SASS Wire Forum

We are going to our first Bordertown !

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

We are so excited about attending our first Bordertown match. We've been to Tombstone several times and always have an amazing time. We shot last Febuary at Los Vaqueros in Tombstone and had a great time! What a great bunch of folks there. They treated us so good and we really appreciated it. All the good things I've heard about this match have us just sittin on the edge of our seats ready to go.

So look out Tombstone because here comes Colt Faro and Rattlesnake Wrangler!!!! Will the town too tough to die survive? .... I think so. Lol

Colt Faro

I'm sorry to hear that Colt, you and Snake are going to have way too much fun. Best stay home. Really. Them targets are too close, absolutely no dang fun at all and the stages are just....fun. Not any way I'd want to spend my weekend. You won't like the people, they're all too happy, fun (there's that dang word again) friendly and there'll be way too much to do and see. Especially if you go to town. Ain't much to see in Tombstone. Justa bunch of old buildings...who cares if it was the focal point for some of the west's biggest history? That little old street fight weren't much neither, didn't hardly make the papers. Tombstone wasn't one of the biggest mining towns in the west nor did much of anything ever happen (other than that street fight that people keep talking about) No, nothing to see there, just move along. In fact, I bet there's a needy pard somewheres who ain't making it to Bordertowwn this year who would go in yer place... :lol:

P.S. Be sure to remind Snake that there ain't no target to big or too CLOSE to miss !!!

Once it gets over, you kinda start counting the days until the next one. Glad you could make it, it fills up quick. Don, are you trying to say you didn't get in? Looking forward to another FUN filled event. Yee-hah!

Wednesday the 26th is the 130th anniversary of the Shootout at the OK Corral. If you're in town, I believe there is a parade and last year the mayor invited cowboy shooters in costume to join in.

That should be memorable.

Wily

I'm sorry to hear that Colt, you and Snake are going to have way too much fun. Best stay home. Really. Them targets are too close, absolutely no dang fun at all and the stages are just....fun. Not any way I'd want to spend my weekend. You won't like the people, they're all too happy, fun (there's that dang word again) friendly and there'll be way too much to do and see. Especially if you go to town. Ain't much to see in Tombstone. Justa bunch of old buildings...who cares if it was the focal point for some of the west's biggest history? That little old street fight weren't much neither, didn't hardly make the papers. Tombstone wasn't one of the biggest mining towns in the west nor did much of anything ever happen (other than that street fight that people keep talking about) No, nothing to see there, just move along. In fact, I bet there's a needy pard somewheres who ain't making it to Bordertowwn this year who would go in yer place... :lol:

P.S. Be sure to remind Snake that there ain't no target to big or too CLOSE to miss !!!

Don't worry DD we will be sure and have lots of fun for you!!! I know you don't like that kind of stuff anyway!! LOL As for the range, targets, people etc, I guess we will just have to tough it out. I'll be sure and warn Snake about the targets too big too miss! lol Anyway I sure wish you were gonna be there!

See you at Winter Range!

Colt

Wednesday the 26th is the 130th anniversary of the Shootout at the OK Corral. If you're in town, I believe there is a parade and last year the mayor invited cowboy shooters in costume to join in.

That should be memorable.

Wily

Wiley I would love to be there on the 26th but thats's the day we are leaving. I wish I could get away ealier but I have business to tend to on the 26th. We will be there on the 27th rip roaring and ready to go!

I'm makin my way down from Colorado. I haven't shot Border Town since I was Rattlesnake's age so I am very excited. Travel safe and I'll see ya around the fire.

Brimstone

Brimestone, It will be good to see you there pard! You have a safe journey as well!

Colt

I'm guilty of this sickness. Have to practice my rifle reloads because of it. :wacko:

I've done it before too. Good thing I've practiced reloads. Rattlesnake has his rifle reload over the top down to 1 second. Lol

Colt, Lady T and I will be making our first trip to Bordertown too, we are leaving on Saturday morning and should be out there by Tuesday. I have been looking forward to this match since I found out I got in.

I have not seen the posse list yet but pretty sure I will not know anyone on my posse and get to shoot with Chance Derriger for the first time I think.

Going to CaC after AZ, what a great two weeks to be shooting CAS.

Colt, Lady T and I will be making our first trip to Bordertown too, we are leaving on Saturday morning and should be out there by Tuesday. I have been looking forward to this match since I found out I got in.

I have not seen the posse list yet but pretty sure I will not know anyone on my posse and get to shoot with Chance Derriger for the first time I think.

Going to CaC after AZ, what a great two weeks to be shooting CAS.

:) We are on Posse 4 along with Slick Derringer (my son), Colt Walker ( my cousin) & T.A. Chance (Territorial Govenor). :)

:) We are on Posse 4 along with Slick Derringer (my son), Colt Walker ( my cousin) & T.A. Chance (Territorial Govenor). :)

Sounds like a great posse Chance! We are on posse 1 I'm not sure who is on it but its all good with me. We are gonna have so much fun. I'm looking forward to meeting you pards out there!!!

See ya soon!

Colt

Oh and Johnnie Morris,

keep an eye on Texas for me while I'm gone. I'll be sure and have lots of fun for ya!!! Lol

Started packing up the gear today. Kinda interesting going through the INS roadblock (if for some reason you have to run up to Bensen for supplies)when they ask what is in the big black metal locked box (actually our safe) in the back-well officer, it is full of guns and ammo, haven't you heard about all the cowboys coming to town for a great big shootoff?

were are going to have a great time on posse 4!

Sounds like a great posse Chance! We are on posse 1 I'm not sure who is on it but its all good with me. We are gonna have so much fun. I'm looking forward to meeting you pards out there!!!

See ya soon!

Colt

colt, youre listed on posse 3 and oddly enough, the kids not listed at all. a call might be order.

CC

were are going to have a great time on posse 4!

colt, youre listed on posse 3 and oddly enough, the kids not listed at all. a call might be order.

CC

I'll give Rellito a shout and see what's going on for sure. I know they will work it out they are all good folks. Personally I think they should not let Rattlesnake shoot and make him pick up brass and push my gun cart for me! LOL ..... Like that would ever happen!

Colt

:ph34r: Everyone drive safely and have fun, and most of all.......

BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU PARK ! :lol:

Wish we were going-- perhaps next year.

Thank you Bad! It's sure gonna be lots of fun out there. I can't wait!!!

Lady T and I will be there by Tuesday so she can get set up on Wednesday. We are staying at the Wells Fargo RV park and will be in town every night there is not something going on at the range. Look for the guy wearing a cowboy hat, you cant miss me :lol:

Lady T and I will be there by Tuesday so she can get set up on Wednesday. We are staying at the Wells Fargo RV park and will be in town every night there is not something going on at the range. Look for the guy wearing a cowboy hat, you cant miss me :lol:

It will great to see you there TT!!! I'll be the one wearing cowboy boots!

Don't forget to pull the trigger :wacko:

It's a well known symptom of Bordertown Fever..... :lol:

See ya there.

ROFL I've had that illness before! :wacko:

Archived