SASS Wire Forum

What other Aliases did you consider before you picked yours?

In no particular order;

Holy Ghost

Django

Silence

Black

Loco

Johnny Guitar

And God Said to Cain

Sabata

Sartana

Jersey City Kid

The Stranger

Johnny Forever

My husband wanted us to be "Red Beans" and "Cornbread".... I told him there was no way I was letting folks call me Cornbread.

I tried "Texas Tornado" but it was taken.

I thought about "Joy Darlin'" but it's too close to my real name Joyce Darlene.

Not really sure how I ended up with Complicated Lady...It's from a line in a Travis Tritt song.

..... not sure if I liked it at first but I have had so much fun with it, I like it now.

I figure folks can assume that a woman who is willing to admit she's alittle complicated at times might be fun to hang out with.

My husband's alias is Petticoat Chaser.

I came up with it.

If you know my husband you know why it's funny because he is very quiet... definitely not a skirt chaser.

My petticoat's the only petticoat he is chasing. :rolleyes::wub:

I think it would be cute if my grand daughter was "Minor Complications" but she would have to constantly explain that her Nana is Complicated Lady.

My great great uncle Jerome was a famous gunfighter according to a story I made up for this post. Actually I really had a great uncle Jerome but I don't know much other than that is who I got my middle name from.

My full name is Anthony Jerome Webb, and when my uncle picked me up for my first match when I was 11 we had 20 minutes to figure somethin out. We figured spider would be took and the Apache junction kid didn't exactly sound great, so I took the toughest part of my name Jerome and added a tough rhyming word and there ya have it Brimstone Jerome. I've been tongue tyin score keepers ever since.

Thought about changing to Jeromy Stone but ill wait til I get on a few more wanted posters first.

Best

Brimstone

Ktown Kid...our town is Kannapolis and lots of things called Ktown...after several months of "hay Ktown, do this"..."hay Ktown do that"..."hay Ktown can you"...so i just droped the Kid...(and at 50+, recon i aint a kid...

dont ever see changin it...

We were at the Custer Battlegrounds NP in Montana. The indian memorial had two indian names that caught my eye. One was Plenty Coup and the other was Plenty Lice. So I was looking for a Plenty something as an alias and came up with Plenty Knives.

Well, everybody expected me to carry 50 pounds of cutlery on my gun belt and that got to be real heavy and cumbersome.

I changed it to Haole.

Before I joined SASS I used the alias "Shagnasty" from a short story my wife wrote in High School. She then submitted it to the Black Powder Report magazine in the early 80's where it got published. When I had it as my first choice I found out it was already used, so I got my second choice Blarney Kid, which I chose because I found out while in Scotland that my ancestors built Blarney castle.

When my wife and I first married I had a CB in my truck.My handle was Beaver Skinner. My wife did not like it then so I did not ask for it in Sass.

My first choice was Bret Maverick, because Bret is spelled right using just one t which is my name and they called me maverick in high school. Plus it was a western tv show. It was taken so I choose Gray Hare becaused my hair started turning gray when I was 16 (thanks mom, she was gray around then to) and I was pretty gray when I started shooting CAS. I used hare instead of hair for a play on words. I just tell everyone that I dye my hair to make me look distinguished, which everyone agree I am very distinguished! :lol:

Gray Hare

Yea..uh huh.... you keep thinking that :)

Everyone kept telling me that I should pick an alias before it gets picked for me... well, I wasn't quick enough. (No comments from the peanut gallery..you know who you are) Gray Hare kept telling everyone I was so much older than he was (yea right!) ,that he came up with Blue Hare. Everyone kept saying I was too young for that alias (again, no comments) but I liked it.. and it stuck. For now, the blue hat replaces the blue hair.. (although if I'm around the other Hare much longer it might actually turn that way permanently).

Col. Caleb Boone (It's Boone2u) calls me Crazy Rabbit as I got grip frames for my pistols off the Wire.. and the initials "CR" are engraved on them.

I started out as Tucson Kid but when I went to join SASS it was taken, so I took Kid Tucson. I got sick of the "Kid" handle and briefly changed it to Bat Lash, (comic book character) when all my pards started callin me Bat Guanno I dropped that!!! I went with Tucson Tony (can ya tell I like Tucson??) Got sick of that and went with Rye Miles who was an actual Arizona Ranger and Sheriff of Tucson back in the day. It's been Rye Miles fer pretty near 10 years now. Guess I'm Rye Miles fer good.B)

I originally wanted to go with "Sally Starr" She was a cowgirl host of a childrens program back east (around Philadelphia) in the '60s. Can't honestly remember why I didn't go with it other than I guess I figured no one would even know who Sally Starr was and it would have been most appropriate to shoot B-Western in honor of her, but I'm not really the B-Western type.

Then, since I'm hitched to Philly Slim, I thought about being "Slims Filly" but then everyone would try to call both of us Philly/Filly -- who would answer? don't know.

So I settled on using my 100% German heritage and went with Sour Kraut. And if you listen to Philly Slim, it's really my disposition as well as my heritage. :P

.....So I settled on using my 100% German heritage and went with Sour Kraut.....

Nicht s-a-u-r? :)

IIRC, SIG-Sauer makes a SAA. get a couple and be Sauer Kraut?

My first choice was Big Swede, second was Big Jim and I couldn't think of a third so I just put down an old army call sign, Nozzlerag.

Of course I got number three.

A few years later I had it shortened to Noz.

Strangely, Big Jim was taken but my brother in law asked for and got Little Jim.

Everyone kept telling me that I should pick an alias before it gets picked for me... well, I wasn't quick enough. (No comments from the peanut gallery..you know who you are) Gray Hare kept telling everyone I was so much older than he was (yea right!) ,that he came up with Blue Hare. Everyone kept saying I was too young for that alias (again, no comments) but I liked it.. and it stuck. For now, the blue hat replaces the blue hair.. (although if I'm around the other Hare much longer it might actually turn that way permanently).

Col. Caleb Boone (It's Boone2u) calls me Crazy Rabbit as I got grip frames for my pistols off the Wire.. and the initials "CR" are engraved on them.

LOL!

I love it. I guess we are CAS sisters. ;) I keep acquiring aliases too. I'm not sure I even remember all of them. :unsure::rolleyes:

I thought about these after I had my alias, but I aint gonna change now.

I thought about "Next Shooter" or "Next Up". That way it would always be my turn to shoot. :)

And if you listen to Philly Slim, it's really my disposition as well as my heritage. :P

Awww! No one listens to him anyway! ;) We all know you're a sweetie!

I thought about "Stumblin' Nell" (Nellie was my grandma)...but I was afraid I would live up to my name...I do anyway...even though I didn't pick it! LOL

My grandfather told me about a cousin who was known as "Horse Rogue Bill Douglas" because he "borrowed" a horse to ride home from church when he was 13 years old. I decided that was a little too long, so I went with my grandmother's maiden name Duffield as there was a scout by that name in an old western movie. Mother said that when the hero said "Here comes Duffield" that half the people in the theatre stood up and cheered!

Duffield

For the very short time I shot before registering with SASS, I was Buck Wheat. I'll never forget Two Ponies introducing me to Spunky Hollow Slim and telling him that if it was available I would be Buck Wheat. Instantly Spunky responded, "You look more like Cream-O-Wheat to me."

As ya'll know if the name is pronounced the same, it is the same and someone already had Buckwheat. I stuck with Buck because it was a nickname Mother called me claiming that I reminded her of Buckwheat. Although The Little Rascals was on T.V. when I was a kid, I didn't pay it enough attention to know the characters' names and when Mother called me Buck, I thought she was speaking of Alfalfa. I keep meaning to ask her about that because she was never demeaning to me in any way, but I can't imagine how being compared to Buckwheat could be anything close to a compliment. :lol:

:FlagAm: I wanted to use my Great Grandfathers name but it is already in use in CA. Then I wanted to use a cowboy term.....someone beat me to it in Texas......So I settled on the "Yoos-ta-be-Kid" cuz I use to be a lot of things.....that I aint no more! :FlagAm:

I suppose like many just joining SASS I was foolish enough to believe some "John Wayne" based alias would be available. Most aliases I chose were so obscure they passed on the local level until I would eventually recieve official notice from SASS that they were unavailable. Being the new guy and somewhat of a loner, no one noticed my alias changed from month to month.

Finally in frustration I tried to be what at the time I thought was clever. In the mix of submitted possibilities I stuck in the innocent looking alias "Trip Six" ... short for triple six or 666 ... mark of the beast. To my surprise, it was approved. And for almost a year I competed as "Trip Six". It seems I was in fact so clever that no one ever picked up on it's hidden meaning. Unfortunately during the following few months two local match DQ's and one disasterous out of State match at Given's Ferry convinced me somone either up there or down there didn't share my sense of humor.

Thankfully about that time my then wife had decided to join SASS and wanted her alias to reflect our multiple dog ownership. Of the dozen suggestions I offered her one struck me in particular so when she passed on it I jumped, and the change was approved.

Well, I tried Bushwhacker but that was taken. I've been Bodine longer than I've used my given name since the kids at school tagged me with it when I was 13. So I just came along as who I am. The name came from the kids at school picking on me because I am from a white-trash poor farm family. It was supposed to be a reference to Jthro Bodine of the beverly hillbillies, and was supposed to be an insult. But took it and wore it as a badge of honor as my Great-grandpa taught me- when life hands you a bunch of shite, throw it back and laugh.

Bodine

Well, I'm TERRIBLY skinny so I knew Slim had to be in there. I wanted to go with my current location so I tried Sin City Slim. That was already taken so I went with my home town, The City of Brotherly Love Slim. Took too long to sign up for matches so I shortened it. ;)

Archived