SASS Wire Forum

Double barrel sbs S trigger

Dungannon Gunner

I want to purchase an above average quality double barrel side by side 12 gauge with a single trigger. Can anyone offer me suggestions of quality brands I should consider?

I have had some quality issues with a brand shotgun made in Turkey.

Thanks!

I've been shooting an Skb 100 for the past couple of months and I'm starting to believe the hype. I switched from a two trigger stoeger which I thought was ok. In truth the stoeger is a club compared to the Skb which is light and responsive. The single trigger vs. double wasn't that big of a deal to me.

I want to purchase an above average quality double barrel side by side 12 gauge with a single trigger. Can anyone offer me suggestions of quality brands I should consider?

I have had some quality issues with a brand shotgun made in Turkey.

Thanks!

Yes. SKB and Browning are the best, but you must spend $1,000 to $1,500 to get one and do the action work. A much less expensive alternative, and still a cut above, is a Charles Daly 306 - if you can find one.

After using a nicely tuned BSS for over 10 years with no problems I wholeheartedly recommend the BSS.

The mechanical reset is a boon with poor ammo.

Ol' #4

If you go far afield looking for an alternate shotgun, look carefully at the locking mechanism. If there is a large locking "bar" between the barrels (when opened) where you need to load, the locking mechanism will slow down the loading process. The extractor can be managed, especially with a bit of gunsmithing.

Howdy. A single trigger double fired both barrels at once, we were not using light loads. Gunsmith could not find anything wrong. The gun still does it occasionally.

Howdy. A single trigger double fired both barrels at once, we were not using light loads. Gunsmith could not find anything wrong. The gun still does it occasionally.

That happens to double trigger guns slso. Just ask a couple of Stoeger owners I know.

Other good SxS's with a single trigger offered are Fox B's (Savage and Sterlingworths), LC Smiths and Parker Spartans. These guns mostly cam with double triggers, but singles can be found on Gunbroker. There is a current Sterlingworth in great condition on Gunbroker for $699.

Thanks Pards for all the wonderfull advise. I decided on a nice SKB 100 and today ordered from Johnny Meadows...

Thanks for all the help!!!

Thanks Pards for all the wonderfull advise. I decided on a nice SKB 100 and today ordered from Johnny Meadows...

Thanks for the business

Johnny Meadows

Good choice in guns.

GREAT choice in gunsmiths.

(But don't tell him I said that. Johnny's already got a big enough head. ;) )

Archived