SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2012

I've always said that LSU, just like "Bama, get's the best team money can buy. The only difference between Bama and LSU is that LSU has more generous alumini. LSU alum dutifully raise enough money every Friday night during football season to pay the bail to field an eleven man team!!

:lol: :lol: :ph34r: :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I remind all of you that this thread is suppose to be for Ambush 2012. It's sole purpose is for Ambush. AMBUSH, I TELL YOU.

Uncle Frank has not started having football games there has he? :lol: :lol:

Hush, Charlie!

Don't give him any more ideas!! :lol:

I finally found what Badlands Bob has been looking for....an all terrain guncart. I found a prototype design that I know ole BLB can modify using 12 of those gorilla shoes where he kin navigate all over the Ambush range come rain or shine!! You can view the prototype here.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/22/mesa-robotics-mini-tank-is-perfectly-happy-on-point-video/

I found my new gun cart. It only weighs 4,500 lbs so I can tow it with my truck. I'm going to hook up one of them directional sound amps on it to distract my competition. If it'll work on pirates, it should work on Cowboys.

May I remind all of you that this thread is suppose to be for Ambush 2012. It's sole purpose is for Ambush. AMBUSH, I TELL YOU.

Uncle Frank has not started having football games there has he? :lol: :lol:

CC,

What are you talking about? I'm trying to advertise the Application for the best shoot in Dixie known as AMBUSH at CAVERN COVE :excl:

Now is yer'n on the way? Kind include my kickback err....tip? :lol: :lol: :lol:

BW

BW,

Da ck is in da mail.

Tip: Mama's Boy in the third to place.

BW,

Da ck is in da mail.

Tip: Mama's Boy in the third to place.

Mama's Boy huh....didn't know that old nag LSC was racing today :)

Now that there is funny,yea, that there is funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

KK , Iff'n you wernt lay'n on the porch with the pups, you'd be running with the big dogs at Rockcastle this weekend like i am.I'll tell everone you said hello from the porch. LSC

Sorry LSC, I'm shooting here is GA this weekend. I'll be at Rockcastle in spirit though. Nob Creek Drover is from my hometown and he's running a gumbo cookoff over there. I posted my recipe for chicken and sausage gumbo over on the Wahr part of this board....maybe somebody'll cook it and let you taste some. Make sure when you see Nob Creek Drover you tell him "Coment sa va." He might look at you funny (as all people who see you do) but he will smile.

I'll be off the porch next weekend at the NC state match in Salisbury NC. If'n you kin break free from your Mama's skirts come on and shoot wif us there.

I'll hoist an adult beverage and drink a toast to you this Sat...maybe you'll make a few hits on the berms there at Rockcastle....I know you ain't got no clangs in your bangs :) FYI...Bertha said the same thing about ya too!!

CC printed the application and it will be in mail this week-end. putting in for posse 1. Will try to make it to the June shoot and get LMM to draw for the free Ambush shoot I'm giving away.

HTF,

I would love to win a free entry. Bring it onnnnnnnnnn! It will be good to see you and Di.

BW has not yet confirmed if he is going to honor CC's posse #1. I asked him to commit and he never answered me. Hint hint hint hint hint hint and another hint.

HTF,

I would love to win a free entry. Bring it onnnnnnnnnn! It will be good to see you and Di.

BW has not yet confirmed if he is going to honor CC's posse #1. I asked him to commit and he never answered me. Hint hint hint hint hint hint and another hint.

CC,

Don't worry I will honor all requests within reason. Remember though I have to also balanace posse assignments. You will be on posse 1 as always. Unless of course someone gives a larger kickback err......tip. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone that wants to posse with someone or doesn't want to, please tell me on application. Everything will run smooth and nobody will get their feelings hurt. :D

BW

Attention! Attention!

Cherokee Charlie's Posse' #1 is official.

For those who would like to be on Posse ONE please let it be known.

Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaa.

Count me in.

I'll count ya in but, I will needan essay written in midgetnese in triplicate orginal hand written not less than two thousand words on why you should be counted atall. I'm waiting...................................

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BW

I'll count ya in but, I will needan essay written in midgetnese in triplicate orginal hand written not less than two thousand words on why you should be counted atall. I'm waiting...................................

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BW

That's easy. I just happen to have a midget hiding out in my basement. I'll put her to work on it right away.

I'm thinkin' Brisket was part and party to this kidnapping...after all we all know BLB ain't helping wif da housew*rk. Brisket just needed a "little" help around da house :)

Drove down to the range today with my youngest daughter's husband to pick up my camper trailer that's been parked there for the last little bit. Needless to say, he was impressed! It was his first visit to a cowboy range of any type and I think he liked what he saw. Maybe I can get him back here for a shoot one o' these days.

At the Cavern Cove Rimfire end of the facility, the Rimfire Range is completely under cover from start to finish and, even though its only been in existence for two years, it will be hosting its second Alabama State Ruger Rimfire Challenge.

Over on the cowboy side, the members who show up for the work days have got the range looking absolutely terrific!

All stages now have electricity serving them. That means fans in the summer and lights year-round. Half of the cowboy stages have permanent covers over the loading and unloading tables. What a welcome relief when the sun is burning down or when it may be raining slightly. I have just got to make it to the June shoot, knee permitting.

Hey LSC :excl:

Badlands Bob has Bertha hid out in his basement. Now, Bob does your wife know this?

Blue Wolf

uh, I don't know what your talking about. I, uh, haven't seen Bertha since she ran off from LSC.

uh, I don't know what your talking about. I, uh, haven't seen Bertha since she ran off from LSC.

Uh Huh...........I hear ya. Must have been those gorilla feet ya been wearing. I heard one-time some women talking bout feet among other things. Yep, somethings ya remember from your youth. Never did know if'n it was true but that was what they said. :lol:

KK,

Talking bout train wrecks. I hear tell there was a mighty big one up around Rockcastle this weekend. Seems a fella had problems with his shoot gun........... Yep, locked up tight. Fella had to use a double barrel fer a few stages. Trouble is he ain't no double shooter fumble shells, dropped shells, cussed shells, stomped shells..........ya git the drift. Wish I coulda seen it. Oh, who was it, ya say?

Well, LSC, better known as doigts de fubmble Skittles. :lol:

BW

Blue Wolf,You're up mighty danged early this morning to be picking on me.

LSC (who's gonna learn to master a double)

Yep, when those wheels come off, there ain't no puttin' them back on. The trick to a double is you have to slow down your loading to go faster. Fumbling takes time.

BLB ,Ya got that right,it's mighty hard to load a double when ya got your finger stuck in the chamber where the shell is suppose to be and then the caboose runs over ya.BTW How's Bertha doing :D

That I know Lickskillet. I got to loadin' my double so fast that when I closed the breech, my neck tie got stuck in the right chamber. When I fired the gun, I was pulled right through the barrel and slung down range. Knocked down both knockdown targets when I landed. Got a Match DQ though... :blush:

That I know Lickskillet. I got to loadin' my double so fast that when I closed the breech, my neck tie got stuck in the right chamber. When I fired the gun, I was pulled right through the barrel and slung down range. Knocked down both knockdown targets when I landed. Got a Match DQ though... :blush:

Birdgun err.....Tweety,

Now that reminds me of a Wiley Coyote or Fred Flinstone thing more than Tweety :lol: I guess maybe you could change your moniker to Wiley C. Flintgun Quail. BTW, did ya lose any feathers during that episode? Just wondering cause I thought I saw some gleaming off your head. :huh:

BW

BLB ,Ya got that right,it's mighty hard to load a double when ya got your finger stuck in the chamber where the shell is suppose to be and then the caboose runs over ya.BTW How's Bertha doing :D

She still speaks of you often. Not nicely, but she does speak of you. :D

Birdgun err.....Tweety,

Now that reminds me of a Wiley Coyote or Fred Flinstone thing more than Tweety :lol: I guess maybe you could change your moniker to Wiley C. Flintgun Quail. BTW, did ya lose any feathers during that episode? Just wondering cause I thought I saw some gleaming off your head. :huh:

BW

Hey Blue Wolf. That was an almost true story!

Hey Blue Wolf. That was an almost true story!

OK, Now how bout we get a Baptist Category going? Let's say blackpowder only, open tops or cap&ball colt clones, shot duelist, double barrel or lever action, black pants, white shirt, felt hat, vest optional, black sleeve garters. Add as you see fit.

BW

OK, Now how bout we get a Baptist Category going? Let's say blackpowder only, open tops or cap&ball colt clones, shot duelist, double barrel or lever action, black pants, white shirt, felt hat, vest optional, black sleeve garters. Add as you see fit.

BW

No blackpower. On Holy Smokeless--cause the Holy Ghost can't be seen either. Shooter needs to have a Bible on their person for Bible Thumpin' (some spotters need thumpin'). No crossdraw holsters--they lead to dancin'! No cussin', drinkin', or card playin' either! No participant can shoot in the Baptist category until they've been completely dunked under the water by a duly ordained NAR club officer....need a water trough deep enough for dunkin' folks. All SASS rules are left to the individual interpretation of each Baptist Category shooter. After each clean stage, the shooter is to holler, "AMEN!" A clean match requires a shout of HALLELUJAH!!

Archived