SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2012

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, yesterday that funny smell was Ode Le Wasp and Hornet spray. Andrew found a nice wasp nest showing his "home away from home". Won't speak as to Quigley's shooting skills but I still be here. And I didnt win the lottery.

Who ever buys Quigley's trailer will need a dump truck to haul it off in. I don't think Quigley's bordello has been road worthy for many years. Besides, it's got a funny smell to it.

I'ma thinkin whomsoever buys Quigley's bordello mightn wanna invest in some Chlorox and Lysol to get it back to "serviceable" shape without getting any STDs.

Sent you a PM on your Match, going to try and come after trip to Illinois, Ten, etc. sept, and oct is filled, want to squeeze one more in. :) MT

We'd love to have you and Blue Jeans. It's gonna be a lot of fun.

28 Days (4 Weeks)

Til Ambush at Cavern Cove 2012

I gotta git ready, I'm going to be there probably all week and then some. Have to git supplies laid in, ammo straight, guns ready, clothes together, cabin ready. Lotta work.........maybe Diamond Deb will help...........well maybe.

Blue Wolf

Who is gonna help me? Woe is me!!!! I haven't even started yet.

MT are you and BJ really thinking about coming to GOA? We would love to have you. You will have to come over and visit me.

I saw my infectious disease doc yesterday and he gave me some good news - my blood counts have improved slightly or are holding steady and there are no signs of the infection in the knee and my kidney and liver function tests were both normal. As of today, I am off the IV antibiotics (still on the two oral ones), will have my dual Hickman catheter removed in two weeks (it was used to administer the antibiotics) and if all goes well, my antibiotics will be reduced to a maintenance dose on 1 Oct.

More importantly, I am cleared to shoot in competitions once the Hickman is removed! That means I can shoot Ambush if every thing holds together till then!

YeeHaw!!!!

More good news - I just got back from seeing the ortho doc and he is tickled with the progress and the fact that there are no signs of the staph infection.

I guess I'm still a little gun shy. In the past, the light at the end of the tunnel has always been an oncoming fast freight! :o:lol:

Bama that is great news!!!!!!

NOW FOR THE BIG QUESTION. IS POSSE #1 GOING TO HAVE THE ANNUAL WEDNESDAY NIGHT KICKOFF DINNER?

OKB---ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE IT TO AMBUSH THIS YEAR?

Alright we know OKB is not going to bring the brisket. SO ARE WE GOING TO HAVE THE WEDNESDAY NIGHT DINNER? Last go round!

Dang it!!!

I was second to him in our category last year and I wanted a rematch!

OKB, we're sure gonna miss you and Miss Mary Matilda. Y'all take care of yourownselves and we'll see y'all next year.

Man, first MT and BlueJeans and now OKB and Miss Mary. The ranks of Posse #1 are thinning rapidly!

LSC, I sent ya a PM....and no Blue Wolf it didn't contain those "pictures" I have of you and that inmate from the Alabama "penal" institution :)

Alright we know OKB is not going to bring the brisket. SO ARE WE GOING TO HAVE THE WEDNESDAY NIGHT DINNER? Last go round!

Without OKB's brisket, this ain't lookin so good. Are there any good restaurants within driving distance?

Without OKB's brisket, this ain't lookin so good. Are there any good restaurants within driving distance?

I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard rumblings in the wind that a new place called Quigley's Wagon Title, Burrito and Mercantile will be opening the week before Ambush. Knowing Quigley and the folks he associates wif I'm purt shore you will get served there...what exactly I ain't shore though!!

I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard rumblings in the wind that a new place called Quigley's Wagon Title, Burrito and Mercantile will be opening the week before Ambush. Knowing Quigley and the folks he associates wif I'm purt shore you will get served there...what exactly I ain't shore though!!

I'll make sure my shots are up to date.

BLB,

Uncle Frank has a nice grill (gas) on the premisis. We could grill some hamburgers on Wed. night.

KK,

You sure I didn't see ya on TV the other night? I thought ya were in Charlotte giving a speech or something. I could have sworn I saw ya. Well, I know it was you anyway, it sounded like ya, but they were funnier though. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh BTW, keep yer day job. There are 6,000,000 comedians out of work(due to yer party affliation) and yer out here trying to crack a joke. :rolleyes:

BW

KK,

You sure I didn't see ya on TV the other night? I thought ya were in Charlotte giving a speech or something. I could have sworn I saw ya. Well, I know it was you anyway, it sounded like ya, but they were funnier though. :lol::lol::lol:

BW

Yep yep yep....its true what they say BW....your sight is one of the first things to go when you age...I'll just chalk it up to that :)

Who is gonna help me? Woe is me!!!! I haven't even started yet.

MT are you and BJ really thinking about coming to GOA? We would love to have you. You will have to come over and visit me.

CC, yes we will be there. Have reservations, and application went out today. CAS is fun, from this months first Saturday till the second week in November, we will be traveling every week to a match. Leaving for Illinois, then North more, then East, and dribble south. Now if I could only teach BlueJeans to re-load for me. See ya! MT

Yep yep yep....its true what they say BW....your sight is one of the first things to go when you age...I'll just chalk it up to that :)

KK,

Can't be the eyes. I know your uh..............................looks (yea that's it) anywhere. Can't mistake that anywhere. Even Quig agreed it sure did favor ya. I know LSC would agree and when I called ya yer wife said well she thought maybe you said Charlotte now I know yous talking city right?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BW

KK,

Can't be the eyes. I know your uh..............................looks (yea that's it) anywhere. Can't mistake that anywhere. Even Quig agreed it sure did favor ya. I know LSC would agree and when I called ya yer wife said well she thought maybe you said Charlotte now I know yous talking city right?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BW

Well BW...now I knowed ya been stealing some of LSC's "cough medicine" whilst he was away shooting in the US Open. And heck...I knowed ya was lying to me when you said Quig agreed with ya. Heck, Quig ain't been sober enuff to talk for a good month now....he's been out subcontracting as a ice cream truck driver and got LSC's FOL (former old lady) as his heper. And I got your phone number blocked at my house...yours and few other miscreants.

Let's see, what other lies can we tell here in the Saloon and swear they was truths..:)

LSC, how was the US Open?

KK,The U.S.OPEN was a blast lots of great stages,some ya had to do a little thinking on, movement on some stages .Top shooters from all over the country.Did manage to pull off 13th of 17 in 49r,a couple of alcohol induced brain farts tho.Not too bad for an ol broken down fat man .If you ever get a chance to go, this is one i would highly recommend. LSC

Speaking of disasters....kin anyone give me an update on Quigley's attempt to be the fastest ice cream truck driver? I heared he was out pr*acticing at Talladega last weekend and Bertha wudn't strapped in very good and flewed out the passenger side winder on turn #3 :)

Anyone who is going to be on the range at Ambush on Wednesday (night) interested in having a hamburger cookout?

1.Cherokee Charlie

2.Silver Dollar Don

3.Harmon Hammer

4.Lickskillet Charlie

5.Bama Red

Count me in on that, Charlie!

Well, everything is coming together for Ambush. We still have some room, so if you are sitting on the fence go ahead and go for it. This is going to be a great shoot and you will regret it if you don't make it this year. We have range improvements, door prizes, close and big targets, easy scenarios (written by Tuff Stuff), side matches, Wild Bunch and Black powder mini-matches,night shoot(sponsored by Graver Bill), unique trophies (made by Two Ponies), Good food at the range - breakfast,lunch, Thursday night free dinner, Friday night pay as you go dinner, Breakfast & Lunch is pay as you go (prepared by Henry of Woody Anderson Ford), Saturday night is the banquet with live entertainment at Goose Pond and door prizes given away.

Plenty of shooting (both bull and target), so bring your ammo, guns and stories. This is lining up to be a good'un.

And remember no late fee for signing up.

CC,

Who is cooking the hamburgers? I'll be at the range Monday or Tuesday and staying all week.

See y'all at Ambush,

Blue Wolf

Archived