'll tell the AL border patrol to take a short siesta on Friday morning whilst a few of us Jawja based shooter sneak across the state line I'd be appreciative. Looks bad when they pull you over and you have more guns and ammo than they have in their patrol vehicle :)

Friday? Why you waitin till Friday? The "chooten" starts on Thursday. I got my Alabama visa stamped about two weeks ago. Well it's not really a stamp, it's more of a crayon mark.

Friday? Why you waitin till Friday? The "chooten" starts on Thursday. I got my Alabama visa stamped about two weeks ago. Well it's not really a stamp, it's more of a crayon mark.

I'm studyin' on that maself. The rimfire match is on Thurs afternoon and I could leave early Thurs AM and make it but I gots ta save up some vacation time for some other upcoming "choots." I'll have to noodle on it a mite. Wat's happening Thurs nite....that might tip the scales for me.

BLB , You tell him,He just might miss out on some good fun.

KK ,Ya might want to oil yer joints just a little bit yer starting to squeak. :lol: :lol:

Aw right aw right....I'll be there on Thurs. Gonna shoot the rimfire match on Thurs and LSC promised me (I hope that promise is worth the paper it's printed on) that I can shoot the black powder match on Friday morning using smokeless...just ain't gonna be eligible fer any of the awards for the soot shooters match. Of course I would not win one anyway due to my slow nature but it'll be a good warm up and gives me an excuse....er reason...er something to tell Mama...yeah that's it....something to tell Mama that I'm a gonna be dong on Fri to get away a day early :)

See ya'll on Thurs.

I'm studyin' on that maself. The rimfire match is on Thurs afternoon and I could leave early Thurs AM and make it but I gots ta save up some vacation time for some other upcoming "choots." I'll have to noodle on it a mite. Wat's happening Thurs nite....that might tip the scales for me.

Thursday is Uncle Frank's rim-fire Cowboy match. After that is some joint lubricating and then a free dinner on the range sponsored by Woody Anderson Ford. Then some more joint lubrication, then bed. Yep, gonna be a busy day Thursday. That's why I'm getting there early Wednesday afternoon.

Yep, gotta get there Wednesday if you're gonna be able to do anything Thursday. Wednesday night is the Great Burger Cookout and Lickskillet Charlie's Swamp Water Drinkin' Contest. You're welcome to bring your own Swamp Water or take a chance on potluck!

Yep, gotta get there Wednesday if you're gonna be able to do anything Thursday. Wednesday night is the Great Burger Cookout and Lickskillet Charlie's Swamp Water Drinkin' Contest. You're welcome to bring your own Swamp Water or take a chance on potluck!

I dun tole ya'll onct and I ain't gonna tole you no mo, I ain't gonna drink non a dat Swamp Water whut LSC make. I ain't gonna do it. Ya can't make me. Ya hear!!!!

Dun said it!!

CC

Capt'n Bill We ain't gonna be un-washed we is gonna wash it all down with another swig. :D

Bama got us three gallons cooked off gonna be good wif them vittles. :)

CC nobody sez ya got to drink it we'll just hold ya down and pour it in ya. :lol: :lol:

Charlie you and I can kick back and drink fine sippin whiskey, Crown Royal for you and Makers Mark for me. Let the unwashed heathens drink swamp water!

Capt'n Bill,

That's what we will do, purzactly. Let them what will wake up wif a messed up brain. I kill enough brain cells just tryin' ta think 'uv who I am.

C(I think)C

The CC, SDD, and HH stagecoach will be pulling out of here at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. That is if we don't need an ARK.

CC

Well awwwwwright ch'all...finished loadin' up some extra ammo, function checked my shootin irons, sprayed a little Ballistol on every gun just fer guud measure. Put together ma shootin iron cleaning bag...the gun stuff should be good to go.

LSC told me where his secret "mash cookin" place was at on the phone today so hopefully I'll have enuff swampy stump water, properly filtered of course, to add wif dat Marker's Make dat Capt. Bill Burt is a brangin and have a proper libation. Just to be sure though I'm gonna make a stop at the bottle / spy shop...you know...the shop where Baptists don't recognize one another until they are outside of the store, just to pick up some "just in case" libations....sumtin a Kajun wood drank!!

Ambush is gonna be fun ya'll....just as long as we can see over the top of BLB gorilla shoes and around the corners of Rubedeaux'sTennessee jail jammies. if'n ya got a serious bone in your body ya need to leave it at home....it's liable to get broken.

Gonna be fun.

Me and Brisket will be headin that way tomorrow morning. I got my dutch ovens and my cookin shoes. I recon I'm ready.

Guns Check

Ammo Check

Spoon Check

Yep, I'm ready.

You got the spoon; can I stir the pot? ;)

BLB & KK Ya'll should be able to make it thru to Alabama ok.Was at the range today and looked up and here came some ol cantankerous feller followed by what looked to be some type of convict, wasn't real sure, he didn't seem to be real dangerous tho.

Bird Gun, We ain't accepting no double dog dares.Shhhh be real quite Apache Hawk might be listening. :lol: :lol:

...yadda yadda...ol cantankerous feller followed by what looked to be some type of convict, wasn't real sure, he didn't seem to be real dangerous tho.

LSC, don't be fooled by the convicts ugly looks; he's just a mean as he is ugly :) And that cantankerous guy is as ornery and ill-natured as they come. However both of them tend to mellow out a might after they get a little of their "cough" medicine.

I'll see ya late Thursday morning....gonna be a good urn.....lassiez les bon temps roullier ya'll :)

Couyon Acadien

I should be there late this afternoon - gotta take my bride for a root canal this morning.

See y'all soon!

I should be there late this afternoon - gotta take my bride for a root canal this morning.

See y'all soon!

Bama, ya cud save a mite on your drug bill if'n ya give your lovely bride sum of LSC's stump water...filtered of course...wud'nt want her ta have da vapors :)

Supper at the range tonight for the early arrivals for Ambush was great - burgers, brats/polish sausages, chili, tater chips and apple cobbler with butter pecan ice cream on top. Yum, Yum!! Cherokee Charlie made the burger patties and Lickskillet Charlie cooked 'em. CC even claimed to have washed his hands first :P ! The chili was made by Harman Hammer and Badlands Bob cooked the cobbler in dutch ovens over a charcoal fire.

Then there were the libations. LSC contributed this entry, which those who had some said tasted a lot like apple pie:

Swamp Water

Somebody brought Crown Royal's newest offering, Crown Royal Clear, to go with the original CR and Crown Royal Black. Those who survived a taste of the clear liquid said it was "smooth". They lied :rolleyes: ! It started down smooth, and then halfway down, it lit itself on fire and kinda exploded in your stomach. This sent the fire racing back up your esophagus, thru the sinus cavities and out the top of your head, taking a good size chunk of your skull with it :wacko: . "Smooth", indeed!! :o There was general agreement that this was definitely not anything from Crown Royal, but, more likely, a product of some privately-owned, Tennessee "distillery" situated in the ridges and hollers of that fine state.

More news tomorrow!

Archived