SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2012

Well Brisket shot her fist match yesterday. :wacko: A big thanks to Rolan Krapps who helped RO her thru the stages. She has decided that she's a better score keeper than a shooter. :blink: I tried to encourage her but I don't think she's buying it. :mellow: I'll continue to work with her and maybe she will try it again.

Keep encouraging her. If it wasn't for the restrictive plate in BlueJeans wrist, (rifle levering, or stroking a slide action) she would shoot. Maybe we'll see her shoot next time. MT

I may not be at this years Ambush, but GEE WHIZ, I remember for past 6 years that this was the most active post at the Saloon, with a daily count-down, and last week, hourly till first round down-range.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep encouraging her. If it wasn't for the restrictive plate in BlueJeans wrist, (rifle levering, or stroking a slide action) she would shoot. Maybe we'll see her shoot next time. MT

I may not be at this years Ambush, but GEE WHIZ, I remember for past 6 years that this was the most active post at the Saloon, with a daily count-down, and last week, hourly till first round down-range.

I'll keep encouraging her. I think she likes visiting and shopping the most. She wasn't raised around firearms and has never really taken to them much. It's taken me 30 years to get her where she will shoot them. It's just going to take time and practice.

Bump.......

I'm sorry LSC....I didn't see you laying there on the floor. Next time ya go partying wif Quigley ya ought'n ta have drunk from his mason jar :)

He can step on mine - sure wouldn't affect my shootin' any!! :lol: :lol:

BLB,

At least she don't have any bad habits, except the ones you taught her. Keep working with her you will get there.

KK,

Quit stumbling around here and watch what yer doing. It's like herding a bunch of cats in here.

LSC, get up outta the floor and quit trying to look up Bertha's dress. :lol::lol:

I gotta go and get some more of something done, y'all are holding me up, somebody needs to get something done around here.

Bottles! give me one to go.

Blue Wolf

LSC, you need to be watching out fer a fellar in a big shinney gold car. He come by my place lookin to serve Little Bertha with some sort of law suit papers. Apparently she done went and beat that ice cream truck driver up pretty bad and put him in the horsepital. He's gonna need fiscal therpy and a special built ice cream truck fer his employment.

I tolt that fellar that she was married to you. He got real interested and said he'd have to see you bout all them medical bills and rebilitation costs.

I don't rightly think that fellar is a trustworthy type. He talked with real big words and sounded like a yankee.

I gotta go and get some more of something done, y'all are holding me up, somebody needs to get something done around here.

Bottles! give me one to go.

Blue Wolf

Somebody needs to be holdin' you up! You got the blind running staggers from drinking that kool aid that ole LSC has been passing around! :o:lol: :lol:

I got the blind running staggers just sitting next to the cowboy that was sitting next to LSC. The side effects of that stuff is permanent.

||

Hey--LSC--How many fingers am I holding up? :lol:

CC Ahh to tums and errr won fanger i thunk. B)

Hey you need me to send you some of my homemade rumatiz medecine for that

shoulder,after a few sips you'll never know that arm was ever hurting.

yuz be shoot'n like blue blazes again. :wacko: :wacko:

CC Ahh to tums and errr won fanger i thunk. B)

Hey you need me to send you some of my homemade rumatiz medecine for that

shoulder,after a few sips you'll never know that arm was ever hurting.

yuz be shoot'n like blue blazes again. :wacko: :wacko:

If'n ole CC gets a toke...er I mean swig...off'n the mason jar full of rumatiz medicine you're "distillin"...er I mean pushin'... I don't think he'll even be able to feel his arm or know how many fangers he's aholdin' up. And...he'll prolly thank he's a shoot'n blue blazes but the blue blazes will be a eminatin' from his hind end :)

Somebody needs to be holdin' you up! You got the blind running staggers from drinking that kool aid that ole LSC has been passing around! :o:lol: :lol:

I was wondering why it was clear. LSC told me it didn't have any food coloring in it because he heard it was bad fer ya. Now, I know uh huh. :wacko:

KK,

LSC said if'n ya strain it afore ya drank it, that would git rid of that explosion on the back end. He said ya had to strain it thru a couple of dirty socks and then thru 45 sheets of cheese cloth and then back thru the socks and then don't drank the strainins. wring out the socks and that is the good stuff. Top shelf he says. :rolleyes: Oh, I almost fergot he said add some blackberry juice fer color err was it muscadine juice well try em both.

Blue Wolf

Blue Wolf,You know good and well i don't strain nutt'n,takes out the flavor. :lol: :lol:

Who all is ready for AMBUSH 2012 @ CAVERN COVE.Count down getting closer.Range projects are coming together fine.

Range is looking great. 22 Cowboy shoot on Thursday ,Side matches,10 stages to shoot,2 nite shoots. Great food.Good time to be had by all.WHO'S READY ? :rolleyes:

LSC

I just might show up. :lol: :lol:

I'm about ready. Still need to clean a few guns and load a few rounds. Oh yea, I gotta remember to knock the rat terds and spiderwebs out of the cobbler pots. So many things to do, I'd better make a list.

I'll start that list right after my nap.

I'm about ready. Still need to clean a few guns and load a few rounds. Oh yea, I gotta remember to knock the rat terds and spiderwebs out of the cobbler pots. So many things to do, I'd better make a list.

I'll start that list right after my nap.

BLB,

Ya making cobblers fer Guns of Autumn? I'm thinking 'bout trying to make it.

BW

LSC,

I am an insomniac.

CC

Here ya go BW. Of course, you'll need to get some gorilla shoes to cook with.

Lazy Apple-Pecan Cobbler

Use a 10" Camp Dutch Oven (we used Lodge’s Model L10CO3) over 8-10 coals with another 15-20 coals

on the lid Ingredients 2 Cans of apple pie filling, mixed with:

1 Cup water 1 Box of Butter Pecan cake mix

1/2 Cup brown sugar

1/2 Cup chopped pecans

Butter

Cinnamon and Apple Pie Spice

Directions

Spray inside of Dutch Oven with non-stick spray.

Preheat Oven over 8 coals for 2-3 minutes.

Pour apple pie filling into the Oven.

Cover the apples with the dry cake mix.

Crumble brown sugar over all.

Sprinkle chopped pecans over all.

Place 8-10 pieces of butter on top.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and apple pie spice over all.

Place lid (with 15 coals) on the Oven.

Bake for about 45 minutes.

Now, if you really like dessert, spoon the cobbler into bowls and top with butter pecan or vanilla ice

cream. You’re in Heaven!!!!

By Whooper Crane, SASS #52745, and The Missus

Whooper and The Missus

BLB,

I was talking bout coming to the Guns of Autumn shoot if ya was making cobblers. Not making the cobblers meself, I ain't no cook. That nap must have been something alright. :lol::lol:

Thanks fer posting the recipe anyway, I give it to Deb.

Blue Wolf

BLB ,Ya ought to know better than give Blue Wolf any cooking directions heck he's liable to burn the house down.Sides he'd never figure out how to cook it.Can see it now BW puts the charcoal briquets in the oven sets the pot on them,turns on the gas and lights the charcoal.BOOM!!!Phone call to Diamond Deb, HONEY... we need a new house. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BLB you ought to know any body who can't dodge a truck

shore can't cook :o :o

LSC(knows he'll pay for this-un)

BLB you ought to know any body who can't dodge a truck

shore can't cook :o :o

LSC(knows he'll pay for this-un)

LSC...you might oughta check your truck afore ya leave out in da morning. You mighten have a potato up the pipes, shugar in da gas tank or in da bed of ur truck a pot wif charcoal underneaf it and da makin's of sum cobbler in da pot wif a gas bottle turned on and an auto lightemupper attached to your ignition switch! (not dat I no anything about such thangs :) )

BLB,

I was talking bout coming to the Guns of Autumn shoot if ya was making cobblers. Not making the cobblers meself, I ain't no cook. That nap must have been something alright. :lol::lol:

Thanks fer posting the recipe anyway, I give it to Deb.

Blue Wolf

We'd be mighty happy to have you come to Guns of Autumn but I ain't gonna have time to do any cookin' there. I hired that job out to a friend that makes good BBQ and banana puddin. Some times ya just have to delegate certain jobs.

We'd be mighty happy to have you come to Guns of Autumn but I ain't gonna have time to do any cookin' there. I hired that job out to a friend that makes good BBQ and banana puddin. Some times ya just have to delegate certain jobs.

Now what in the wide world of sports is more important than you cooking the cobblers? Geez, ya'd thunk you had sumthing ta do or sumthing. :lol:

KK,

I like yer thinkin'. I might need to fix yer category and posse :lol::lol:

I fergot LSC I'll remember that yep, I'm thinkin'

BW

CC, try to sleep it off.

Birdgun

BG, I'ma thinkin' ole CC is ahavin' the blind running staggers cuz he's still ahavin' nightmares of marrying his daughter Bertha off to da likes of LSC. Who'd wanna go ta sleep if'n ya know'd ya was gonna have dem kind of nightmares? :)

BG, I'ma thinkin' ole CC is ahavin' the blind running staggers cuz he's still ahavin' nightmares of marrying his daughter Bertha off to da likes of LSC. Who'd wanna go ta sleep if'n ya know'd ya was gonna have dem kind of nightmares? :)

Is this CC's daughter Bertha with her world wrestling championship belt? :unsure:

http://www.midwestwrestling.com/images9/Bertha_Faye_WWF_Womens.jpg

http://ecwfrenchtribute.free.fr/HTLM/Photos/Divas/A-D/Bertha_Faye/Bertha_Faye_01.jpg

My eyes!!!! My eyes!!!

Quick, get the Clorox and a sharp stick!! :o :o :o:lol:

Is this CC's daughter Bertha with her world wrestling championship belt? :unsure:

http://www.midwestwr..._WWF_Womens.jpg

http://ecwfrenchtrib...tha_Faye_01.jpg

BG...those pictures look a lot more like LSC than Bertha to me!! Put a wig on LSC and have him lose about a hunnert pounds and those pictures would just like to one of LSC on the post office wall :)

K (who is wondering if'n LSC has a professional rasslin' past we don't need to know about) K

Archived